Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 11:02 AM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
WTH does being in Ca or NY have to do with anything.
  1. In Eureka, it is illegal to use the road as a bed.
  2. In Chico, you are not allowed to plant rutabagas (or any garden) on the road.
  3. Throughout California, you cannot shoot any game (wildlife) from a moving vehicle, unless it’s a whale.
  4. In Glendale, you can’t jump from (or into) a car in motion.
  5. In Hermosa Beach, it is illegal to spill your margarita on the street.
  6. In Arcadia, peacocks have the right-of-way to cross the road.
  7. In Temecula, ducks have the right-of-way when crossing Rancho California St.
  8. Throughout the state, women are not allowed to drive in a house coat.
  9. In Cathedral City, you are not allowed to sleep in a parked vehicle.
  10. In Downey, you can’t wash your vehicle in the street.
  11. In Long Beach, cars are the only item you can have in your garage.
  12. Throughout California, autonomous vehicles (without drivers) must not exceed 60 mph.
  13. In Norco, noise from your vehicle’s sound system cannot be heard outside the car.
  14. In Redlands, any motor vehicle driven on the city streets must have a man with a lantern walking ahead of it.
  15. In San Francisco, it is illegal to wipe your car with used underwear

Would it shock you if there was a #16 on there that said all vehicles must have a driver and passenger seat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 01:38 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
  1. In Eureka, it is illegal to use the road as a bed.
  2. In Chico, you are not allowed to plant rutabagas (or any garden) on the road.
  3. Throughout California, you cannot shoot any game (wildlife) from a moving vehicle, unless it’s a whale.
  4. In Glendale, you can’t jump from (or into) a car in motion.
  5. In Hermosa Beach, it is illegal to spill your margarita on the street.
  6. In Arcadia, peacocks have the right-of-way to cross the road.
  7. In Temecula, ducks have the right-of-way when crossing Rancho California St.
  8. Throughout the state, women are not allowed to drive in a house coat.
  9. In Cathedral City, you are not allowed to sleep in a parked vehicle.
  10. In Downey, you can’t wash your vehicle in the street.
  11. In Long Beach, cars are the only item you can have in your garage.
  12. Throughout California, autonomous vehicles (without drivers) must not exceed 60 mph.
  13. In Norco, noise from your vehicle’s sound system cannot be heard outside the car.
  14. In Redlands, any motor vehicle driven on the city streets must have a man with a lantern walking ahead of it.
  15. In San Francisco, it is illegal to wipe your car with used underwear

Would it shock you if there was a #16 on there that said all vehicles must have a driver and passenger seat?
Again why are you bringing up pointless laws? And what do these stupid laws (which btw all the states have). All you’ve proven is you can google some of obscure laws. Whooptie doo. Still haven’t proven me wrong no matter how many other obscure laws you post.

But just to prove a point
For example

In Arizona, it is illegal for cowboys to walk through a hotel lobby wearing their spurs.
In South Carolina, it is legal for adult males to discharge firearms when approaching an intersection in a non-horse vehicle to warn oncoming horse traffic.
A misworded ordinance in Wolf Point, Montana: “No horse shall be allowed in public without its owner wearing a halter.”
In South Carolina, no horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants.
In Raton, New Mexico, it is illegal for a woman to ride horseback down a public street with a kimono on.
In Omega, New Mexico, every woman must “be found to be wearing a corset” when riding a horse in public! A doctor is required to inspect each woman to make sure that she is complying with the law.
Pennsylvania law states: “Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass. If the horses appear skittish, the motorist must take his car apart, piece by piece, and hide it under the nearest bushes.”
In the state of Queensland, Australia, it is still constitutional law that all pubs (hotel/bar) must have a railing outside for patrons to tie up their horse.
Pattonsburg, Missouri, Revised Ordinances, 1884: “No person shall hallo, shout, bawl, scream, use profane language, dance, sing, whoop, quarrel, or make any unusual noise or sound in such manner as to disturb a horse.”
Abilene, Kansas, City Ordinance 349 declares: “Any person who shall in the city of Abilene shoot at a horse with any concealed or unconcealed bean snapper or like article, shall upon conviction, be fined.”
Marshalltown, Iowa, it is against the law for a horse to eat a fire hydrant.
In Maysville West Virginia, the law says anyone meeting a horse and buggy on the road must bow from the waist.
In Hartsville, Illinois, you can be arrested for riding an ugly horse.

So there are s9me idiotic laws. None have anythingto do with not having a passenger seat. None of the laws you quoted have anything to do with the subject matter. You’re trying to bring up useless pointless laws which dont mean crap to the subject on hand. For what? To insinuate that there may be some law making removing seats illegal? Well go find it and prove me wrong.

You need seats if you have human occupants. If you dont have human occupants you don’t need seats in a car. That’s why they sell cargo vans with no seats. If you dont have passengers you can remove that seat also.
Mail trucks have only one seat. So do some delivery trucks.

Old 12-31-2018, 03:12 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Years ago, I built a ramp for my Shepherd, when he tore his acl in hind leg.
All it is , is plywood with carpeting covering it, and 2 - 2"x3" pieces to support the plywood.
Very simple to make.
I store it in the pickup bed when not used.

Bob.
Attached Thumbnails
Removing Front Passenger Seat-dsc02944.jpg   Removing Front Passenger Seat-dsc02945.jpg  

Old 12-31-2018, 03:43 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Thanks so much for your post, Calguy. Your ramp looks a lot sturdier than the ones I've seen for sale online.

Old 12-31-2018, 03:58 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Thanks so much for your post, Calguy. Your ramp looks a lot sturdier than the ones I've seen for sale online.
It sure is a lot better than that crap being sold online.

It took me about 30 minutes to make.
Obviously the longer you make it, the less the incline of the ramp.
For my truck, and the dog, this size is perfect.

He is completely healed from the acl injury, but as a safety precaution, I will always use the ramp.

As for removing your passenger seat, that should not be a problem.
I know of no laws prohibiting it.

As for your air bag set up, I can't comment,because I have no idea how it is wired.
I disabled the passenger side just by turning the key in the slot provided to disable it.

Bob.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:03 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
I carried home a 50" TV in a Honda CRX by removing the front seat. It barely fit.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:05 PM

Thanks again, Calguy. I may contact some woodworkers or handymen to see if they can make a similar ramp that's wide enough for an old dog with poor eyesight. But I'm also going to take the Jeep to a shop and see what they say about removing the seat and the airbag issue.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:33 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,967,503 times
here are some different ideas which we have used for our gods (dogs):

1. lifting harness. Amazon has hundreds.
2. lowering gas shocks like the old "low riders".
3. removing the rear seat.

#3 works best for us. we have a 2000 van
and we removed the rear middle seats.
#2 works, but it is the most expensive.
#1 is the best if you can lift 100 lbs. "live" weight.

Last edited by turkeydance; 12-31-2018 at 05:14 PM..

Old 12-31-2018, 05:21 PM

Thanks, turkeydance. I've looked into lifting harnesses and may try that in addition to having someone make a wide ramp for me. My vehicle is just a two-door and removing the rear seat isnt an option.

Old 12-31-2018, 05:28 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,993,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Years ago, I built a ramp for my Shepherd, when he tore his acl in hind leg.
All it is , is plywood with carpeting covering it, and 2 - 2"x3" pieces to support the plywood.
Very simple to make.
I store it in the pickup bed when not used.

Bob.
Did the exact same thing.

Unless disabled, anyone can make this with the use of simple tools.

Just about any independent lumber yard will cut all of the boards for you. Just about any home store or carpet store will cut the carpet. Some nails, screws, tacks, or glue and done. Some independent lumber yards will assemble for you if you explain your situation. Copy the picture above to show what you require.

OR if you require a handyman - go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive