Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 02:36 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,881,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
This is why I drive a convertible. Just jump in without opening the door.

If I were you I would just leave a note on their car saying, "sorry I left a bad scratch on your car" and watch them take laps around their car trying to find a scratch without ever finding one.
Your real name wouldn't happen to be Bo or Luke would it?

Last edited by Keim; 05-13-2016 at 02:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 02:43 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,041,572 times
Personality subgroup: doesn't understand how to use a parking space.

Old 05-13-2016, 02:47 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
There are security cameras everywhere--sometimes even on-board vehicles looking at all 4 sides of a vehicle. As good as it might feel to do what you suggest, these days, I'd be afraid to get caught on surveillance video. The cops would still likely side with the idiot who parked you in.

I'd consider a potato in the exhaust if you had confidence in not being photographed doing it.
[que eddy murphy voice] i aint fallin for no potato in the tail pipe!

Old 05-13-2016, 02:56 PM

78,545 posts, read 60,737,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So there is only one door on the vehicle you drove today? Honestly, you chose not to use an alternative to get into your vehicle after knowing the owner was not going to move their vehicle so you chose to wait 10 minutes.
That means you have no reason to complain.
I have a sports car that would be VERY difficult to crawl into the drivers seat from the passengers seat.

Just sharing my experience so that you understand that it may not be a great option for the OP especially if they are older, have a bum knee etc etc.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:14 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,251,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
This is why I drive a convertible. Just jump in without opening the door.

If I were you I would just leave a note on their car saying, "sorry I left a bad scratch on your car" and watch them take laps around their car trying to find a scratch without ever finding one.
But what if they find one? And your confession is in writing...

Old 05-13-2016, 03:19 PM

15,150 posts, read 27,826,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Just get a LEO friend to give you a few tire deflation replacement spikes and keep them on you. Next time this happens just go up to the vehicle, drop your keys and when retrieving them put a spike or two into the tire thread. Walk away and wait until they come out and start driving away. Watch as their tires deflate, usually as they enter the road, and goes flat. They may never know why, but you will. Revenge is way under rated!
I need to find a LEO friend! LOL - I've had the same happen (and I'm pretty small) when I couldn't get in my car. SUV drivers need to learned how to park/drive (I'm also of the opinion that there should be separate parking slots at the far end of lots since many I encounter don't know how to "stay in the lines"

Old 05-13-2016, 03:22 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,251,497 times
I would've got in my car somehow, double parked directly in front of her SUV, popped the hood, and had "car problems" for about 15 minutes after she came out and was ready to leave. She felt no sense of urgency when you were wanting to go and she was in the store but I'll bet when she is ready to go she will be singing a different tune.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:24 PM

19,147 posts, read 25,371,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
There are security cameras everywhere--sometimes even on-board vehicles looking at all 4 sides of a vehicle. As good as it might feel to do what you suggest, these days, I'd be afraid to get caught on surveillance video. The cops would still likely side with the idiot who parked you in.

I'd consider a potato in the exhaust if you had confidence in not being photographed doing it.

The incident that I referenced took place circa 1998, and I seriously doubt if there were security cameras in the area at that point. Nowadays, I might hesitate to do what I did circa 1998, but--then again--Quien Sabe?

Old 05-13-2016, 03:59 PM

684 posts, read 515,895 times
Another issue I have is that due to zoning all developments need a certain number of parking spaces for each businesses and because the cost of land is so high developers simply make the parking spaces as small as legally possible. They expect large SUVs to be able to park in these small compact car spaces just because the city has approved all the spaces totally the number needed.

@ the OP

It also goes a long way in how you approach the owner of the vehicle. People are less likely to respond to an angry person who is yelling or talking loud as to who the owner of a certain car is unless of course you're trying to get their attention because their car is leaking a lot of gas or is on fire.

I think it would be funny if a person kept a can of white / yellow pray paint in their car so if this happened they simply sprayed a line down the side of the offending car and then left a note telling the owner they crossed the line.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:04 PM

2,464 posts, read 2,488,768 times
Get some Plaster of Paris and mold a supply of fake turds. Paint them brown. Always carry some in the trunk of your car for such occasions. Imaging the video you could had posted had you deposited one of the fake deuces on the woman's hood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive