Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 11:13 AM

3,703 posts, read 4,852,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Jacked up lifted trucks with big tires that never actually go off road and are pavement queens. Usually seen towing a boat or sand rail. The typical M or Rockstar sticker for monster drinks and F word sticker on back window.
Sounds to me like those rigs ARE actually being utilized and not just pavement queens. As far as my RAM, I can launch my boat pretty easily by submerging the trailer and not get oe drop of water on the sheet metal because of the lift. An 07 with no rust, parked at the beach, launching and retrieving boats from the brine and driving on the mid-Atlantic beaches. works for me.

But then again, I just bought a Ford F150 as a new daily driver. Not because of problems with my Dodge but because I wanted something different and the price was right. I didn't want 2 of basically the same mid grade vehicle.

Ford, Chevy, Dodge? Exactly the same IMO. Not one of those companys is paying me a dime so no need to pick sides and bash another brand like some 12 year old who's daddy just bought one brand so all others are garbage nonsense!!!

Next truck might be a Chevy/GM, who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 11:16 AM

414 posts, read 359,574 times
The pics from this CL ad made me think of this thread:

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/c...670350442.html

Old 08-17-2018, 03:29 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,165,050 times
My 2014 Ram Laramie with 5.7 Hemi is well past 100K miles and still drives and looks like new.
Used to carry parts for work also for family vacations, a joy to drive it and very comfortable drive for everybody.
No issues, love it!

Old 08-17-2018, 03:53 PM

958 posts, read 1,106,280 times
Put my 2001 1/2 Dodge 2500 Ram Q cab V10 4x4 daily work truck/driver just short of 190K against any *** krap out there.
Bring your Chevy,GMC or ford too.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:55 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,339,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
It’s just a Ram pickup Chrysler started a new division for their pickups called Ram just like Jeep is also a division of Chrysler also like GMC, and others also.
GMC is not part of Chrysler, it's owned by General Motors.

Old 08-17-2018, 04:00 PM

10,020 posts, read 8,635,195 times
Whenever we saw someone complaining about their Dodge truck we would always tell them, " It could be worse, you could be driving a Ford."

Old 08-17-2018, 04:59 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaisse View Post

the one Dodge I have owned is still going a 97 cummins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Funny thing, my 1997 Dodge Cummins ...I would never buy any other pickup than a Dodge, and based on what I see out here where people actually USE their trucks, neither would most of the folks I see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
1997 was a great year for the Dodge/Cummins trucks. Totally mechanical engine with the P7100 injection pump. If the KDP is taken care of, that engine will run forever. And assuming it has the manual transmission, the rest of the drivetrain is great. ...
The theme... if you need a work pickup... make it a 1997 - 1998.5 CTD (12V) (tough to find CHEAP!!!! @20 yrs old... getting tougher everyday, but... chances are it will be the LAST truck you will need to buy, as they go for millions of miles. (even more if you throw away the Dodge steering and suspension)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Whenever we saw someone complaining about their Dodge truck we would always tell them, " It could be worse, you could be driving a Ford."
Loyal Ford owners make theirs a Fummins.
What's A FUMMINS? | Diesel Tech Magazine
Destroked - THE Cummins Conversion Company : Home Page

Old 08-18-2018, 05:27 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
GMC is not part of Chrysler, it's owned by General Motors.
No kidding i was stating that Ram is a division of Chrysler just like GMC is a division of GM i live in metro Detroit and i do know my big3 vehicles. My father worked for GM for 30 years in Detroit so I’m pretty familiar of all the Gm divisions. I also remember when GM owned EDS and Hughes Electronics Corporation witch was merged with Delco Electronics. Also GM owned Delphi witch was GMs parts division just like Motorcraft is Fords parts division and Mopar is Chrysler’s.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:20 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
If I came across a good deal on a 94-98.5 Dodge Ram 2500 with a Cummins... 4wd, manual transmission... that's a truck I would drive. I'd attach some truck-nuts and OWN it.

But I can't name any other Dodge that I'd suffer that kind of indignity for.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:25 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,590,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
No kidding i was stating that Ram is a division of Chrysler just like GMC is a division of GM i live in metro Detroit and i do know my big3 vehicles. My father worked for GM for 30 years in Detroit so I’m pretty familiar of all the Gm divisions. I also remember when GM owned EDS and Hughes Electronics Corporation witch was merged with Delco Electronics. Also GM owned Delphi witch was GMs parts division just like Motorcraft is Fords parts division and Mopar is Chrysler’s.

You forgot to mention Fisher Body. Who can forget the Body by Fisher tag on every GM car for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive