Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 05:50 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,672,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Yes that's a big bonus for the workers they won't have to pay union dues of course working for slave wages is always good for your standard of living.

Sell those nice middle class homes and move into a double wide.

The UAW only pays around $15 per hour to start. That's Home Depot wages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 05:50 PM

13,009 posts, read 18,988,934 times
I suppose right-wingers stay away from GM whenever possible. Union workforce, bailed out, makes an electric model.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:09 PM

17,691 posts, read 17,915,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
I suppose right-wingers stay away from GM whenever possible. Union workforce, bailed out, makes an electric model.
I'm a "right-winger" and I've made it clear in my previous post on this topic why I refuse to buy GM again. In case you don't wish to go back and find my post, I'll give you the gist here.
1. GM V6 intake gasket failing after the factory warranty expires. They knew about the problem for at least a decade and did nothing to correct the problem and blamed the vehicle owners. My cost $700
2. GM anti-theft system stops recognizing the owner's keys within a year of the warranty expiring. Problem is so common among GM vehicles that there are how to YouTube videos on how to install a toggle switch to bypass the system before it begins to fail. $400 to replace after it does fail.
3. AC control. Multiple problems here. If it manages to stay in recirculation, bumps in the road switches it back to vent. if you manage to get the AC light to stay lit (meaning compressor is running), bumps in the road will cause it to go off. Good luck in getting it replaced with a working model and if you do get a working model, it'll start failing after the one year part warranty expires. There went a few hundred dollars. Need AC in hot and humid south.

GM knew about these problems (as evidenced by their service bulletins) and still blamed their customers and didn't make the changes necessary to improve their product. Guess they figured that since the parts failed "after" the warranty expired then there was no cost to them so why bother fixing it if it isn't costing them money. It cost them later with the loss of loyal customers moving on to other brands.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,084 times
I buy what is good for me. Around here I have never had any luck making a deal with our Chevy dealer. Only dealer in town. I have had Fords, VW Diesel, Chevy (bought 50 miles away) & Hondas. Right now I have a Civic & a Prius. The Prius I get 50 MPH combined. It rides & drives better than any car I have ever owned.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:45 PM

498 posts, read 1,460,646 times
Not really. I go with the best/favorite product, regardless of where it was made or who made it. My dad won't buy anything made by the UAW, however. I don't blame him.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:47 PM

498 posts, read 1,460,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Yes that's a big bonus for the workers they won't have to pay union dues of course working for slave wages is always good for your standard of living.

Sell those nice middle class homes and move into a double wide.
We can see how many nice middle class homes Detroit is full of.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:53 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,959,097 times
Having a Subaru means never having to shout out your political leanings, it's inferred haha

Old 07-07-2013, 06:57 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,635,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Having a Subaru means never having to shout out your political leanings, it's inferred haha
Actually, it's more like the Subaru nameplate itself shouts it out for you. Forget "inferred."

Of course, if there's a WRX nameplate on there, that overrides the Subaru nameplate.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,168,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
It hasn't yet and I can't see it affecting my decisions in the future.

However some people may put national or world politics into consideration

Will Jews boycott Chrysler after buyout by Mercedes? | j. the Jewish news weekly of Northern California
That article is from 1998; Chrysler hasn't been owned by Daimler for years now.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,714,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
If we bought cars based on Politics, wouldn't half the country be drive a giant Chrysler sedan? Isn't that what Obama drives?
He used to. I don't think Presidents drive during their terms.

Last edited by Yellow Jacket; 07-07-2013 at 07:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive