Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 08:29 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,079,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Well, obviously you haven’t driven in very many places then. I hate them, but right side HOV lanes are common all over the country.
You better post up more if you're gonna try and tell me where I have and haven't been.

"all over the country". Ill call bullcrap till you can prove that.. You posted one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
That would make sense only if you had separate roads for each category of drivers. Do you really want 100 MPH certified drivers on the same roads with 60 MPH certified drivers?

Pretty sure they're already drivers paying $1,000 or more for the "privilege" of speeding.
Yeah, I get it, but where I'm at, its not that uncommon to have someone flying past me when I'm already doing just under 80 (along with many others) in a 55/65. The problem I have is there usually in a 20 yr old econobox that's being pushed close to its limit. Anyone who has driven a better than average sports car, or a liter or larger sport bike knows doing even 100 is absolutely no problem, and nowhere near the vehicle's maximum capabilities. I don't think you need a separate road, I still standby the biggest problem would be educating the rest of the drivers and the self-appointed road police. I always put forth my full effort when behind the wheel. I'm still waiting for them to ban texting, non-hands free phones, slow pokes, and the selfish inconsiderate ones who just go straight for the left lane because its usually clear, not because they are trying to get there speed up. If they did this, I hope they would increase the ticket amount for those offenses, and make speeding such a ridiculously high fine that it would just make sense to do it legally first and not worth risking it. (sure is a lot of what-ifs though).

Old 07-12-2016, 03:28 PM

15,436 posts, read 25,829,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
You better post up more if you're gonna try and tell me where I have and haven't been.

"all over the country". Ill call bullcrap till you can prove that.. You posted one.
He won't back it up. You just have to take his word for it. Been there, done that and got nothing.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:43 PM

26,194 posts, read 21,605,372 times
Quote:
I've never driven in the northeast. In the Southwest, the HOV lanes are only on the left side.

Still not sure what the problem is if the HOV lane is a dedicated lane, Is it ALWAYS the hov lane? Anywhere around here its only the HOV lane during rush hour (6-9am & 3-7pm M-F only). Other than that is a normal lane.
In downtown Houston they have the hov lanes on the right side and I think around the medical center. Once you move to freeway/highway they are left lanes

Old 07-12-2016, 05:39 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,036,240 times
Quote:

How many do I have to post? Now you are just make yourself look silly.

Last edited by KaaBoom; 07-12-2016 at 05:49 PM..

Old 07-12-2016, 05:55 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,247,467 times
I always wondered what the point was of making cars that can go double the speed limits. My car is "electronically limited" to 137 mph.... it could probably go about 150 without that... but where can I ever drive it that fast?

I've taken it up to about 130mph ONE time in 7 years of ownership, when I was driving through middle-of-nowhere New Mexico and the road was straight & empty as far as the eye could see.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
I always wondered what the point was of making cars that can go double the speed limits. My car is "electronically limited" to 137 mph.... it could probably go about 150 without that... but where can I ever drive it that fast?
Theoretically you could legally drive that fast on your own private road, or on a race track. It’s not the manufacturer’s responsibility, to restrict what you can or can’t do with your own car.

Also in the past there have been many roads in the US that did not have speed limits. So there is some historical precedent for being able to drive at what ever speed your car will allow.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
How many do I have to post? Now you are just make yourself look silly.

Looks like one maybe two areas to me. That sure as hell isn't all over the country. I don't feel silly. I do think you must have nothing better to do with your life then search for pictures on google and be condescending about it. Do you even have any clue where those pictures are from, or better yet WHEN??? Did you even bother to notice that your first two pictures don't even have a car made in the last 25 years??? You didn't prove anything, and only made it look worse. I'm certainly not bothered by anything YOU have to say.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Looks like one maybe two areas to me. That sure as hell isn't all over the country. I don't feel silly. I do think you must have nothing better to do with your life then search for pictures on google and be condescending about it. Do you even have any clue where those pictures are from, or better yet WHEN??? Did you even bother to notice that your first two pictures don't even have a car made in the last 25 years??? You didn't prove anything, and only made it look worse. I'm certainly not bothered by anything YOU have to say.
So now you are taking issue with the dates of the photos? Are there any other irrelevant reasons you can think of to reject the evidence? Seattle, San Jose, and as somebody else pointed out Houston have right side HOV lanes. So that is at least three cities. I’m pretty sure that I could find a lot more if I wanted to waste enough time on it. But I think you should educate yourself on the matter.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
So now you are taking issue with the dates of the photos? Are there any other irrelevant reasons you can think of to reject the evidence? Seattle, San Jose, and as somebody else pointed out Houston have right side HOV lanes. So that is at least three cities. I’m pretty sure that I could find a lot more if I wanted to waste enough time on it. But I think you should educate yourself on the matter.
Of course YOU don't want to bring up how old the photos are Does that mean I can't say there are no more wagon trails either. So you think were up to three, one of your two is from the 90s, and now you think you've confirmed that that means "all over the country?" Maybe you should go back and read and educate yourself on what I said.

Here you go, now you don't have to search to feel good about yourself.
Does Anyone Feel Speed Limits Are Too Low?

Not only did I say I haven't driven all over the country, nor was I talking about all over the country, but then you had the nerve to make a completely ignorant and disrespectful comment that frankly didn't have anything to do with what I said. I could make a list of what I think you need to go learn, but you definitely are not worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive