Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 07:18 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times

Advertisements

I had an 87 Integra. The handling was excellent. I could accelerate into curves. It was an awesome car.

Consumer Reports once said that it had the best brakes in its class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 11:05 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
I was looking Acura RLX, guess I will go with the Infinity Q50.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:41 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Nobody will ask in the parking lot "whose Acura is this?"

Old 08-14-2016, 04:14 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times
After buying 3 Accords, I used to think I would move up to one. But after being able to get a good deal on a Lexus, I will probably not look at Acura and go with another Lexus. At one point before buying a new '97 Accord , I looked at a left over '96 Integra Type-R with manual trans, in some ways I really wish I would have got it as it was really fun to drive and loved the gears sync. I also agree with others here that their decision not to go to the V8 in the R class was a Big mistake.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:11 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Nobody will ask in the parking lot "whose Acura is this?"
I have a 98 GSR and I have been followed home where the guy wanted to buy it. I also have come out of stores and have had guys making a offer on it.
Who ever owned it in the past must have waxed it regularly as the original paint is nice and shiny. Its lowered a little, still rides good, has a cat. back exhaust, really sounds good especially at full throttle, and a cold air intake.
This is the last of the lightweight performance Honda's and I like it so much I may keep it forever
See the thread here about new cars getting bigger, with bigger also is heavier.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:34 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
Acura lost it when they dropped the Legend. Up til then, the Legend had been a competitor in the yuppie luxury market -- it was considered a prestigious brand to own and there was nothing like seeing the word "Legend" across the back of the car. So they dropped that and you had your RL, which was boring and like driving your grandfather's Buick, and the TL, which now seemed like a step down because the RL was above it. And was also boring in styling. They never again were in the same league as BMW, Mercedes and Lexus.

That said, I have an RDX and it's a beautiful vehicle to drive. I would have preferred a Cadillac or BMW SUV but I'm at the age where I can no longer afford the $45K price tags. So for $35K, the Acura was a nice alternative.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:34 AM

4,834 posts, read 5,736,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Acura lost it when they dropped the Legend. Up til then, the Legend had been a competitor in the yuppie luxury market -- it was considered a prestigious brand to own and there was nothing like seeing the word "Legend" across the back of the car. So they dropped that and you had your RL, which was boring and like driving your grandfather's Buick, and the TL, which now seemed like a step down because the RL was above it. And was also boring in styling. They never again were in the same league as BMW, Mercedes and Lexus.

That said, I have an RDX and it's a beautiful vehicle to drive. I would have preferred a Cadillac or BMW SUV but I'm at the age where I can no longer afford the $45K price tags. So for $35K, the Acura was a nice alternative.
I loved my '92 Legend

Old 08-15-2016, 09:36 AM

604 posts, read 653,606 times
Acura is not a luxury brand, just a premium brand, same as Infinity.

Lexus is the only one that gets at the entrance of that luxury territory which it is still very much dominated by European cars.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:58 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,905,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezball View Post
Honda's vehicles are easily cannibalizing Acura's sales. It's either that, or every brand offers a superior version for the same price.
Yup, why buy an Acura, when a loaded Honda is basically the same thing, for less money?

Old 08-15-2016, 12:03 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post

The RDX still does have a 6 cyl option, right? That would be a consideration from getting a Honda CR-V .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive