Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 01:05 AM

44,647 posts, read 61,684,084 times

Advertisements

Carry an extra potato with you, then you can shove it up their tail pipe.
Blog Post | What Happens When You Put a Potato in a Tailpipe? Seriously. | Car Talk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 04:09 AM

884 posts, read 1,173,107 times
My old apartment Complex had assigned parking and someone stole the parking space next to mine, so the person who usually parked there parked horizontally behind them blocking them in. Unfortunately they also blocked me in, I couldn't get out without hitting them since there was someone parked next to me on the other side. Lots of yelling and honking later with no response I left a note informing them that if they blocked me again I'd tow them. Looking back I should've just had them towed, it would serve them right. We had a towing service we could call. They never did it again.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:12 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,656,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Carry an extra potato with you, then you can shove it up their tail pipe.
I don't think even Starbucks allows that type of behavior on line... yet.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:23 AM

8,091 posts, read 12,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
No surprise it was a female driver. Too many of them seem to be awful at parking. Maybe next time if you're looking and find the driver, tell them that their car is being hooked up and being towed away and most likely they will stop whatever they're doing and come out and look and then you get them to move?
That is a great suggestion. There could be any number of ways to get the driver out to the car such as "There's smoke coming from under the hood" , " Some crazy cat lady is going to bust your window to get the cats out", " Somebody is trying to steal your catalytic converter", "Cop is writing you a ticket" or "Some guy just pulled in next to you and creased the side of your vehicle".

Old 05-14-2016, 06:36 AM

3,380 posts, read 9,216,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I need to find a LEO friend! LOL - I've had the same happen (and I'm pretty small) when I couldn't get in my car. SUV drivers need to learned how to park/drive (I'm also of the opinion that there should be separate parking slots at the far end of lots since many I encounter don't know how to "stay in the lines"
Amazon.com: 4-way Tire Valve Stem Core Tool: Automotive

No need to damage a tire. Valve cores simply unscrew.

Deflate both tires on the opposite side...the tilt will give you enough room to get in.

Walk in and hand her the valve cores from her tire.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:43 AM

845 posts, read 779,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
So I stopped at Starbucks on my way to work like usual, come out and this huge suv is parked so far over the line I literally can't get into my car. I'm skinny with a small frame, I've been able to fit before when this once.

So I go into Starbucks and yell out who owns the suv, you're parked so close to me I can't get into my car. Crickets, say it again and woman in line pipes in that it's her car and she'll move it once she's done getting her drink. She hadn't even ordered yet. I told her that was ridiculous and she needed to move her car. She refused, flat out. It took over 10 mins for her to come move her suv.

Honestly, what a witch this woman was, I was so close to making a scene or threatening to call the cops. Idk how someone can be so self-centered.

Anyone ever deal with this before?
Yeah, anybody that does this to me gets keyed or dents kicked into their offending POS

Old 05-14-2016, 10:42 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,943,844 times
I have used a spray bottle with paint remover in it before on people's vehicles that are parked to close or I see them hit my car, etc..... Works really good.. Spray it on, it dries, then when they clean the car it comes off with all the paint..

Cost them a few dollars to fix it....

Had a ahem "person" in a new Mercedes park so close to my car that her door handle was resting against my door handle ( this was when you had actually door handles on cars)...

Since I was backed into the space I got in my car and very very slowly pulled out.. Since I had to go straight, I pulled out far enough I could then back up so my side of the car was right behind theirs... I then sprayed the back of their car liberally with the paint remover.... It was a hot day, the paint remover started working right away, and I laughed as I drove off.......

Old 05-14-2016, 11:35 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,474,479 times
Entry to a vehicle can be had without retaliation methods.

The trunk is a viable option when standard passenger doors are locked or impeded.

If there is someone culpable on one side, then someone is also culpable on the other side.

Decide if this is really a battle or an imposition to be resolved.

I tend to find humor is those "moments" of life where you go...Really??? you may not control the facts but you have a choice in how your attitude comes off....

Old 05-14-2016, 11:56 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,632,242 times
I would have gone in thru the passenger door although it would be difficult with bucket seats etc. I'd figure it out cause I don't like confrontations, you never know how someone will respond.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:14 PM

35,128 posts, read 17,087,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
So I stopped at Starbucks on my way to work like usual, come out and this huge suv is parked so far over the line I literally can't get into my car. I'm skinny with a small frame, I've been able to fit before when this once.

So I go into Starbucks and yell out who owns the suv, you're parked so close to me I can't get into my car. Crickets, say it again and woman in line pipes in that it's her car and she'll move it once she's done getting her drink. She hadn't even ordered yet. I told her that was ridiculous and she needed to move her car. She refused, flat out. It took over 10 mins for her to come move her suv.

Honestly, what a witch this woman was, I was so close to making a scene or threatening to call the cops. Idk how someone can be so self-centered.

Anyone ever deal with this before?
I suppose you could have offered to hold her place in line. And then when she refused, called for the store manager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive