Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 10:18 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,337,431 times

Advertisements

So I stopped at Starbucks on my way to work like usual, come out and this huge suv is parked so far over the line I literally can't get into my car. I'm skinny with a small frame, I've been able to fit before when this once.

So I go into Starbucks and yell out who owns the suv, you're parked so close to me I can't get into my car. Crickets, say it again and woman in line pipes in that it's her car and she'll move it once she's done getting her drink. She hadn't even ordered yet. I told her that was ridiculous and she needed to move her car. She refused, flat out. It took over 10 mins for her to come move her suv.

Honestly, what a witch this woman was, I was so close to making a scene or threatening to call the cops. Idk how someone can be so self-centered.

Anyone ever deal with this before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 10:27 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,173,406 times
Been there, just the other day. If you are of a criminal bent, you can maliciously damage her car... but that will get you nothing except maybe a bill or a temporary cell.

Not much you can do about it except stew and maybe bawl her out later.

If you complain to the shop owner, I doubt there is much they can do. (It would be nice if the clerks refused to wait on her until she moved her car and then came back - but I doubt that will happen either.) And I don't think cops will make your issues a priority so the culprit will probably be gone before they arrive.

This is just another example of the selfish people you meet in life. (BTW, it is much worse when you have a tiny sports car with long doors and a transmission/tunnel you cannot contort yourself over or around.)

Old 05-13-2016, 10:33 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
yes i have had to deal with it. the last time i hit the minivan hard enough to set off the car alarm, but not hard enough to do any damage. no one responded to the alarm(surprise surprise surprise).

Old 05-13-2016, 10:36 AM

20,770 posts, read 19,995,431 times
Sucks. I never had that but I would cause a scene.

How can you hit a car to get the alarm off but no damage? That sounds like something I would like to do additional to calling out the person.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:02 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Sucks. I never had that but I would cause a scene.

How can you hit a car to get the alarm off but no damage? That sounds like something I would like to do additional to calling out the person.
all you have to do is activate the shock sensor. alarm installers do it all the time to adjust the sensor to make it sensitive enough to trip the alarm when the car is being jostled enough as when a thief is trying to get into the car, but not o sensitive that you have to damage the car to get it to trip.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:07 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,642,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
So I stopped at Starbucks on my way to work like usual, come out and this huge suv is parked so far over the line I literally can't get into my car. I'm skinny with a small frame, I've been able to fit before when this once.

So I go into Starbucks and yell out who owns the suv, you're parked so close to me I can't get into my car. Crickets, say it again and woman in line pipes in that it's her car and she'll move it once she's done getting her drink. She hadn't even ordered yet. I told her that was ridiculous and she needed to move her car. She refused, flat out. It took over 10 mins for her to come move her suv.

Honestly, what a witch this woman was, I was so close to making a scene or threatening to call the cops. Idk how someone can be so self-centered.

Anyone ever deal with this before?
It happens. The worst mistake you made was going into Starbucks.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:26 AM

585 posts, read 493,435 times
You couldn't go in your passenger door?

Old 05-13-2016, 11:29 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,938,045 times
You could have accidentially spilled all your coffee at her her window when you tried to squeeze yourself into your car..

Old 05-13-2016, 11:33 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,337,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Been there, just the other day. If you are of a criminal bent, you can maliciously damage her car... but that will get you nothing except maybe a bill or a temporary cell.

Not much you can do about it except stew and maybe bawl her out later.

If you complain to the shop owner, I doubt there is much they can do. (It would be nice if the clerks refused to wait on her until she moved her car and then came back - but I doubt that will happen either.) And I don't think cops will make your issues a priority so the culprit will probably be gone before they arrive.

This is just another example of the selfish people you meet in life. (BTW, it is much worse when you have a tiny sports car with long doors and a transmission/tunnel you cannot contort yourself over or around.)
I wouldn't do it because it's a waste of the PD department but I'd threaten to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
all you have to do is activate the shock sensor. alarm installers do it all the time to adjust the sensor to make it sensitive enough to trip the alarm when the car is being jostled enough as when a thief is trying to get into the car, but not o sensitive that you have to damage the car to get it to trip.
If you've been on a ferry boat that that takes cars, the altman go off all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
You couldn't go in your passenger door?
Nope, not with the car I was driving today. If I'd been in my jeep it wouldn't of been a problem.

In the past if a car is really close, I'll flip their mirror in, maybe they'll think twice when they have to stop, get out of their car and then fix the mirror.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:59 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,826,008 times
I would have stood beside her berating her in line until she moved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive