Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 10:05 AM

2 posts, read 2,095 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a sedan, crossover or SUV that meets the following criteria (listed in order of importance). Please help me find it.

I am looking to spend less than 40k out the door (MSRP could be well above that).

MUST HAVES:

1. Excellent acceleration (no pickup lag or jerky transmission)
2. Excellent handling (this may exclude all Asian cars...)
3. Excellent stereo (at least 400 watts, at least 9 speakers) and acoustics (I have done aftermarket stereos before and I honestly no longer want to deal with that hassle)
4. Sun/moonroof
5. Backup camera
6. Leather
7. Large infotainment display

OPTIONAL (in other words, I would be willing to pay above 40k if the following were available):

8. Lumbar support
9. Heated seats
10. Power trunk/tailgate door
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 10:12 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,102,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxcarseeker View Post
I am looking for a sedan, crossover or SUV that meets the following criteria (listed in order of importance). Please help me find it.

I am looking to spend less than 40k out the door (MSRP could be well above that).

MUST HAVES:

3. Excellent stereo (at least 400 watts, at least 9 speakers) and acoustics (I have done aftermarket stereos before and I honestly no longer want to deal with that hassle)
4. Sun/moonroof
5. Backup camera
6. Leather

OPTIONAL (in other words, I would be willing to pay above 40k if the following were available):

8. Lumbar support
9. Heated seats
Have you looked at a Jeep Wrangler Sahara with the hardtop option? The only thing it may lack on the stock model is a 9 speaker audio system, but there could be an option to upgrade. The standard audio system has 6 speakers. The Jeep has a standard 285 HP V6 Pentastar engine, handling is great, it is off-road capable, has a sunroof (as well as being fully convertible - the roof and doors come off as well), a large infotainment display, and a backup camera is an option (IIRC).

Old 11-30-2015, 11:16 AM

816 posts, read 995,839 times
Quote:

MUST HAVES:

4. Sun/moonroof
5. Backup camera
6. Leather

8. Lumbar support
9. Heated seats
The 2016 Honda Accord Touring model (V6) has all of your must haves, and even the optional. You could probably walk out the door with one for a tad under 35K too. Any one of the German sedans will be well over 40K with the same options.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:30 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Quote:

MUST HAVES:

4. Sun/moonroof
5. Backup camera
6. Leather

8. Lumbar support
9. Heated seats

I think you need to narrow down your choices there to at least the type

Old 11-30-2015, 11:39 AM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
Ford Explorer can be bought with the criteria OP wants.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:41 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,243,006 times
Ford Escape Titanium with the 2.0 Turbo (231 hp) meets all of your requirements at about $32,000.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:51 AM

772 posts, read 937,052 times
Quote:

MUST HAVES:

4. Sun/moonroof
5. Backup camera
6. Leather

8. Lumbar support
9. Heated seats
Mmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Have you looked at a Jeep Wrangler Sahara with the hardtop option? The Jeep has a standard 285 HP V6 Pentastar engine, handling is great, it is off-road capable,
You're probably the only person on earth who would suggest a Jeep Wrangler to satify someone who wants excellent acceleration and handling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
The 2016 Honda Accord Touring model (V6) has all of your must haves,
And this post just made me snicker, then laugh. This is why the vast majority of cars today on the road are so boring. If you think an Accord has excellent acceleration and handling, you're not making manufacturers set the bar very high with this nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I think you need to narrow down your choices there to at least the type
Agreed. Finally a note of wisdom in a response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Ford Explorer can be bought with the criteria OP wants.
I don't know whether this is a worse suggestion than the Jeep Wrangler or not. Either way, it's a ludicrous one. Show me a Ford Explorer that has excellent handling and acceleration, and I'll show you a Ford GT that had an Explorer badge put on it as a joke.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:43 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,766,031 times
My first thought is a BMW X3, but I don't think that hits the desired price point. The under $40,000 out the door is going to make it tricky.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:56 PM

19,044 posts, read 27,620,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasCrown View Post
Mmmm...

You're probably the only person on earth who would suggest a Jeep Wrangler to satify someone who wants excellent acceleration and handling.

And this post just made me snicker, then laugh. This is why the vast majority of cars today on the road are so boring. If you think an Accord has excellent acceleration and handling, you're not making manufacturers set the bar very high with this nonsense.

I don't know whether this is a worse suggestion than the Jeep Wrangler or not. Either way, it's a ludicrous one. Show me a Ford Explorer that has excellent handling and acceleration, and I'll show you a Ford GT that had an Explorer badge put on it as a joke.

How nice. Here comes a wise man, who bashes everyone's post - and does not make a single wise suggestion relevant to what was asked.
Way to go.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:59 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,826,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasCrown View Post
Mmmm...

The new ones, they do have good accelleration, other than that, I think their crap. Actually in my line of work, I hate just about every new car, and everything about them, except when the xm, or sirius works. Even the Flex, and Edge has good accelleration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive