Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 04:45 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Why, Dodges are the only non 1ton trucks that come with them has they all should be unless 2wd.Matter of fact give all 2wd trucks beam axles, get a minivan if you want a "good" ride.
Well, they also went to coil spring rears, so apparently they are concerned about a "good ride."

I'm just saying, if you want to thing to have a chance at selling it will need to appeal to women and have the most rugged hardware underneath for off road manliness might not be the way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 04:52 PM

226 posts, read 319,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Well, they also went to coil spring rears, so apparently they are concerned about a "good ride."

I'm just saying, if you want to thing to have a chance at selling it will need to appeal to women and have the most rugged hardware underneath for off road manliness might not be the way to go.
I can't see women buying something like that. See my earlier examples. SUVs like those/these are real mans trucks. Notice I said "truck"...not "car" or wanna-be.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:01 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
I really like my '05 Durango LT with 5.7L Hemi, AWD. The size is right for me, the interior is just the right size (2nd and 3rd rows lay flat for stuff), and I've never been stuck in mud or in snow. It has just under 110K miles right now.

I've looked at maybe replacing it -- but the '14 Durango feels too small for me, and doesn't seem to have the same ground clearance. Does the new Durango share a platform with the new Jeep?

The Suburban is a bit big, and the 2nd & 3rd row don't really lay flat (although I'm told the 3rd row will do so beginning in '15). The Expedition XL seems, well, pretty much like a 10 year old SUV with cosmetic changes being sold as a new SUV.

Given MSRP of the full size Suburban & Expedition, and the Land Cruiser, it seems to me like there is plenty of profit to attract Dodge. I mean seriously - $65 to $85K for a full sized SUV?

Maybe I'll just have to keep my 05 until the wheels fall off.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:11 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I really like my '05 Durango LT with 5.7L Hemi, AWD. The size is right for me, the interior is just the right size (2nd and 3rd rows lay flat for stuff), and I've never been stuck in mud or in snow. It has just under 110K miles right now.

I've looked at maybe replacing it -- but the '14 Durango feels too small for me, and doesn't seem to have the same ground clearance. Does the new Durango share a platform with the new Jeep?

The Suburban is a bit big, and the 2nd & 3rd row don't really lay flat (although I'm told the 3rd row will do so beginning in '15). The Expedition XL seems, well, pretty much like a 10 year old SUV with cosmetic changes being sold as a new SUV.

Given MSRP of the full size Suburban & Expedition, and the Land Cruiser, it seems to me like there is plenty of profit to attract Dodge. I mean seriously - $65 to $85K for a full sized SUV?

Maybe I'll just have to keep my 05 until the wheels fall off.
Hmm have you looked at the Yukon/Tahoe or the standard size Ford Expedition?

Old 09-11-2014, 05:33 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hickory View Post
Ford Super Duty 4x4 still have them even in the F-250. The 2WD does not. 2015
Super duties are 1tons, 250's are 1/4 ton trucks, and I was sure the did not.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:49 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hickory View Post
I can't see women buying something like that. See my earlier examples. SUVs like those/these are real mans trucks. Notice I said "truck"...not "car" or wanna-be.
Then it is doomed. No automaker is foolish enough to develop a vehicle without researching how it will appeal to women. With that said, plenty of women like manly looking vehicles, but it can't be harshed and unrefined just so it can be capable. The 2 door Bronco, Ramcharger and Yukon/K Blazer are dead and not coming back. I was thinking people realized that and were hoping for a Ram equivalent of the Tahoe and Suburban

Quote:
250s are 3/4 ton.

Old 09-11-2014, 06:03 PM

226 posts, read 319,873 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Then it is doomed. No automaker is foolish enough to develop a vehicle without researching how it will appeal to women. With that said, plenty of women like manly looking vehicles, but it can't be harshed and unrefined just so it can be capable. The 2 door Bronco, Ramcharger and Yukon/K Blazer are dead and not coming back. I was thinking people realized that and were hoping for a Ram equivalent of the Tahoe and Suburban

250s are 3/4 ton.
Heck no, I would want it with carpet delete even just like my '02 F-250 Super Duty. It goes places city slicker trucks will never be. Best use is at the lake and on boat ramps. All that mud, sand and gravel ends up on your rubber floor, not carpet. At least Class 3/4 hitch, all steel bumpers and a full frame. A V-8 is almost a must as well as a suspension you could at least get some 31's under.....33's all terrain would be even better.

Goodyear "DuraTrac" - YouTube

Why would they waste their time producing yet another chick rig? They have countless other options already as it is. This needs to be a MANS truck for guys who still want and need the REAL thing!!

Old 09-11-2014, 06:06 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Maybe it's not a GRAND cherekee, but the one with the tiny alien looking slit headlights- I don't approve of that street mannered one you posted either. The wranglers are the last real jeeps.

Yeah, you're talking about the abomination they've labelled Cherokee. I wish they would have just let the name die with honour and dignity.

The GC can still go off road like nobody's business. It's just that not many people are willing to scratch them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RZlCjil4vM

But yes, Wrangler is king.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:19 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,391,147 times
Quote:
Naw, they would **** it up like they did the grand cherekee- take that **** back to outerspace.
The GRAND Cherokee is a very nice vehicle, as others have mentioned. In top trims, it's pretty much an American version of the Range Rover that actually works.

The CHEROKEE is the one with the tiny headlights. I'm not the biggest fan of it either, but they are selling in droves so to the market it is by no means screwed up.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:25 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,444,149 times
Quote:
Why, Dodges are the only non 1ton trucks that come with them has they all should be unless 2wd.Matter of fact give all 2wd trucks beam axles, get a minivan if you want a "good" ride.
Ever drive a solid front axle vehicle on a beat up old road or a washboarded gravel road? It sucks! My Cherokee always felt like it was rattling apart on bad roads
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram