Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 12:06 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,427,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
Because I say what's factually true rather than attempting to construct a clearly-false argument in order to justify a poor argument where I tripped myself up? Good point.
Give up dude. If you dont even understand that something can be "wrong" but still legal, then theres no hope of arguing law with you. She may have been a jerk in your eyes, but she was within the law in her actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 12:06 PM

1,136 posts, read 942,479 times
I wonder if thatguydownsouth is a lawyer. If so, someone needs to hire him immediately, if only for the comedy. "She wasn't involved in the accident. But she taught him a lesson! ...uh, oh, wait, I only mean that she was CONCEPTUALLY involved in a theoretical way, but not in any real way." Meanwhile, anyone who is over the age of 10 is laughing and so he gets all angry and is like "hey, that's why you're not a lawyer!" Yeah, buddy, keep thinking these big thoughts.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
She may have been a jerk in your eyes, but she was within the law in her actions.
Uh oh, guess that also applies to the guy, huh? Or is there some more fancy lawyering you have to teach us, Mr. Fake Lawyer?

Old 04-02-2014, 12:08 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times
Quote:
Oh, I made it back into the lane. Like I told you, I'd have gotten back into the lane even if it required killing the old dude. I'm not joking, btw. If one of you guys have an old dad who came back yesterday and said someone almost hit them when they were passing them, that was me and your dad deserved to die.
Wow, that is crazy. No sense getting that mad on the road. I always laugh at the guy who HAS to get ahead of me and then we catch a red light and he is no further than I was except one car length ahead.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:08 PM

Look here rookie, if she was violating any laws, then how come she wasnt arrested and he was....oh thats right, because she didnt break any laws!!!God you are trying to argue this so much and you want to be right, but the law isnt even on your side. Are you this guy's mom or something?

Old 04-02-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Wow, that is crazy. No sense getting that mad on the road. I always laugh at the guy who HAS to get ahead of me and then we catch a red light and he is no further than I was except one car length ahead.
Oh, yeah, I do that, too. I think we're mostly the same in how we drive. But like I said, he almost killed me by deliberately blocking me out. I'd have no problem in killing him. It has nothing to do with anger. He tried to kill me, so at that point anything goes.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Look here rookie, if she was violating any laws, then how come she wasnt arrested and he was
Wow, is that really your argument? Whoever is arrested is guilty? You sure are a great lawyer! Can I hire you? You can distract the court with your silliness.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:11 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,990 times
Quote:
Floridian here. It is not illegal to film with a cell phone camera here.

Following too closely is.

Yes you must yield to faster traffic, but the law is grey on if that applies to both parties speeding, and to what extent. The intention of the law ironically was to curtail road rage. She could easily talk her way out of that charge though. She could indicate that she was fixing to turn left...or that she was passing cars on the right, as is evident in the video.

She didnt leave the scene of an accident, and even if so that law is for people INVOLVED in the accident. He lost control of his vehicle, therefore the cause is his own. It was a single car accident, so she didnt have to stay.

Here in FL we have a HUGE problem with these big truck drivers being aggressive. Being in the South a lot of people drive these trucks because they think its cool. However as mentioned before they are overly aggressive and cause many accidents. She was putting him in his place. Believe it or not if she would have slammed on her brakes and he rear ended her, he would have gotten the ticket for the wreck here in FL.
I live in FL too and have for most of my 47 years and I see far more youngsters in rice burners and women driving aggressively and tailgating.

Quote:
Then she was involved, which contradicts your statement. This is what I mean when I say that people are full of B.S.

The truth is you don't care about what she did, so long as the other guy was in some way "made to learn his lesson." Right?
That's right and his lawyer has stated as much. Truck driver's lawyer says that video doesn't show the whole chain of events.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:13 PM

lol this is awesome. You cant even debate any of the points Im making, you just resort to ad hominums. So pathetic. The cops arent going to arrest her if they dont have anything to arrest her for. They arrested him....because he broke the law. Once again, are you this guys mom?

Old 04-02-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
lol this is awesome. You cant even debate any of the points Im making, you just resort to ad hominums. So pathetic. The cops arent going to arrest her if they dont have anything to arrest her for. They arrested him....because he broke the law. Once again, are you this guys mom?
I like how this guy doesn't even know what an ad hominum is. What a great lawyer!! No wonder his arguments are so sound!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive