Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2017, 05:18 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times

Advertisements

Will an airline even considering booking their must fly employees on a competing airline before bumping customers or is that just too big of a mental jump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 05:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I don't think the lady can learn.
I read eye witness accounts - and saw video - that showed a pretty hysterical guy - prior to the head injury.

Audra Bridges shared a 31 second video of the doctor prior to his head injury in which he can be heard screaming and squealing and can be seen fighting the security officer who is trying (ridiculously in my opinion) to forcibly remove him from the seat. She also states that he was "very upset" and on the phone with his lawyer prior to the head injury.

United Flight 3411: A timeline

And here's the video - remember that this is his behavior prior to the head injury that he received by hitting his head on an armrest as he fought and screamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zthf2IKkBk

Look, once again, I'm not saying that United was justified, but damn. Just get off the plane instead of screaming and fighting.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:20 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Will an airline even considering booking their must fly employees on a competing airline before bumping customers or is that just too big of a mental jump?
I keep hearing about these 'must fly' employees but we never hear about 'must fly' passengers.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:23 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
The only thing certain is that certain people are unavoidably detained...(mentally).

Old 04-14-2017, 05:33 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I read eye witness accounts - and saw video - that showed a pretty hysterical guy - prior to the head injury.

Audra Bridges shared a 31 second video of the doctor prior to his head injury in which he can be heard screaming and squealing and can be seen fighting the security officer who is trying (ridiculously in my opinion) to forcibly remove him from the seat. She also states that he was "very upset" and on the phone with his lawyer prior to the head injury.

United Flight 3411: A timeline

And here's the video - remember that this is his behavior prior to the head injury that he received by hitting his head on an armrest as he fought and screamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zthf2IKkBk

Look, once again, I'm not saying that United was justified, but damn. Just get off the plane instead of screaming and fighting.
No it is not prior to the head injury. Once they lay hand on him they may very well have hurt in. So it is the period before they touch him that is being discussed. After they knocked him unconscious it is not unlikely he made little noise.

In the period before he is touched I do not hear any screaming or loud noise.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:34 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I keep hearing about these 'must fly' employees but we never hear about 'must fly' passengers.
Unless you own the aircraft I don't think there are any must fly passengers

Old 04-14-2017, 05:35 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
No it is not prior to the head injury. Once they lay hand on him they may very well have hurt in. So it is the period before they touch him that is being discussed. After they knocked him unconscious it is not unlikely he made little noise.

In the period before he is touched I do not hear any screaming or loud noise.
He was knocked unconscious? I hadn't heard that one until now

Old 04-14-2017, 05:41 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
These "police" acted like members of some street gang. The should be brought up on criminal charges.
They may be, especially if they did not have the authority to board the plane. Pretty astounding that no one in Chicago has clearly answered that.

If they weren't supposed to be there, then I would imagine just touching the doc constitutes assault.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:41 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Unless you own the aircraft I don't think there are any must fly passengers
If the bird and conditions are not right there are no "must fly" persons including the pilot. Airlines use each others planes sometimes to get crew to a job. I have ridden with other airline flight crew personnel a couple of times. The sending airline can always buy a ticket if worse comes to worse.

I would also note that a couple of times it was in first class and it may well have been an informal upgrade. Flight crews like each other.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:50 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I just hate that this particular guy is probably going to get millions of dollars in a settlement. He has a criminal background. He was convicted of trading sex for drugs in Kentucky awhile back and lost his license to practice medicine, and was only recently allowed a provisional license to practice medicine ONE day a week at his wife's practice. When he had his own practice, he was so belligerent and verbally abusive and spring loaded that he had a lot of staff turnover. And by the way, sure, sex is sex, but just for the record, this married father of five was trading sex with a MAN for drugs.

He was part of the huge opiate scandal in the Rust Belt in the early 2000s.

He's a jerk. Did he deserve to get treated like he did by United? Probably not. But still - I fly a lot and I never would have acted like he did. Honestly - breaking away from security and running BACK into the plane and hanging onto some pole or whatever in the plane and screaming "I HAVE TO GO HOME, I HAVE TO GO HOME????" Where was his wife then by the way?

United mishandled this but I stand by my assertion that this guy is a freaking idiot.
It's not as though the personnel started googling passengers real quick, and were like, "huh, this guy's shady, he'll be the one we kick off the plane!" His criminal record is irrelevant - it could have been anyone.

Also, nice homophobia. But way to do UA's PR hacks' jobs for them, I guess?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation