Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 11:56 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times

Advertisements

When I was really young I got a ticket for an accident and was fined a ridiculous amount of money by a rectum judge. My father was terminally ill in the hospital when I had to go to court and I sat in the parking lot crying. The officer that gave us both a ticket for the accident came up to my car and was very kind. I told him what was happening and I could tell that he felt bad about it. I told him that I was grateful for his kindness but he was only doing his job and no hard feelings.

Well fast forward about two years and I was getting divorced and moved back from California. We moved to California because my FIL had cancer. I forgot about paying the ticket and had a bench warrant. I was poor and driving a total piece of crap car and I got pulled over for speeding. Oh crap! Well it was the same officer that issued me the ticket two years ago.

I had my Doberman in the car with me and he's snarling and snapping at the officer. We recognized each other and he told me that I had a bench warrant but he let me go with a take care of it. Did I? Nope. I was later arrested in a town a few miles from my house. I was driving my ex's car as he came back to my town and we tried to get back together. His car had some violation but I don't remember what it was now so, I was arrested.

The officer was very nice and didn't tow the car. He told me to follow him to the station. He let me sit in the waiting area and never put me in a cell, hand cuffed me or finger printed me. He was very very nice, but so was I. I wasn't about to do anything stupid at that point and I think he knew that.

Honestly, I've never had a bad experience with police officers and I've been pulled over quite a few times. They've all been professional and nice with the exception of one that was kind of gruff. We've been neighbors now for over 20 years and text back and forth nearly every day. Yep he's still a bit of a rectum but I've grown to love him anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 02:23 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
My neighbor had two sons. Ages 4 and 7. Their dad got pulled over. They 7 yr old was so excited!

Officer approaches. Son says..boy are we happy to see you! We Needed a gift for mom! She'd love a ticket to see Crosby stills. Got one of them handy?

True story. And yes they got a ticket..over $100.

Old 08-28-2016, 03:49 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
When I was about 20 I got pulled over for speeding and the officer ( and older man) asked if there was a reason for my going so fast that would preclude him from giving me a ticket.
I looked him in the eye and said , no... I was exceeding the speed limit ( 10 mph over).
But... ( looking down) Perhaps instead of giving me a ticket, you'd could just give me a little spanking? He busted out laughing, ran my info and let me go with a verbal warning.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:17 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,784,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
A few years back me and a friend of mine were pulled over while on our way home. This friend of mine is a local comedian and while the cop was about to step out of his car to talk to us my friend said, "Bet I can try to use humor to get out of a ticket?". When the cop walked up to the window and asked, "Any reason why you think I pulled you over today?", my friend responded, "Because you think I have donuts?". While I was shocked trying to keep a straight face the cop was smiling trying not to laugh but he was able to keep a professional attitude. He ended up getting a ticket but either way it was a ballsy move especially since you don't know how he's going to react.

Any of you guys have a story that has happened to you or from someone else?
Got pulled over for having one headlight out and a tail light out. When the cop told me of the headlight, I said "Oh, here's what I do" I got out, punched the light and it came back on (Loose wire) and he laughed and said "OK, due to the nifty trick, I'll say Go home and get it fixed tomorrow" I agreed and left...

Old 08-28-2016, 06:19 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
My husband got pulled over for not having his lights on. Before the cop got to the car I assured him I would get him out of the ticket. He rolled down the window and I started wan epic case of verbal diarrhea with my sole point being I was talking too much and distracted him, with someone talking as much as I talk, no wonder he forgot his lights. He let my husband off with a warning. My husband has never been let off with a warning before (and the city we were pulled over in never seems to give warnings).

I think he felt sorry for my husband LOL

Iv'e been really effective at getting out of tickets in my life. Never have gotten one, have had 10-15 warnings over the years.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:25 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
Oh I did have one time where I got pulled over, the police man got out of his car and started walking towards me (I had not done anything major, I thing my tags were expired). He stopped, talked on his radio, got in his car and drove away.

One time I got pulled over because I started at a cop doing a speed trap. Like I full on stared at him, turning my head as we drove by. My insurance, tags and license were expired and I had been going 5 over when I first spotted him. But he ended up pulling me over trying to get me to tell him what I was worried about. So I learned from him, if you stare at a cop they think you have something to hide. My friend and I ended up just telling him we thought he was cute and that is why. LOL

Old 08-28-2016, 06:58 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,807,497 times
I like cops. One time I was riding in the back seat of my friends car. There was a State Trooper in the left lane passing us. I was in the back seat drinking a Mountain Dew. This was back when they were sold in green glass bottles. When I saw the cop looking towards us, I saluted him with the green bottle. Suddenly, he slowed down, got behind us and pulled us over. He had my friend going through the drunk driver tests. He passed. The cop told him he saw me drinking in the back. We showed him it was a Mountain Dew bottle and he smelled it. He let us go. Later, I told my friend about the salute, and he was pissed! Now, we laugh about it.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:31 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,875,511 times
Was in the home stretch of a four hour drive, and got pulled over. Cop walks up.
How ya doin' today, Sir?
Crappy. I just drove four hours only to find out the meeting was cancelled. Now I'm getting a speeding ticket.
I'll need your license and registration.

Quick glance that paperwork is complete.

No ticket tonight, Keim. Slow down a little and have a better day!

Old 08-28-2016, 09:43 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,081,106 times
Not me but my grandfather:

Years ago, I think he was probably in his late 60's at that time, he was driving, my grandmother was the passenger. It was in L.A, it was something small like a brake light out or something like that. Cop pulls up behind them and tries to pull them over. At first he didn't think it was him so he kept driving. This goes on for a couple of miles and my grandmother tells him to pull over. He doesn't and insists he did nothing wrong!

After a few miles, he finally pulls over, the cop tells him of the minor infraction, gives him a ticket and sends him on his way. After his license expired, my uncle refused to take him to get it renewed. He said that with his vision going bad combined with the great public transportation system there didn't necessitate a license for the old man.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:25 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
I moved across country when I was about 25 years old, for a job. I drove by myself, and way back when - in 1980ish, there were no cell phones or GPS, etc. I got what was called a trip-tik from AAA, which was a paper map with directions to a Best Western every day from WA state to TN. So I stopped in several states along the way.

When I finally hit Kansas City, it was really late at night. I was exhausted and lost, and couldn't find my Best Western motel.

I was at a stop light in by now was a bad neighborhood, really scared, and it was an intersection that had many streets connected to it, and when a light turned green, I was confused and started to go forward in my old VW squareback, then realized it wasn't meant for me. I backed up to get out of the intersection, and hit the truck behind me.

I was by then completely lost, and was in a scary neighborhood.

Well, the guy in the truck got out of his truck, and started yelling. The light turned green. I gunned it through the light because I was petrified. And just as I got through the intersection, I saw police lights flashing behind me, and I pulled over.

When the cop got out of his car, I practically leaped into his arms and said I was so glad to see him!!! LOL. And, granted at 25 years old, I was quite the hottie too ha ha.

I don't think he'd ever pulled someone over who clambered toward him telling him how happy they were to be pulled over by him - and of course, being young and thin and cute just shocked him all the more LOL.

He was a sweetheart and helped me deal with the angry guy whose truck I hit when I backed up with my insurance info, etc. And then he helped me find my Best Western.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive