Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 08:30 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,126,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
Chrysler was bailed out by Carter, another s#@&head that inhabited the White House. Of course Lee Iacocca was an honorable man, and paid the loan back early. Even the slugs in the UAW made concessions to keep their lazy inept butts working.

I guess your jealous that a UAW member makes more than you. So that's why you bash them. What's wrong mad because the UAW fought for better wages and working conditions. It's easy to bash unions from behind a computer screen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 08:35 PM

774 posts, read 2,602,212 times
Yes they're back. Right back in the crapper where they've always been.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
If Chrysler had been allowed to fail the first time, American industry would have learned that they must excel in the marketplace they operate it. No excuses. GM, Chrysler, etc. would not have spent 20-30 years coasting, relying on loyalty and low fuel prices to keep their sales going.
Why don't you go to Detroit and tell them on how to run there company genius.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:47 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,176,333 times
Give the rubes some free money and they'll buy whatever dross is one the market. About the only GM I might consider is the Cruze diesel and good luck finding one. There are whole bunch of people who will buy GM no matter what, same with Ford, same with Chrysler, brand loyalty is a concept I have never understood.

Imagine how much farther GM would be ahead if they built vehicles that could stand on their own without the blind brand loyalty. They have the resources to build world class cars, if only the bean counters would let them.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:22 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Why don't you go to Detroit and tell them on how to run there company genius.

You know... No. It's too easy.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:33 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
GM is claiming best sales quarter since 2005. Toyota, and VW are still ahead. Is this good news for GM, or just a recovering world economy?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gm-say...192711004.html
It's the government buying up GM cars so that their investment will look like it paid off.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:51 AM

1,710 posts, read 4,134,615 times
>>>>I guess your jealous that a UAW member makes more than you. So that's why you bash them. What's wrong mad because the UAW fought for better wages and working conditions. It's easy to bash unions from behind a computer screen.<<<<<<

>>>>>>Why don't you go to Detroit and tell them on how to run there company genius.<<<<<<<

It's easy to tell both these posts were written by union men. They must have been picketing when they should have been in English grammar class.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
>>>>I guess your jealous that a UAW member makes more than you. So that's why you bash them. What's wrong mad because the UAW fought for better wages and working conditions. It's easy to bash unions from behind a computer screen.<<<<<<

>>>>>>Why don't you go to Detroit and tell them on how to run there company genius.<<<<<<<

It's easy to tell both these posts were written by union men. They must have been picketing when they should have been in English grammar class.
Hell yes I'm a proud former UAW member. Sorry that you were not but that's ok. While the UAW negotiated the 30 and out to retire. I guess you have to work till age 67. While us UAW members can retire with full bennifit's after working 30 yrs. let's see my buddy was 55 when he retired from Chrysler with a full pension and paid medical for life. Oh and he received a $25,000 voucher to be used to buy any Chrysler product. So I guess the UAW in not that bad after all. I guess you will never have that privilege will you.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:39 AM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Hell yes I'm a proud former UAW member. Sorry that you were not but that's ok. While the UAW negotiated the 30 and out to retire. I guess you have to work till age 67. While us UAW members can retire with full bennifit's after working 30 yrs. let's see my buddy was 55 when he retired from Chrysler with a full pension and paid medical for life. Oh and he received a $25,000 voucher to be used to buy any Chrysler product. So I guess the UAW in not that bad after all. I guess you will never have that privilege will you.
Is this the root of all the auto financial problems? Since I own my own company, I can pick what day I want to retire.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:40 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
Whether GM will survive in the long term is questionable...I personally doubt it, simply because they have a sort of collapse mentality engrained in their culture.

Regardless, you have to admire their ability to take a customer who comes in because his car has been recalled and turn that customer into a buyer of a new vehicle. That is where the sales 'pop' came from.

Walk in the door pizzed; walk out the door with a new buggy and four more years of car payments. That is a pretty good sales job IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive