Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 01:52 PM

122 posts, read 98,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post

It took over 10 mins for her to come move her suv.
You got lucky. Someone I know who has to use a wheelchair parked in a disabled spot with the hatched bit for wheelchair users. Went grocery shopping. Came out to find another car parked so badly over the hatched area that she wasn't able to get into her car because there was no room for the wheelchair to turn. Even though she had the store page for the driver, crickets. She ended up waiting an hour for the other driver to come out and move the badly parked car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 03:10 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,530,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yet_another_userid View Post
You got lucky. Someone I know who has to use a wheelchair parked in a disabled spot with the hatched bit for wheelchair users. Went grocery shopping. Came out to find another car parked so badly over the hatched area that she wasn't able to get into her car because there was no room for the wheelchair to turn. Even though she had the store page for the driver, crickets. She ended up waiting an hour for the other driver to come out and move the badly parked car.
Should have called the police for that one. I guess she could have gone back in the store 10min later and had them page that the car was being towed.

Old 05-14-2016, 03:44 PM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
Should have called the police for that one.
Definitely!
Why would somebody NOT call the local constabulary when there is an obvious violation of the handicapped parking statutes?

Old 05-14-2016, 03:45 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I would have stood beside her berating her in line until she moved it.
In a world of unstable/dangerous people, I think that would be the wrong approach to take. I would have, however, called the police. Granted, they probably wouldn't have arrived within the time it took the woman to get her drink, but I wouldn't have done anything else.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:03 PM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
In a world of unstable/dangerous people, I think that would be the wrong approach to take.
...plus, if the Starbucks staff considers that type of behavior to be disruptive, they might...invite...the person doing the loud public berating to NOT enter their store again.

Yes, it is very aggravating to have to deal with self-important people who feel that they can park in whatever haphazard way they might prefer for their own convenience, but when the aggrieved party dissolves into public displays of loud and disruptive behavior, it can have a decidedly...negative...effect.

Think...unintended consequences...

Old 05-14-2016, 04:38 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,784,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
So I stopped at Starbucks on my way to work like usual, come out and this huge suv is parked so far over the line I literally can't get into my car. I'm skinny with a small frame, I've been able to fit before when this once.

So I go into Starbucks and yell out who owns the suv, you're parked so close to me I can't get into my car. Crickets, say it again and woman in line pipes in that it's her car and she'll move it once she's done getting her drink. She hadn't even ordered yet. I told her that was ridiculous and she needed to move her car. She refused, flat out. It took over 10 mins for her to come move her suv.

Honestly, what a witch this woman was, I was so close to making a scene or threatening to call the cops. Idk how someone can be so self-centered.

Anyone ever deal with this before?
I have had that once, I climbed in the other side and then drove off....I didn't rage, scream or curse, wouldn't have helped....

Old 05-14-2016, 04:49 PM

78,375 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
No surprise it was a female driver. Too many of them seem to be awful at parking. Maybe next time if you're looking and find the driver, tell them that their car is being hooked up and being towed away and most likely they will stop whatever they're doing and come out and look and then you get them to move?
Young princess type gals are typically the worst since being rude as a guy can get you punched in the face.

Before anyone yells at me keep in mind that this is a commentary from several of my female friends that grew up in rougher areas and then due to jobs moved to more affluent areas. (One makes around 1/4 mil a year and comments about young princess types in the area she lives in now that need a beat down lol.)

Old 05-14-2016, 09:23 PM

15,430 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Definitely!
Why would somebody NOT call the local constabulary when there is an obvious violation of the handicapped parking statutes?

There are thousands upon thousands of people who think their placard gives them the right to park partially on the stripes. I have never heard of a cop doing anything about it.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:18 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,035 times
Unfortunately with all the nuts out there today attacking and shooting people I would wait quietly.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:23 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
I was just about to start a thread on this subject. I live in an area where a lot of people, many of them retired men and women that live outside of town in a rural area, drive full sized pickup trucks. They park these beasts as close to the grocery store entrance as possible and many times take up about 1 1/2 spaces. Completely clueless.

If you don't know how to drive and park a full sized pickup then don't buy one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same thing in Tucson. I swear there are two oversized pick-ups there (often jacked up, too) for every car — and half the owners don't know how to drive them or park them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive