Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 09:05 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times

Advertisements

If reliability isn't an issue, I agree with the Audi A4. I still have some PTSD from when we had ours, but it looked nice. Didn't run half the time, but looked good sitting in the service department of the dealership. I will also say that the interior of my neighbor's new Jetta looks pretty much exactly like the A4, just at half the price.

Volvo interiors are also really nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 09:14 AM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Not a fan of it myself then again not a fan of nav screens overall we use a map lol
I admit, I never use the NAV map in any of my cars. Cars today have integrate everything in that one screen....Back up camera, radio, satellite, zillion sensors, hands free phone, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
the lexus RX and the lexus GS are both over the OP price range
by the time you add NAV and the other tech stuff you are way way over 45k
RX starts at 42k...yes it can easily hit 60k....top out close to 70k. If not, there is NX

Old 07-22-2016, 10:45 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,296,891 times
I am not sure if it is the best because I haven't driven a lot of new cars, but the premium trim Buick Enclave that we test drove last fall impressed the hell out of my wife and I and it was just under 45K if I recall correctly. Maybe it was just a matter of fit for my body type but I found it more comfortable than any of the other SUV's we looked at.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:08 PM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
That Mercedes interior is horrible. Way to busy, no flow to it at all. The Lexus looks great, and I really like what Cadillac offers. The interiors in the ATS and CTS are really nice. Lincoln and Ford have some really nice offerings as well.
Someone mentioned the Jeep Grand Cherokee, I'm going to say I am really disappointed in it. It just seems to be lacking for the kind of money they are asking for.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:13 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Kia

Old 07-22-2016, 01:17 PM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Kia

Kia, has done really well. Their styling and fit and finish is great, sadly they seem to take too many styling cues from others.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:30 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
I would also add the Hyundai Genesis to my earlier list, since the interior is simple and offers premium materials for the price point, the size of an E Class Mercedes for the price of a C Class with options. However, the Audi and the E Class are slightly better designs, but you would be CPO or a base A6 and CPO with an E350 to stay under $45k. A 5-Series BMW might not be a bad deal, either, but you would need to look at a CPO to stay under budget. The 3-Series has an odd interior, IMO, but it is functional, and not the worst in the class, but Audi and Mercedes have a cleaner design.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 07-22-2016, 02:20 PM

17,306 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Kia, has done really well. Their styling and fit and finish is great, sadly they seem to take too many styling cues from others.
Yeah, with them having hired Peter Schreyer the question is are they copying Audi or is that just Schreyer's design language wherever he would be working.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:24 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Indeed, and a reason why many are leased. But OP said reliability was not a concern.
But if cost is a concern, so would be maintenance costs.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:10 AM

4,542 posts, read 3,741,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
If reliability isn't an issue, I agree with the Audi A4. I still have some PTSD from when we had ours, but it looked nice. Didn't run half the time, but looked good sitting in the service department of the dealership. I will also say that the interior of my neighbor's new Jetta looks pretty much exactly like the A4, just at half the price.

Volvo interiors are also really nice.

Agreed. The new A4 interior is amazing. Very nice touch to feel materials and good craftsmanship. Supposedly, Audi has improved reliability for the A4 and Q5. Would be something to research into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive