Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 10:02 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
Update:
Had my appeal. Requested for the jury request to be withdrawn since i didn't know initially that there would be a cost associated with it. (thanks to someone for pointing that our in this thread. i guess some good came from having this thread...and it wasn't just having to deal with a bunch of bozos! )

Anyway, the judge agreed to hear my case right then and there as opposed to rescheduling.

Guess what?

"The law is ambiguous and does not pertain to texting via voice, which in itself does NOT qualify as a 'manual' process;" this is stated clearly in the letter of the law!

So, i guess some of the bozos here need to reevaluate their understanding of the 'law'!

As mentioned before (several times?), texting and driving is dangerous and i have stopped completely (even with the handsfree app!) because i do see the importance of being safe for your sake and others. This case/thread was about the law, and most of you bozos failed to understand that...and for that you should apologize! (bozos never admit fault though...so no worries! )

Anyway.....Thanks for those who understood the law, even if they disagreed with it!
for the others on here who qualify as bozos, i say: Thanks for playing!
So....did you actually win the appeal? You haven't specifically said.

You seem to be quoting the judge, but I can see where he might say that and then rule against you in the appeal. It's just strange to me that you have not clearly said you won the appeal, yet you have suggested it.

And yes. . . I've read every post in this thread, because I found it interesting.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:10 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,294,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
So....did you actually win the appeal? You haven't specifically said.

You seem to be quoting the judge, but I can see where he might say that and then rule against you in the appeal. It's just strange to me that you have not clearly said you won the appeal, yet you have suggested it.

And yes. . . I've read every post in this thread, because I found it interesting.
Yes, the appeal was won.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-29-2014 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 08-15-2014, 07:53 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,923,904 times
Quote:
....and what's wrong with what i wrote?
Let's just say if you "work with the courts", you'r a construction worker in the back of the courthouse at best!
Let me make sure I got this right.

Quote:
Update:
Had my appeal. Requested for the jury request to be withdrawn since i didn't know initially that there would be a cost associated with it. (thanks to someone for pointing that our in this thread. i guess some good came from having this thread...and it wasn't just having to deal with a bunch of bozos! )

Anyway, the judge agreed to hear my case right then and there as opposed to rescheduling.
So you showed up in court the day of your hearing and you told them you changed your mind about having a jury. Astonishly enough, the Judge agreed to your term and proceeded with the case and not only that, ruled in your favor! Everything worked in your favor.

Have you even been in a court room? Courts don't work that way.

BTW.. construction worker? I wished.. I am just the landscaper and nothing wrong with either of those profession.

Last edited by sj08054; 08-15-2014 at 08:45 AM..

Old 08-15-2014, 08:59 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,280,752 times
Quote:
...texting and driving is dangerous and i have stopped completely (even with the handsfree app!) because i do see the importance of being safe for your sake and others...
Thank you for posting that!

Of course it is for your safety too. I'm tired of seeing young people die needlessly in silly car crashes which could have been avoided.

Anyway your post gives me hope that other young people will eventually "see the light" and drive more responsibly. (And I will have less nasty stuff to read about in the newspaper!)

Old 08-15-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
Let me make sure I got this right.

So you showed up in court the day of your hearing and you told them you changed your mind about having a jury. Astonishly enough, the Judge agreed to your term and proceeded with the case and not only that, ruled in your favor! Everything worked in your favor.

Have you even been in a court room? Courts don't work that way.

BTW.. construction worker? I wished.. I am just the landscaper and nothing wrong with either of those profession.

Well, if you were not judgmental like you are, you would ask for clarification and i would have gladly provided it. I had initially requested a jury trial. I found out when i got to court that the session was simply to 'set a date' for the trial. When the judge asked to confirm the jury trial and set a date, i told the judge that i would like to withdraw the jury, and i thought my case was going to be heard today (as i've never gone through this process before, etc.). I told the judge that I was ready for him to hear the appeal case if he so wished. He asked weather the witness (ie. cop) was available; to which the prosecutor said yes. the cop stepped up and the case was heard then and there.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:14 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
How did it go in court? Today's the day isn't it?

Old 08-15-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
How did it go in court? Today's the day isn't it?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/36082652-post234.html

Old 08-15-2014, 12:30 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,236,028 times
Quote:
Why would i lie and say i had a jury trial when i didn't.
Because you are posting on the internet. Have you ever posted on any other forum before? Posts like yours happen all the time. Guy posts a thread, every one calls him out on it, then he comes back "victorious".

Old 08-15-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Well, if you were not judgmental like you are, you would ask for clarification and i would have gladly provided it. I had initially requested a jury trial. I found out when i got to court that the session was simply to 'set a date' for the trial. When the judge asked to confirm the jury trial and set a date, i told the judge that i would like to withdraw the jury, and i thought my case was going to be heard today (as i've never gone through this process before, etc.). I told the judge that I was ready for him to hear the appeal case if he so wished. He asked weather the witness (ie. cop) was available; to which the prosecutor said yes. the cop stepped up and the case was heard then and there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Because you are posting on the internet. Have you ever posted on any other forum before? Posts like yours happen all the time. Guy posts a thread, every one calls him out on it, then he comes back "victorious".
Think however you want. I don't care.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:55 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
I'm shaking my head thinking, "how in the world did I miss that post" It must have somehow skipped it when I clicked the new post button. Whatever. Thanks for the update!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive