Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 08:37 AM

686 posts, read 806,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I can agree with that but if you can remain firm and unemotional there are effective ways to deal with that.
agreed... I had to use self control and poise because If I wasn't there for an emotional army wife, I would have left after 1 hour. At the end of the day the goal was accomplished and she is now in a safe and reliable van for her and the children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 08:46 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman6 View Post
agreed... I had to use self control and poise because If I wasn't there for an emotional army wife, I would have left after 1 hour. At the end of the day the goal was accomplished and she is now in a safe and reliable van for her and the children.
So i guess you hate every sales person i really bet you hare going to buy furniture, or a big screen tv. You should just stick to buying off line or used everything. You’re free to buy we’re you want to but just stop complaining about everything.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
So i guess you hate every sales person i really bet you hare going to buy furniture, or a big screen tv. You should just stick to buying off line or used everything. You’re free to buy we’re you want to but just stop complaining about everything.
do you negotiate when you buy a house, furniture, or a car? if so, why ?

In this scenario you'd be ok with the dealer agreeing on numbers over the phone, knowing the situation of the buyer, and then them trying to run their process like they never listened or agreed to to the details? Highly doubt it.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:01 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
Quote:
There are plenty of dealerships with no-haggle prices but people want to haggle anyway.

True, but that same 20XX model car that is $14 or 15k on 5-10 dealer lots, is now $16 or 17K at the no haggle lots. i would respect no haggle if the [rice is in line with others.

The only no haggle I would deal wit is probably Hertz car sales, as I already know what I would be getting myself into. Carmax is WAAAAAY over priced and after 90 day warranty expires, it is the same car that you could have gotten at the other lot that had it for $2-4K cheaper.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:26 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:
Answer the question. What percentage profit margin do you think they make? $1000 on a $25K transaction is still just 4%.
A dealer would be doing well at $1000 per car. The money in todays dealership is made in the finance department and service. Selling new cars is a way to build a service base.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:38 AM

133 posts, read 75,325 times
Quote:
Triggered? Man turn off the fox news...LOL.

you are right.... I have nothing, nothing to say to you because you are obviously a millionaire making payments on vehicles....I cant argue with stupid because stupid wins every time... Congrats on your city data forum victory. Take the earnings and invest them in your high yield accounts. Or better yet pay off you loans.. lol Clown

Old 10-09-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
A dealer would be doing well at $1000 per car. The money in todays dealership is made in the finance department and service. Selling new cars is a way to build a service base.
I asked the F&I manager how many vehicles on average sold at their dealership monthly. She said around about 600 combined new and used. Their dealer doc fee on each vehicle is $800 (not including dmv and “other” fees listed for $244). They are basically making $480k per month or $5.7M per year in doc fees alone. That doesn’t include net profit on the front end, F&I product margins, or service and accessories. Dealers are doing just fine in today’s market.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:50 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:
I asked the F&I manager how many vehicles on average sold at their dealership monthly. She said around about 600 combined new and used. Their dealer doc fee on each vehicle is $800 (not including dmv and “other” fees listed for $244). They are basically making $480k per month or $5.7M per year in doc fees alone. That doesn’t include net profit on the front end, F&I product margins, or service and accessories. Dealers are doing just fine in today’s market.
My point is that gross profit margin on the actual car is not the primary profit driver in a dealership. Many states don't have $800 "doc" fees. If you are unhappy with that talk to your state legislators, they are responsible for that at the behest of their automotive industry campaign donors.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
My point is that gross profit margin on the actual car is not the primary profit driver in a dealership. Many states don't have $800 "doc" fees. If you are unhappy with that talk to your state legislators, they are responsible for that at the behest of their automotive industry campaign donors.
I am fully aware and understand your point. However, Doc fees are not state mandated but just about every dealer tacks them on. Some dealers here in NC don’t have them but their max allowed is $800 so naturally most have them set at the max. The Max varies per state.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:57 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
What dealership is this that is selling on average 600 cars monthly with dealer doc fee of 800.00?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive