Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 12:30 AM

659 posts, read 1,173,464 times

Advertisements

They, the military, know where the plane is they are just strategizing how to apprehend the hijackers and save the passengers. The news has to be continually wrong or else the hijacker, who are most likely watching the news, would know that they have been found.

This is already done deal and soon a whole constructed story will comes out...

Thing is initial containment of the passengers will be key in the event they were exposed to communicable biological agents.

Never in history have this many military resource responded to a "crashed" plane.

THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO THIS!!

Don;t be distracted by the obvious

Last edited by UNITYinternational; 03-16-2014 at 01:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 01:33 AM

31,927 posts, read 27,007,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
Would like to know more about the past and background of the passenger Paul Weeks.

Btw, I can't find a complete passengers list. Is there one?
Passenger lists for commercial flights are not released normally unless there is a confirmation of a major incident. One cannot even contact an airline to confirm if this or that passenger is indeed on a flight, they just will release that information.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:19 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,836,449 times
Quote:
Would like to know more about the past and background of the passenger Paul Weeks.

Btw, I can't find a complete passengers list. Is there one?

Posted various places. Here's one:
Malaysia Airlines (Boeing 777) Flight MH370 Crash into the Sea!! UPDATES!!

Old 03-16-2014, 05:39 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,204,659 times
Something is really off with this incident and I am starting to believe that the Malaysian government is withholding information as it may have something to do with Malaysian politics.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-sodomite.html
I cannot believe the media are interviewing family members of passengers who have no knowledge of flying a plane, but no one interviewed or has seen the family members of the pilot or co-pilot after more than a week!

Last edited by GoldenTiger; 03-16-2014 at 05:49 AM..

Old 03-16-2014, 06:04 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,553,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
From what I understand the plane is pressurized, so unless there was a breach somewhere, air in the cabin should have been fine. Can the pilot vent the air? I know with the Greek plane crash (Wikipedia article) the valve was not set properly before takeoff. Although that article says the passenger oxygen masks are only for a short amount of time (12 minutes' worth of air, on a 737) although there was evidence that people on that plane were alive (but not necessarily conscious) when the plane crashed 3 hours after the masks were deployed. It also says that cabin crew have access to longer sources of air, so a flight attendant was able to enter the cockpit and attempted to fly the plane just before it crashed.
You can manually adjust the pressurization, yes. The Helios crash was a sad case of multiple steps skipped and/or overlooked, resulting in a preventable accident. I believed that the cabin altitude could only be increased to a certain amount, <15k feet, manually as to protect against an error in the plane's outflow valve. Maybe you can override it completely.

It has been stated that the climb to ~45k feet was to kill those the aircraft without oxygen. I don't really see that as necessary. The time of useful consciousness isn't much different at 35k feet or 45k, maybe 30 seconds or so. It would have taken more than 30 seconds to climb to that altitude, anyway.

Exact numbers:

Time of useful consciousness at FL 350: 30-60 seconds.
Time of useful consciousness at FL 450: 9-15 seconds.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:40 AM

43,682 posts, read 44,425,236 times
This article seems to have a good timeline on the situation.

Malaysia Airlines MH370 live: pilots investigated as fears of '9/11 style plot' grow - Telegraph

Old 03-16-2014, 07:07 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,143,235 times
There are too many theories out there. I have even heard that maybe they snuck hijackers and a trained pilot in Malaysia and his them in the flight crew resting area above everyone else and after an hour they took over the plane.

Until they find this plane, a new theory will come out each day.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:18 AM

43,682 posts, read 44,425,236 times
The following theory seems not possible unless at least one of the pilots was in on it and I assume the pilot could overide this:
Missing Malaysia Airlines plane may have been 'cyber-hijacked' using mobile phone | World | News | Daily Express

Old 03-16-2014, 07:36 AM

5,241 posts, read 6,152,814 times
I think with the US leading the pack (it seems) we will ultimately know the reasons and those behind this....It is just going to be time consuming with the maylasian gvt giving out small details prior to this weekend and now finally it appears they are opening up.

I don't think the plane will be found for quite awhile, and maybe debris will eventually be found but the exact crash site will might never be found.

One thing for sure is Boeing and Airbus will be engineering a device that is away from the cockpit and tamper proof in order to track the planes.......although the remoteness of this incident is truly unique.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:57 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,991 times
Quote:
I found some, including the CNN interview of his wife. I understand that one is prepared for the worst before taking a plane, but taking off your wedding ring? and such detailed "will" what to do with the ring and watch? Plus his past military background and being mechanical engineer.
He couldn't wear them while working in the mines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation