Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 04:33 PM

3,380 posts, read 9,226,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Hilarious how the guy happens to have a gun and shoots said person. It's right out of the movies.
Any time you are in a conflict you should assume the other person is armed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 05:46 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,350,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
If at any point I felt unsafe I would have pulled over to the side of the road. I did not feel unsafe.
If your first post was an accurate retelling of events and you still never felt unsafe, I would suggest fine-tuning your situational awareness.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:56 PM

14,270 posts, read 14,808,404 times
He was being passive-aggressive as I often do myself. I often reach around and scratch the back of my head or stretch as in this is boring. They can see you doing it so it pi$$e$ them off more. One other thing to do is turn windshield washers on. It will often skip over and get on their windshield. This really pi$$e$ them off more.

Now that is how to be passive-aggressive..LOL

Old 10-17-2014, 06:21 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,136,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
He was being passive-aggressive as I often do myself. I often reach around and scratch the back of my head or stretch as in this is boring. They can see you doing it so it pi$$e$ them off more. One other thing to do is turn windshield washers on. It will often skip over and get on their windshield. This really pi$$e$ them off more.

Now that is how to be passive-aggressive..LOL
And how to be immature.

Life without parole for loud-music murderer in Florida - CNN.com

The next person you antagonize could pull a gun like this guy did and kill you, all because you're an immature driver. Hope you're ready to deal with the consequences someday.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:53 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,997,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
The next person you antagonize could pull a gun like this guy did and kill you, all because you're an immature driver. Hope you're ready to deal with the consequences someday.
So in other words, you should always cower in fear and defer when another person acts aggressively in any situation because they might have a gun?

Old 10-17-2014, 07:58 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,089,585 times
Definitely not cool.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
So in other words, you should always cower in fear and defer when another person acts aggressively in any situation because they might have a gun?
You said your self you were being passive in this situation. You were never in the position of power in this situation. The guy behind you had all the options and yours were limited. You had to actually divert your attention to mess with him. He did not...he had you in his sight the whole time.

There is a reason when two fighter jets go at it....the winner is always behind his enemy. Which is why I like to pull over and fall in right behind them. You screwed with this guy and put yourself in the vulnerable position of being in front of him.

In today's society making the choice NOT to roll the dice with an unknown person (Screwing with them) is not cowering in fear....it is called common sense. While you were off in your own world jamming to the Allman Brothers while messing with him...he might be in his own world about to melt down and take you with him.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
If I had pulled over onto the shoulder (which there wasn't much of for most of the way)

Quote:
The road is wider at this point, there is an ample shoulder
Quote:
and let the guy by he would simply have run up the rearend of the car that was about 5 car lengths in front of me.
Putting your own safety first should be pretty high on the list. If you that worried about the others around you a call to 911 would be a good idea.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:04 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,136,404 times
Quote:

In other words, you should eventually grow up and learn what's important in life. Antagonizing someone tailgating you for "fun" is idiotic.

You're definitely not in your 30's. Seem more like a 16 year old punk kid.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:58 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,671,417 times
Quote:

I will admit, I thoroughly enjoyed how frustrated this person got simply because I chose not to drive like a maniac, but I still feel guilty because of it. Should I?
I don't see why. You were obeying the traffic laws and not doing anything reckless. Jeep guy was the problem, not you. If it were me, I'd pull off to the shoulder and let him by, because I prefer to have crazies like that off in front of me rather than right on my tail. But obviously, you were under no obligation to do so, and as you say, he could have passed if he really had wanted to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive