Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 05:15 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,759,177 times

Advertisements

Here are Baltimore skyline photos that I got from flickr. heres what Baltimore looks like now, but in about 10 or so years, if 10 inner harbor, 300 E. Pratt, and naign towers (broken link) get built, The skyline will be drastically different. So here is what it looks like for now. enjoy MDs biggest city

Images by A.J. , Flickr, Baltimore at Night on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Idle Type, Flickr, baltimore night on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

brighterworlds, Flickr, view of Baltimore from our hotel room on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

BoSoxBrent, Flickr, The Baltimore Skyline on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

jayayess1190, flickr, Baltimore on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

jayayess1190, Flickr, Baltimore on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Aaron Webb, Flickr, Baltimore Skyline on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Hoya99, Flickr, Baltimore, MD on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mustachio_2k1, Flickr, Baltimore '06 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

David Davies, Flickr, Downtown Baltimore on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Norma Tub, Flickr, 06-28-05 IR Baltimore Skyline on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://flickr.com/photos/velvetfriction/22262132/ - broken link)

Idle Type, Flickr, inner harbor twilight on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

taelcat, Flickr, Baltimore Skyline on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

ryan97ou, Flickr, baltimore ship on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Archibabble, Flickr, Baltimore on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

ryan97ou, Flickr, downtown baltimore waterfront on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

ErinsWorld, Flickr, Good Morning Baltimore! on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Iarsicus, Flickr, Ball of Fire over West Baltimore on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

frankie two thumbs, Flickr, Baltimore on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

bunkosquad, Flickr, Camden Yards on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Blog-Sothoth, Flickr, Downtown on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Its Unique, Flickr, City Skyline on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

M Dot, Flickr, 032607 - My New Home Baltimore City - Downtown Skyline on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

teague03, flickr, downtown, seen from Patterson Park Pagoda on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

andertho, Flickr, Dog Atop the City on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 07:12 PM

131 posts, read 648,261 times
Thanks for the nice shots of Charm City.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:04 AM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
The first couple photos actually made Baltimore look nice and I could pretend it wasn't just a dying, depressing Northeast city. But that depressing feel honestly set in in the later pictures of the snow and frost, the gray trainyards and the old, depressing brick rowhouses.

I don't know what people find charming about the row houses in Baltimore and other East Coast cities. They have a very depressing, forlorn feel. I really wish they build 10 Inner Harbor quickly. Baltimore would be a pleasant place if all those rowhouses were demolished and made way for new glass skyscrapers like the ones in the Inner Harbor. And if there were twice as many sunny days and the average temperatures were 10 or 15 degrees warmer and fall didn't start until November.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:56 PM

3 posts, read 107,906 times
Hi
We are moving to baltimore from the uk within the next month or two, your pictures are beautiful, we can't wait to see these views for real soon

Old 08-24-2007, 05:13 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,219,968 times
Thanks for the photo's...Looks beautiful...thats the Baltimore I know...

Old 08-27-2007, 08:33 PM

Yeah, me too. Actually, although not too tall, i think Baltimore is a little impressive for its skyline. its very dense too

Old 08-28-2007, 03:01 AM

1,489 posts, read 8,795,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
The first couple photos actually made Baltimore look nice and I could pretend it wasn't just a dying, depressing Northeast city. But that depressing feel honestly set in in the later pictures of the snow and frost, the gray trainyards and the old, depressing brick rowhouses.

I don't know what people find charming about the row houses in Baltimore and other East Coast cities. They have a very depressing, forlorn feel. I really wish they build 10 Inner Harbor quickly. Baltimore would be a pleasant place if all those rowhouses were demolished and made way for new glass skyscrapers like the ones in the Inner Harbor. And if there were twice as many sunny days and the average temperatures were 10 or 15 degrees warmer and fall didn't start until November.
Southern Row houses look a nice nicer. In Richmond in the Fan there are rows and rows of Victorian row houses with lots of large white columns and big verandas in front. Charleston and Savannah have the same thing.

Washington DC is a lot nicer looking than Baltibore.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:21 AM

Thanks for such a posititve post there vasinger!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:06 PM

hey so, someone asked for updates on the photos, so here it goes!

for more photos, check this thread out http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=450800

Old 02-07-2008, 09:20 PM

915 posts, read 3,179,750 times
Hi there, it was me :P
Thanks for the pictures....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore