Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 11:59 PM

44,667 posts, read 61,774,875 times

Advertisements

Calling the police is useless, they don't police private property unless a crime has been committed. Even accidents on pvt ppty police don't come unless there is an injury. The police don't care if you park parallel, take up 2 spaces, cockeyed, upside down or backwards. Ppty owners/landlords are responsible for their parking areas.
Violation of handicapped spaces is a crime, misdemeanor, and usually only a officer comes if someone calls and they have a freed up compliance officer available.
At least in our area this is what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 12:32 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,604,644 times
Reasons like this are why i park pretty far away from the entrance of a store. Im not to lazy to walk like a large portion of society is.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:01 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,870,438 times
I'd have called the police, too. Who knows? Maybe this dame had some outstanding...parking tickets or warrants.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:43 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,165,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
So I stopped at Starbucks on my way to work like usual, come out and this huge suv is parked so far over the line I literally can't get into my car. I'm skinny with a small frame, I've been able to fit before when this once.

So I go into Starbucks and yell out who owns the suv, you're parked so close to me I can't get into my car. Crickets, say it again and woman in line pipes in that it's her car and she'll move it once she's done getting her drink. She hadn't even ordered yet. I told her that was ridiculous and she needed to move her car. She refused, flat out. It took over 10 mins for her to come move her suv.

Honestly, what a witch this woman was, I was so close to making a scene or threatening to call the cops. Idk how someone can be so self-centered.

Anyone ever deal with this before?
I had it happen once and the cops gave the Moron a ticket, because they had parked over the line into the parking space I was occupying. I never asked them to move or anything. Just called to cops and let them give them that little piece of paper as a reminder on (learn how to drive). Boy were they mad as H*** when they walked out as the cop was writing the ticket and I was standing there smiling at them.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:20 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,045,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
I would've whipped out my smartphone camera and given her 10 minutes of YouTube notoriety.
Yes, people tend to act quite differently when a camera (of any sort) is knowingly trained on them.

Really, though, there's a simple solution here: drive-through.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:25 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,045,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I would've got in my car somehow, double parked directly in front of her SUV, popped the hood, and had "car problems" for about 15 minutes after she came out and was ready to leave. She felt no sense of urgency when you were wanting to go and she was in the store but I'll bet when she is ready to go she will be singing a different tune.
Ooooooh, that's pretty smart. I'm going to have to keep that in mind.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:08 AM

15,584 posts, read 7,609,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Unfortunately with all the nuts out there today attacking and shooting people I would wait quietly.
There is no evidence that there are a bunch of folks out there attacking and shooting people for stuff like this. It's a perception fueled by irresponsible news outlets that lead with the 3 violent incidents that occurred in a metro area with 4 million people. Violent crime is down significantly, but everyone thinks it's going up. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...rimemain_final

Old 05-15-2016, 10:09 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,818,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Reasons like this are why i park pretty far away from the entrance of a store. Im not to lazy to walk like a large portion of society is.
I find that when I park far away in a big box store parking lot, when I return I will find that someone decided that they had to park right next to me, despite having plenty of parking spaces elsewhere both closer to the store and farther away in another direction. Do you find this to be the case?

Old 05-15-2016, 10:21 AM

19,166 posts, read 25,424,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
I find that when I park far away in a big box store parking lot, when I return I will find that someone decided that they had to park right next to me, despite having plenty of parking spaces elsewhere both closer to the store and farther away in another direction. Do you find this to be the case?
It has happened on a couple of occasions, but most of the time it appears that people don't want to walk as far as I am willing to walk from my car to the store.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:38 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,604,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
Rarely. A local Walmart people actually make their own parking spaces up next to the building. It's not a designated parking spot it is a driveway for trucks to go through to get to the back of the building. But yet every time i go there is at least 10 cars parked there. People are extremely lazy and entitled these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive