Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 12:26 PM

1,973 posts, read 6,806,622 times

Advertisements

I had heard about the Roland Park Company link. It seems to be somewhat weak. As the article below shows the builder was not the tony Roland Park Company but the Dundalk Company, headed by Edward Bouton, who also was president of the RPC. Thus the RPC seldom mentioned Dundalk in its literature. In any event, the Dundalk Company was soon replaced
Dundalk's History - Dundalk Renaissance Corporation
Nothing that I have learned about Dundalk since the original post has changed my mind. For unpretentious home hunters in today's market it represents an opportunity. Is it for everyone? Clearly not, as several posts here show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 09:07 PM

648 posts, read 1,174,226 times
So interesting how people want to make something all good or all bad. Obviously, yes- Dundalk & surrounding areas can be some of the most ugliest, most depressing places on earth. But then you can focus in on the pretty parts too, and make it look good. You can make a coffee table book out of even the worst places on earth if you really want to. So yes, it's both charming and downright decrepit. It's also been well-known as the 'Cancer Capital of Maryland' for quite some time. Wonder how many generations that will take to clean up....?? Or is even trying? If it 'comes back', more power to it. But I've heard about every area in Baltimore 'coming back' over & over for so long I just don't believe any of it anymore. Besides, 'coming back' pretty much always means GENTRIFICATION.... which ends up destroying the real charm of a place anyway.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:06 AM

2 posts, read 8,756 times
I find many sections of Dundalk to be, generally decent places to live and visit. What does worry me is that my Son lives on Holabird Avenue and has 2 children ages 4 and 2. My grandkids will be going to school soon and the schools are not as good as other areas of Baltimore County. Walking to school may not be the safest thing either; drug dealings in their immediate neighborhood.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:34 PM

10 posts, read 24,415 times
Default Excellent photos!

Right on sir! I haven't seen what nurider2002 apperently has, instead...only the opposite. Great pics on site ursusdave. Feels like being at home.Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusdave View Post
nurider2002, go defecate in your fedora.

The Dundalk you post about is a figment of your fertilized imagination.

I drove cabs into Baltimore slums and you don't know what you are talking about when you say Dundalk is worse.

There are some good restaurants in Dundalk, and there isn't a thing you can do to change that reality.

Here is Merritt Blvd:
More photos of the real Dundalk:

All photographs by David Robert Crews {a.k.a. ursusdave}

Anyone interested in seeing tons more photographs of the real Dundalk, Maryland can find them here: ursusdave's photosets on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ursusdave/sets/ - broken link)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore