Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 04:18 PM

182 posts, read 264,115 times

Advertisements

I've been looking at Tahoe/Yukons and Expeditions and was wondering if anyone knows why Dodge doesn't try to get a piece of the full size SUV market.

My Brother has a loaded Ram Laramie with all the bells and whistles and it would be a wonderful starting point for an SUV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 04:36 PM

656 posts, read 1,340,540 times
They made one on the face lifted Ram platform in the mid-1990s.... for the Mexican market. Didn't meet US FMVSS requirements. Two-door full size SUVs just fell out of favor. The Bronco got phased out for the Expedition, the two-door Tahoe got the Axe, and it's most likely that Chrysler decided to let the SUV market be primarily the domain of Jeep, and they probably didn't want to develop another SUV to compete with an equivalent Chrysler Group product already on the market (the Grand Cherokee). Had the demand for such a vehicle existed, then the vehicle would exist. So, topping everything else, there just wasn't enough demand.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:09 PM

226 posts, read 319,565 times
They used to make one. It was one of my favorites along with the Bronco and fullsize 2 door Blazer.

MARKED FOR DEATH Mall Scene - YouTube

Old 09-10-2014, 05:12 PM

^^^^^^

http://pics.imcdb.org/5931/pdvd_667.jpg

http://pics.imcdb.org/5931/pdvd_670.3.jpg

Old 09-10-2014, 08:23 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,122,758 times
I worked at Chryslers warren truck assembly back in the late 70's and we made the Ramcharger and the Trailduster, along with the Powerwagon, and the crew cab, and extended cab. And the little red truck, and the warlock, along with the regular cab pickup truck. They will never make a full size Ramcharger again because they have the jeep. Remember they had the aspen a couple yrs ago to compete with the the escalade and navigator. Did not sell that we'll and stoped making them a couple yrs ago.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:19 PM

182 posts, read 264,115 times
Well I was thinking of a more modern 4-door full size SUV based on the Ram. I see so many brand new full size SUV's that you'd think Dodge would want part of that market. What Jeep SUV is full size? I thought they discontinued the Commander.

Funny story, though. I was at a Chevy dealership and overheard this fat trashy lady ask what the difference was between a Suburban and a "Toe-Ha."

Old 09-10-2014, 09:33 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,386,038 times
A Ram-based full sized SUV would be awesome. The last-gen Durango and Aspen were based on the Dakota.

I would like to see a Grand Wagoneer with the 3.0L diesel, 5.7L Hemi, 6.2L Hemi or Hellcat SRT.

It probably wouldn't be that expensive for Chrysler to do and it would be awesome.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman Jason View Post
Well I was thinking of a more modern 4-door full size SUV based on the Ram. I see so many brand new full size SUV's that you'd think Dodge would want part of that market. What Jeep SUV is full size? I thought they discontinued the Commander.

Funny story, though. I was at a Chevy dealership and overheard this fat trashy lady ask what the difference was between a Suburban and a "Toe-Ha."
Those old ones are badass. My buddy who is the Mopar freak of the bunch love 'em too. Should get an old one and work it over. If you ever saw that movie, they beat the crap out of it and it still kept running. The old Broncos and Blazers were tough as nails back then too. It's a real mans SUV........

Honda makes nothing close!

Old 09-10-2014, 09:39 PM

Damn, forgot about this badass '83 too!!

Lone Wolf McQuade (Best Scene) - YouTube

Old 09-11-2014, 02:02 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
A Ram-based full sized SUV would be awesome. The last-gen Durango and Aspen were based on the Dakota.

I would like to see a Grand Wagoneer with the 3.0L diesel, 5.7L Hemi, 6.2L Hemi or Hellcat SRT.

It probably wouldn't be that expensive for Chrysler to do and it would be awesome.
Naw, they would **** it up like they did the grand cherekee- take that **** back to outerspace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram