Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 02:18 PM

15 posts, read 20,484 times

Advertisements

Baltimore wasn't much to start with before the riots. Lots of homeless and worn out types hanging on downtown corners. Now they have turned violent and police are stepping back. The city will end up like Detroit. The state can no longer support the lawlessness of Baltimore. Mafia keeps Little Italy safe and looking nice. Anyone who sneaks in there to break in, is found with legs broken on the edge of Little Italy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 03:15 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,455,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uobeat01 View Post
Baltimore wasn't much to start with before the riots. Lots of homeless and worn out types hanging on downtown corners. Now they have turned violent and police are stepping back. The city will end up like Detroit. The state can no longer support the lawlessness of Baltimore. Mafia keeps Little Italy safe and looking nice. Anyone who sneaks in there to break in, is found with legs broken on the edge of Little Italy.
Its obvious you aren't here or from here

Old 06-01-2015, 03:47 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,864 times
All this negativity on these boards?! Lol!

Old 06-01-2015, 03:49 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,864 times
"Mafia keeps Little Italy safe and looking nice."

*THE WHO??!!! Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uobeat01 View Post

Old 06-01-2015, 05:29 PM

675 posts, read 723,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
The ghetto-ness within Baltimore is unrepairable!!! You have to clean up the ghetto and poverty consciousness first.
I agree with your statement consciousness first.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:10 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,509,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Unproductive people are being replaced with productive people. That's what it happening. Nobody is complaining about being around Greenmount and North ave being replaced with artists and other creative types of all colors Or pigtown, Broadway with yuppies.
I wouldn't say "nobody" is complaining. I hear complaining about what is happening at Greenmount and North. I don't agree - but I hear the complaints. Heck, today I heard a complaint that the guys hanging around drinking and throwing trash outside a Greemount Ave. liquor store aren't getting a fair shake. That's what I love about Baltimore; no matter what you are up to, there is always somebody in your corner.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:16 PM

372 posts, read 533,779 times
Please forgive me, but Charm City has always been an oxymoron, with some surrounding areas of absolute beauty.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:06 AM

16,553 posts, read 10,614,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Unproductive people are being replaced with productive people. That's what it happening. Nobody is complaining about being around Greenmount and North ave being replaced with artists and other creative types of all colors Or pigtown, Broadway with yuppies.
Greenmount & North is improving? Really? I haven't been there in years, and haven't had the least desire to go; but I find the mere concept of that area being anything better than a dump to be amazing!

Old 06-02-2015, 11:13 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,255,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
"Mafia keeps Little Italy safe and looking nice."

*THE WHO??!!! Lol!

Picturing Pete Townshend patrolling Albemarle St., keeping potential evildoers in line with the threat of having a Gibson SG broken over their heads, then being impaled with its neck.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:19 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,255,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansea View Post
Please forgive me, but Charm City has always been an oxymoron, with some surrounding areas of absolute beauty.

Not always, only since the mid-1970's, when the City Council contrived that thoroughly sickening moniker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore