Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 11:00 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Two.

Go to My Settings
On the left menu go to Settings & Options
Then click on Edit Options
Scroll down to find Thread Display Options
The third box is Number of Posts to Show Per Page
There click on the drop down menu and click on Number of Posts to Show Per Page
Set that to Show 40 Posts Per Page
Click Save Changes

I'm a 20 posts per page man myself but to each his own!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 11:03 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times
Quote:
Two.

Go to My Settings
On the left menu go to Settings & Options
Then click on Edit Options
Scroll down to find Thread Display Options
The third box is Number of Posts to Show Per Page
There click on the drop down menu and click on Number of Posts to Show Per Page
Set that to Show 40 Posts Per Page
Click Save Changes

I'll have to because this is just crazy how people worry about other drivers but they think they have no faults them selfs.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:25 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,042,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
I'll have to because this is just crazy how people worry about other drivers but they think they have no faults them selfs.
I'd be the first to admit I speed, 5-10mph above posted limit, but then again, so does everyone else! Any attempt by me to drive less than 5mph abovd posted would get me either the horn section of the local symphony, or someone 3inches off my rear bumper. But I signal turns(even into my own driveway), lane changes, and pullovers as faithfully as a pastor shows up for church on Sundays.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:01 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,673,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
I'd be the first to admit I speed, 5-10mph above posted limit, but then again, so does everyone else! Any attempt by me to drive less than 5mph abovd posted would get me either the horn section of the local symphony, or someone 3inches off my rear bumper. But I signal turns(even into my own driveway), lane changes, and pullovers as faithfully as a pastor shows up for church on Sundays.
So do I.... but I drive a big Ram pickup so if I am lumped into your categories you'll say I don't. If you pay close attention to vehicles you can usually figure out if someone is getting ready to make a turn... with or without a signal. Most will begin slowing down and that should be your indicator to back off. If you're following closely enough to someone that their last minute decision to turn forces you to slam on your brakes, then you're following too closely. Being that I do drive a big diesel Ram, I cannot stop like a Honda Civic. I know this, and adjust my driving style accordingly to allow more space between myself and the next person. Responsible drivers do this regardless of what they drive.

Granted, there are some idiots out there who just don't signal but trying to assume that decision is based purely upon the type of vehicle they drive is outlandish.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:47 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Quote:
I'll have to because this is just crazy how people worry about other drivers but they think they have no faults themselves.
When I'm behind cars following the prescribed distance for the speed, I've lost count for the amount of times I've slammed on my brakes due to a car all of a sudden coming to a dead stop at a intersection and then turning without bothering to signal. Most of the roads I drive are two lane (one in each direction) so there are usually no other directions I can go to veer out of the way. I have my brakes set in such a way that they nearly stop on a dime. Van's and Pickup's are not the problem. Every type of vehicle is. I even include bicyclists as I've had them swing in front of me and stop on the left of the lane in order to make a left turn. They have no electronics signals and most have no clue what a arm signal is. Yet they do know how to use their middle finger when they think cars pass to close to them. The lack of signalling has gotten so bad, I see Police cars not using theirs either. This is just street driving. Highway driving when it comes to lane changes are not any better. On I-95 it's the small cars that are the main causes of accidents, nearly every accident I've seen is some small car crushed sitting in front of a 18-wheeler. Last week I saw a car crushed between two dump trucks. This generation of drivers is much worse than previous generations I've seen driving in the US.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:00 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,042,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
So do I.... but I drive a big Ram pickup so if I am lumped into your categories you'll say I don't. If you pay close attention to vehicles you can usually figure out if someone is getting ready to make a turn... with or without a signal. Most will begin slowing down and that should be your indicator to back off. If you're following closely enough to someone that their last minute decision to turn forces you to slam on your brakes, then you're following too closely. Being that I do drive a big diesel Ram, I cannot stop like a Honda Civic. I know this, and adjust my driving style accordingly to allow more space between myself and the next person. Responsible drivers do this regardless of what they drive.

Granted, there are some idiots out there who just don't signal but trying to assume that decision is based purely upon the type of vehicle they drive is outlandish.

Nlambert: If it's based on anything, it's simple observation: I see, where I drive, less blinker usage by light trucks than by any other type of vehicle.

Now, as far as reading ahead what somebody is about to do on the road, I'm pretty well versed in it. However, there's another small reason why signaling your turns would be appropriate: In many municipalities - It's the law.

Last edited by TheGrandK-Man; 07-05-2017 at 10:06 AM..

Old 07-05-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
Nlambert: If it's based on anything, it's simple observation: I see, where I drive, less blinker usage by light trucks than by any other type of vehicle.

Now, as far as reading ahead what somebody is about to do on the road, I'm pretty well versed in it. However, there's another small reason why signaling your turns would be appropriate: In many municipalities - It's the law.
Just like useing cellphones while driving is also against the law but how many still do it. Drivers today got one thing on their mind themselves and the hell with everyone else hell everyone flaunts the law in one way or another.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:03 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Quote:
Just like using cellphones while driving is also against the law but how many still do it. Drivers today got one thing on their mind themselves and the hell with everyone else hell everyone flaunts the law in one way or another.
Only in 14 states.
http://www.ghsa.org/state-laws/issue...racted-Driving

Old 07-05-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Only in 14 states.

| GHSA
Useing cellphone is also texting most people Tex right to their phone so they are useing their cellphones. Also not useing seat belts people still flaunt this law.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:22 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,829,503 times
Quote:
When I'm behind cars following the prescribed distance for the speed, I've lost count for the amount of times I've slammed on my brakes due to a car all of a sudden coming to a dead stop at a intersection and then turning without bothering to signal. Most of the roads I drive are two lane (one in each direction) so there are usually no other directions I can go to veer out of the way. I have my brakes set in such a way that they nearly stop on a dime. Van's and Pickup's are not the problem. Every type of vehicle is. I even include bicyclists as I've had them swing in front of me and stop on the left of the lane in order to make a left turn. They have no electronics signals and most have no clue what a arm signal is. Yet they do know how to use their middle finger when they think cars pass to close to them. The lack of signalling has gotten so bad, I see Police cars not using theirs either. This is just street driving. Highway driving when it comes to lane changes are not any better. On I-95 it's the small cars that are the main causes of accidents, nearly every accident I've seen is some small car crushed sitting in front of a 18-wheeler. Last week I saw a car crushed between two dump trucks. This generation of drivers is much worse than previous generations I've seen driving in the US.
I wonder if that happens because they're trying to read the tiny street name sign? I wish more places had better signage I'm guessing those drivers turned like that because they weren't sure if it was the right road until they were close enough to read the sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive