Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 01:54 PM

5,641 posts, read 24,963,956 times

Advertisements

I tell them before delivery I don't want it but once got it and had their body shop remove it before paying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 02:35 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,830,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
What dealership paints on their logo?
I've seen many like that, but not so much in recent years. Usually they are some sort of vinyl decal.

To the OP, be careful letting the dealer remove it. When I bought my current vehicle (late-model used) there were scrapes (down to the metal) where some knucklehead at the dealership used a razor scraper to remove the original sticker from when the car was sold new. I spotted it after they washed/detailed the car and gave them a choice, either give me $$ off to get it fixed myself or repaint the trunk lid. They gave me the $$ off the agreed price and I had an auto body shop repaint the spot and blend it in. You can't tell it ever happened.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:10 PM

19,137 posts, read 25,349,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have a hard time believing they were shocked. I sold cars. We on occasion would have a request for no sticker or to have it removed.
"Sure, no problem".

+1
However, I have to say that the OP missed the proverbial boat by failing to be proactive in this regard.
When I purchase a new vehicle, above my signature I print "NO Dealer ID can be placed on the vehicle, or the contract will be voided", and then I initial this addendum to the purchase contract. I also verbalize this point with the salesperson.

As a result of my proactive behaviors over the past 45 years of new car buying, I have never had a dealership attempt to place their advertising logo on any of my vehicles.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:32 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,864,669 times
I agree about it not being there. One should even remove their license plate frame from the car as you really don't need that. What really irks me are dealers that put their vinyl brand and then also have the license plate frame as well!! Talk about free advertising!!

Old 12-16-2017, 04:36 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,915,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
said it would be important to have that on the car when it comes in for service.
Anybody still not convinced that car dealers are liars?

Old 12-16-2017, 04:41 PM

19,137 posts, read 25,349,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Anybody still not convinced that car dealers are liars?
If they decide to leave the automotive realm, they can enter the world of politics!

Old 12-16-2017, 06:49 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,594,864 times
This must be a regional thing. I don't know of any dealership in Alaska that does this. Here we just get sent along with a license plate frame that can be easily removed. I've also seen metal logos that require drilling holes to install. That would put me over the edge!

Old 12-16-2017, 09:10 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,563,927 times
Quote:
Went to pick up my new car yesterday and on the back of the car is the dealer logo. Not a plate frame but a decal on the rear panel. I told them to take it off or I won't take the car as I am not a "rolling billboard" for the dealership. They were shocked at my complaint and said it would be important to have that on the car when it comes in for service. Am I off base here, picking it up this afternoon logo free.
I had a license plate frame that said NO FREE ADVERTISEMENT. I had a dealer remove it and put their frame on. Made them remove it and put mine back on.
That’s the first thing I take off on,y cars when I buy them

Old 12-16-2017, 10:58 PM

38 posts, read 56,184 times
Fifty years ago, I remember my mom having cars where they glued a chromed metal one on the back of the trunk. I personally liked them, thought the plastic decals were tacky.

I can understand people not wanting the thing on the car, and I think the dealer should abide by the customer's wishes.

K-R.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:52 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,393,132 times
Quote:
Went to pick up my new car yesterday and on the back of the car is the dealer logo. Not a plate frame but a decal on the rear panel. I told them to take it off or I won't take the car as I am not a "rolling billboard" for the dealership. They were shocked at my complaint and said it would be important to have that on the car when it comes in for service. Am I off base here, picking it up this afternoon logo free.
That is on my list when I have bought a car--I tell them I do not want the dealer logo on my car. I refuse to give them free advertising. I am buying a new car this week and that is on my list to remind them I do not want their logo.

I have always found it odd they can do that without asking. Consumers have to be savvy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive