Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 07:45 AM

7 posts, read 17,739 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

It's about time for me to schedule my auto maintenance . Any suggestions? I don't want to go to jiffy Lube b/c of their reputation nor do I want to go anywhere that will make me feel uncomfortable (location, employees, price). Idk why this has to be as difficult as it is. Some places have good prices but bad reputations, others say their quick but then you read the reviews and they have customers complaining about how long the service took. I've actually had to wait for 2+ hours before. I just want a decent oil change, at a decent price, at a decent location, and wait a decent amount of time. I don't want to keep jumping from company to company anymore. I stick to the same dentist, same hairstylist, WHY CAN'T THIS BE EASY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 08:11 AM

74 posts, read 248,933 times
Good reason to get a Haynes manual and undertake it yourself. Then you know they haven't cross-threaded your drain plug as has happened to people. Good luck!!

Old 01-31-2011, 08:20 AM

773 posts, read 2,632,215 times
You could take it to a dealer and they won't make you feel uncomfortable. They are in the business of getting new customers for new car sales, and they will treat you with respect. You will pay more, but not that much more.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:51 AM

106 posts, read 301,103 times
I second a dealership. I take my car to College Park Honda. I know that's not in Baltimore, but I pass up 3 other Honda dealerships and several quickie oil change places because the services is fast and they are all about customer service.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:56 AM

3 posts, read 10,787 times
I've always heard bad things about Jiffy Lube SMH. But, a friend of mine used a company and they apparently do oil changes at your location. They went to her home. I just googled it's called "RoyalT, LLC Mobile Oil Change" If you are interested, I can call her and get info about her experience w/ them, if you'd like.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:35 PM

1,349 posts, read 3,574,838 times
I use valvoline on ritchie highway, its a drive in, drive out 15ish minute process. you don't even have to leave your car. Never had a line more than 1 car in front of me, usually none. Its a little more expensive than the cheapo places (its like $30 for conventional I think) but you get to a point in your life that a few extra dollars matters less than your time and headaches.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:01 PM

Thanks all. tnl1 & bong477.I need that convenience. I'll check on both of these options. In the mean time, any more suggestions? tnl1 I wish you had first hand experience with that on-site company.
SMH. Bong477, I totally agree that it's worth a little extra money to get the convenience I want.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:11 PM

Ok so, I called the mobile oil change company earlier so, we'll see how this goes! Its scheduled for tomorrow. But the price sounds good $59.99 for synthetic oil w/ all the bells and whistles as well. I will Check back after the maintenance is done.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:16 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,348,792 times
$59.99 is good? (ah didn't realize at first that they're coming to you, I guess that's not bad) I actually just took mine to the dealership and it was $39.99 which I thought was high. But I usually go to Midas where it's like $25 for the oil change, tire rotation and courtesy check. I've went to a few different locations and I think I liked the one in Towson the best.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:02 AM

280 posts, read 675,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
$59.99 is good? (ah didn't realize at first that they're coming to you, I guess that's not bad) I actually just took mine to the dealership and it was $39.99 which I thought was high. But I usually go to Midas where it's like $25 for the oil change, tire rotation and courtesy check. I've went to a few different locations and I think I liked the one in Towson the best.

I agree with the above. I go to the one on Harford Rd. and they get it done right, quickly and cheap. It's nice to get the tires rotated too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore