Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 03:26 PM

163 posts, read 259,623 times

Advertisements

Its gonna be fights galore. All you're gonna hear is dudes in carpis w/ cornrows sreaming "yo" and dudes in skinny jeans w/ dreads sreamin "cuz".
smh lol.

It's supposed to be on the Alameda....

D.C. Caribbean Parade Decamps to Baltimore: DCist

Can't wait
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 04:14 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,518,729 times
The Alameda? That's a funny place for a festival.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:09 PM

1,973 posts, read 6,810,192 times
Default Caribbean confusion

I am not your best source on this because too many things I don't know about. But the Caribbean community, rather than being unified, is badly fractured. So in years past we have had several competing Caribbean events, organized under different names. One has always been held in Druid Hill Park.
As to the Clifton Park site, it seems to be pretty far from any area favored by Caribbean residents. A large concentration is in Pimlico, up the street from Druid Hill Park. But the proximity to a Caribbean residential area really won't matter if the D.C. festival moves to Baltimore. Yo, mon.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:50 AM

8,245 posts, read 13,364,466 times
Yeah... I thought it was going to be in Druid Hill also.. Most large ethnic festivals are either at Druid or Patterson.. and since most Caribbean folks live in the NW.. Druid would be my bet.. Thats where its been in the past....

I believe DC shut down the festival because of all the negative activity that occurred afterwards on and off of Georgia Ave. I cant imagine all those DC folks coming up to Baltimore though.. I know a few will but most probably wont.. since they consider us BAMA after all....LOL

Old 06-07-2012, 01:11 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,426,825 times
Default Lmao..

Most Black folks in Baltimore are BAMMAs!! But we still need to keep this cultural thing going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Yeah... I thought it was going to be in Druid Hill also.. Most large ethnic festivals are either at Druid or Patterson.. and since most Caribbean folks live in the NW.. Druid would be my bet.. Thats where its been in the past....

I believe DC shut down the festival because of all the negative activity that occurred afterwards on and off of Georgia Ave. I cant imagine all those DC folks coming up to Baltimore though.. I know a few will but most probably wont.. since they consider us BAMA after all....LOL

Old 06-09-2012, 08:25 AM

1,973 posts, read 6,810,192 times
Default More to it

Had dinner with friends in Silver Spring last night and someone brought up the move of the festival to Baltimore. I was told the sponsoring organization had to leave town because it had racked up huge unpaid debts. So here's something you may like, Baltimore, if the grand prix is not to your taste.
I hope they at least have good weed.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:02 AM

8,245 posts, read 13,364,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barante View Post
Had dinner with friends in Silver Spring last night and someone brought up the move of the festival to Baltimore. I was told the sponsoring organization had to leave town because it had racked up huge unpaid debts. So here's something you may like, Baltimore, if the grand prix is not to your taste.
I hope they at least have good weed.

What??????!!!!... you mean to tell me that the City is going to underwrite another failing group that mismanages their money when sponsoring these types of activities??? First the Grand Prix now the DC Baltimore Carib Festival? Seems like someone at City Hall got a hold of that Weed ...barante...when they made that decision..... I am all in favor of more cultural events/activities but the City shouldnt just allow any groups race cars or conch fritters to come to town and continue making bad business decisions for city taxpayers to foot the bill in all in the name of attempting to become a "world class" city.. We will quickly become a "world azz" city instead...I am going to write a proposal to the Mayor

Dear Mayor

I would like to put on a festival in the City...I have no money.. no experience, and have been run out of several cities because of this.. I think Baltimore is an ideal location for my festival.. dont ask what it is because I am still working on a title.. but it will be great and the people of Baltimore will love it and it will make the City World Class and get alot of press. All you have to do is loan me $1.5 Million... provide police as security along with fire protection, port a johns, hire the bands, and have parks and rec take care of the maintenance.. all I will provide is the idea...

Thanks Ms Mayor.. Look forward to working with you. Attached is my account number for the unamed event for you to deposit the Citizens of Baltimores tax dollars... My address unfortunately is a Post Office Box.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 AM

354 posts, read 785,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptkid View Post
Its gonna be fights galore. All you're gonna hear is dudes in carpis w/ cornrows sreaming "yo" and dudes in skinny jeans w/ dreads sreamin "cuz".
smh lol.

It's supposed to be on the Alameda....

D.C. Caribbean Parade Decamps to Baltimore: DCist

Can't wait
wont be any dc vs baltimore fights. the fighting at the dc caribbean fest is usually by the lil around-the-way hoodrats.

Pretty Girls Should Never Fight: Redbones Vs Brownskin Brawl At DC Carnival 2011 At Georgia Ave! - YouTube

D.C. Caribbean Fest 2011 Brawl @ Howard University Pt. 2 - YouTube

im certain none of them will travel to baltimore. the dc folks that go will actually be going for the festivities not just to be seen and start sh*t

Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,861 times
Hmmm. I wonder if the Baltimore folks will see men wearing nothing but a g-strings and red mud smeared all over them, or a woman grinding her butt on her man (at least I assume it's her man) at the Caribbean festival this year, like I had once seen at the festival in DC? That was back in the 90s when I saw those wonderful displays of whatever. But hey, that was enough to keep me away for a decade-plus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore