Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 10:48 PM

4,626 posts, read 3,010,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Why do so many people drive like they are taking somebody to the ER or something? It seems to me like there are actually two species of drivers on the road - Homo Sapiens, and Homo Alwaysinabighurryus.
Excelllent question.

Where I live, San Francisco, there's:

Beautiful scenery, delightful weather, great restaurants, etc.

Atrocious drivers.

They run red lights and stop signs, turn left in front of oncoming traffic, veer into another lane if the car ahead slows down, careen around corners, honk at the slightest delay, etc. No, they're not all like that, but the % of crazy drivers seems way above average here. Perhaps overconsumption of coffee is the reason, or maybe there's just "too many rats in the cage."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 06:39 AM

78,454 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Why do so many people drive like they are taking somebody to the ER or something? It seems to me like there are actually two species of drivers on the road - Homo Sapiens, and Homo Alwaysinabighurryus.
Maybe because like 30 minutes ago....the car in front of me sat after the light turned green to turn onto a major road long enough that it went YELLOW while they were only half way through the intersection.

Fast drivers (and I'm not talking reckless) are the least of the impediments to driving out there. If you're getting honked at or constantly passed on the right on the highway then I'd strongly consider if you're part of the problem?

Put the cell phones away people.

For every "fast driver" I see, I have another twenty or more that are driving badly due to cell phone usage.

I mean seriously, at the highschools around here they put the mangled cars of dead or badly injured students on the front lawn of the school after texting\driving disasters. Tells you where the real problem is.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:48 AM

192 posts, read 131,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
When road-ragers taylgate me in a vain (every pun intended) attempt to 're-educate' my driving habits, I drive slower just to **** them off.

It is insanely-gratifying to watch their eyes bug-out & faces turn a bright shade of red as they only WISH they had what it took to 'put me in my place'...

...but I am well prepared for that possibility...

If ONLY they truly knew what they were dealing with.

You impatient, over-entitled, narcissistic hot-heads out there wanna run with the big-dogs, you better be prepared to pay the price when you eventually 'miss' a step...cause that 'purge' thing y'all are hoping for ? it goes BOTH ways.

Old age & treachery will ALWAYS win-out over youth & skill.

BANK on it.
Or they work 8-5 jobs, and have to get to the daycare before they get penalized for being late, then if they are lucky, they can grab a bite to eat on the way to soccer practice they can't be late for otherwise the kid will be riding the pine, then we need to a lot at least an hour for homework, and if lucky, might get to spend quality time together. But I'm sure sally sue in her minivan is just itching for some purge; that explains the whole wanting to get where they are going in a hurry.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:50 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,808,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Because they think they are so-so-so important & special.

I moved from an urban area to Hooterville, and the drivers race around like they are VIPs, going to important places.
The exact same thing could be said of people driving slowly, cruising the left lane holding up traffic, not stopping at stop signs, etc. Speeders are not the only offenders.

Quote:
When road-ragers taylgate me in a vain (every pun intended) attempt to 're-educate' my driving habits, I drive slower just to **** them off.

It is insanely-gratifying to watch their eyes bug-out & faces turn a bright shade of red as they only WISH they had what it took to 'put me in my place'...

You impatient, over-entitled, narcissistic hot-heads out there wanna run with the big-dogs, you better be prepared to pay the price when you eventually 'miss' a step...cause that 'purge' thing y'all are hoping for ? it goes BOTH ways.

BANK on it.
Nice that you puff yourself up thinking that you've "taught them a lesson." You're just as much of a jerk and as much in the wrong as they are.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:07 AM

78,454 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:

BANK on it.
Lol....this entire post keeps making me think of the guy in Florida that shot the guy in the movie theatre over texting during the previews and some thrown popcorn.

It's a recipe for spending ones golden years in a cell.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:51 AM

192 posts, read 131,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lol....this entire post keeps making me think of the guy in Florida that shot the guy in the movie theatre over texting during the previews and some thrown popcorn.

It's a recipe for spending ones golden years in a cell.
This kind of violent fantasizing about, thinking they are dirty harry, is the kind of folks that give responsible gun owners a bad name. He's just looking for an excuse.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:44 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,144,346 times
Quote:
Diarrhea waits for no man lol

Old 11-29-2017, 07:02 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Why do so many people project their inferiorities on everyone else? Let me guess, you drive a Subaru, a Prius or a Camry and think you know something about driving, but actually don't.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:04 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,594,864 times
Quote:

BANK on it.
When I tailgate someone I'm not trying to teach them a lesson. It's just my way of saying you need to get out of the way. When someone comes up behind me, I don't act like an ass and slow down, I just get out of the way. Courtesy extends both ways. BTW, I'm retired, but that doesn't mean I'm entitled to hold up others.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:37 AM

10,363 posts, read 7,997,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
When I tailgate someone I'm not trying to teach them a lesson. It's just my way of saying you need to get out of the way.
Driving in an unsafe manner is NEVER an appropriate way to communicate with another driver. Tailgating is dangerous!

Honk your horn and flash your lights if you like, but keep a safe following distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive