Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 08:45 PM

12 posts, read 255,207 times

Advertisements

I'm about to enter the world of commuters- traveling to DC everyday from Baltimore starting next month . I live close to Penn station- not walking distance but a 10min drive from falls road. Does anyone know how much should i expect to pay at the Penn Station Garage (monthly or daily) and if there are other options available. I would prefer to park in a Garage or a lot over street parking. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 10:51 PM

63 posts, read 259,499 times
Parking at Penn Station is $12 / day; I don't know if they have a monthly deal. The Light Rail goes directly to Penn Station. Depending on where you are on Falls Road, you could park your car at one of the northern Light Rail stations and get to Penn Station there.

Maryland Transit Administration (http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/lightrail/ - broken link)

Old 09-24-2007, 09:27 AM

165 posts, read 533,197 times
JDinBalt-

Do you know what time you have to get to Penn Station Parking to get a spot?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinBalt View Post
Parking at Penn Station is $12 / day; I don't know if they have a monthly deal. The Light Rail goes directly to Penn Station. Depending on where you are on Falls Road, you could park your car at one of the northern Light Rail stations and get to Penn Station there.

Maryland Transit Administration (http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/lightrail/ - broken link)

Old 09-24-2007, 09:11 PM

553 posts, read 1,706,644 times
I used to do this commute and I live in Hamilton, and I found the best bet was to drive to the West Baltimore Station where parking is free (provided you get there early enough).

Old 09-24-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinBalt View Post

I'm 5min drive from Mt. washington but as per at the MTA website, it doesn't look like there is any direct connection between Mt. washington and Penn- I think I'll have to go south to mt royal and then change to a northbound light rail to penn. I think i read somewhere about a shuttle service between the two stations but cant find any information about it on the MTA site. Does anyone know about it?

Old 09-25-2007, 04:48 AM

57 posts, read 282,948 times
If you take the light rail south the Mt. Royal. You'll be better off just walking to Penn Station from that point as it's only about 5 minutes away. The "shuttle" only runs every 15 minutes or so and even then doesn't get you there all that much quicker. Whoever designed the light rail system really screwed up by not making Penn Station a stop on the main line.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas1882 View Post
If you take the light rail south the Mt. Royal. You'll be better off just walking to Penn Station from that point as it's only about 5 minutes away. The "shuttle" only runs every 15 minutes or so and even then doesn't get you there all that much quicker. Whoever designed the light rail system really screwed up by not making Penn Station a stop on the main line.
Walking is not a bad idea. it's not a long walk but is the area safe at night /early morning times?

Old 09-26-2007, 04:50 AM

57 posts, read 282,948 times
The area is right next to the University of Baltimore. I don't think you'd feel uncomfortable at all.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:28 PM

so far I'm able to find a spot at around 7AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanlev View Post
JDinBalt-

Do you know what time you have to get to Penn Station Parking to get a spot?

Thanks!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 43,051 times
Does anyone know if you are allowed to leave your car overnight at the Penn Station parking? I will be in DC for work Monday night - Wednesday afternoon. I have only used the Penn parking once and it was for the daytime.

Thank you,
Elizabeth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: