Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 12:38 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times

Advertisements

My GTI is BRIGHT ORANGE and I love it.

gti fahrenheit - Bing Images

however, it is not a cheater car - if you have something to hide, better get a car that blends in.

I love it that everybody always runs into me or waves cuz they see me from far away. It is a special edition, only 1,200 have been built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 12:39 PM

104 posts, read 139,148 times
Interesting posts in this thread. I was considering going black for my next car but will have to reconsider.

For the most part color doesn't matter to me, I'm a numbers man and prefer those to be in place before any concern of appearance. It depends I suppose, some colors just don't work on some cars. Orange or puke green... ehhhh. I like dark green though.

I've owned three cars. The first was a plumb/dark purple color, the second was grey/bronze, the current one is medium blue. All three were fine.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:41 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
I do love this shade of green.

Old 11-14-2014, 01:14 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
Depends on the car - I have an alpine white BMW, the most beautiful white out there. Classy and sporty at the same time. Can't say the same for other whites. I had an iron gray SUV before that in my teen years and it meant rugged which was what I had wanted.

Puke green? Not even for cheaper.

Old 11-14-2014, 01:15 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Color doesn't signify when I'm buying a vehicle. I prefer green though My last truck was a rather garish purple. My Subaru is a shade between maroon and red.

I did consider a Dodge Ram that was at the same lot instead of the Subaru, but it was bright candy red. It wasn't at all the deciding factor in my purchase, but I didn't like the color. I thought it was pretty hideous. When I don't like the color of a vehicle I'm buying, I usually just embrace it out of perverseness.

Old 11-14-2014, 01:39 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times
I just drive whatever shows up in the driveway. It's just tramsportation and as long as it runs and most things on it work, it's good enough.

There was a green car that I had once way back when, it was a terrible color and very boring, but I taped off the sides and painted them a darker green with a tiny bit of pinstripe around it and it improved it to no end. But, that's back before car paint got all that fancy. Hmm, then there was that pick up truck that was improved with a can of paint and a roller.....

Old 11-14-2014, 01:41 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,873,925 times
I prefer a darker red car if possible, but the last car I bought was used and I ended up with dark blue, which is my second favorite color. That color green on the Lexus is not bad, and if it met all of my other requirements, on a used car I don't mind considering other colors to save some more money. But if I'm buying new, I would want the color I really want and would wait for it.

If I found a car in this color though, I would have to really think about it. It is unusual and rare. The color name is "Envy". LOL!

Old 11-14-2014, 02:31 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,224,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
The most beautiful white out there.
Please tell me this is a joke, I got a laugh nonetheless.

Old 11-14-2014, 03:25 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
White cars are horrible in snowy conditions. You have a very hard time seeing them in rainy conditions as well. White isn't popular around here for those reasons.

Only had a white car once. Never again. The thing looked dirty coming out of the car wash! Impossible to keep clean.

No one has trouble seeing black vehicles where I live. I drive a Durango so if you cut me off and there's not enough time for me to slow down because you're blind, then you're going to gave a huge problem.
I agree. I've had white and black cars and black cars keep the clean look a lot longer than white cars, in my experience. The ONE white car I had was at the car wash much more often that I preferred, and I just think black cars look more sleek and sporty. As for the silver thing, I have heard that other drivers don't see silver cars as readily as black or red cars, so they get hit more frequently. I've had two silver cars, three black cars, one blue car, and one white car, and black seems to be the best all the way around. And despite the fact that I live in TX, I have never had a problem keeping my black cars cool. I use one of those $10 windshield sunshades, and that makes so much difference. Spending 30 seconds of my time putting it on when I go into a building reduces the temperature in my car by probably 40 degrees in the summer. Yet hardly any of my fellow Texans use them. I really don't understand that

Old 11-14-2014, 03:50 PM

675 posts, read 1,415,027 times
Color is pretty important to me because it's the biggest part of the visual.
Personally tend to lean towards the more uncommon colors. Just sold my eclipse that was 'sunset pearlescent' (aka metallic orange). I really liked that color. My current ride is commonly found in white/black/red, but I'm not a huge fan of those 'plain' colors... (and black is a no-go for me in the desert)... so I got "aqua blue metallic" which is pretty sweet looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive