Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:18 AM

1,175 posts, read 2,899,371 times

Advertisements

Baltimore has tons of nightlife for all crowds I would check out Federal Hill, Locust Point, Harbor East, Canton, Fells Point, Mt. Vernon, Mt. Washington, Charles Village and Hampden and see which your feeling the most. If you live in Harbor East, Fells or Little Italy you can walk to the others in that group and maybe also Canton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 10:25 AM

13,369 posts, read 27,026,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss37 View Post
Thanks for the links, I contacted the Fitz for more info.
You said its quiet but next to Mt. Vernon. What is that area like?
There are many clubs and bars in Mount Vernon, including some gay and lesbian ones. It is a nice, lively area.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:44 AM

805 posts, read 2,114,714 times
Mt Vernon has a lot of restaurants and bars. You also have the Walters.

Get a bite to eat at City Cafe when you get a chance:
City Cafe Baltimore Restaurant | Mount Vernon Baltimore Restaurants | Pre Theater Dining in Baltimore | Best Baltimore Restaurants

Old 07-28-2013, 12:34 PM

66 posts, read 85,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLynch10 View Post
Baltimore has tons of nightlife for all crowds I would check out Federal Hill, Locust Point, Harbor East, Canton, Fells Point, Mt. Vernon, Mt. Washington, Charles Village and Hampden and see which your feeling the most. If you live in Harbor East, Fells or Little Italy you can walk to the others in that group and maybe also Canton.
Any ideas how to check out these individual neighborhoods form across the country? I picture a bit more upscale, 35-45 crowd, walk to restaurants and cafe's, and public transport to JHH. Have you ever been somewhere where the energy just felt good? A number of people talk about these neighborhoods you listed, just not sure how decipher each area. I like your idea of walkability!

I'm wondering if a high rise in downtown/inner harbor will leave me trying to find a place to walk to eat at night and not many people? I though maybe that was the place to be and based on some responses here I may have the wrong picture. Thanks!

Old 07-28-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
There are many clubs and bars in Mount Vernon, including some gay and lesbian ones. It is a nice, lively area.
I will look into it. My gut says the Fitz caters to the young intern crowd, but I'll see what they say. What do you think of some of the other neighborhoods people mentioned here. Little Italy, harbor east etc?

Old 07-28-2013, 05:36 PM

805 posts, read 2,114,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss37 View Post
harbor east etc?
Harbor East is the new trendy area and Little Italy is right next to it. Harbor East is nicer and has a lot of restaurants, some nice shops, and a decent grocery store. The metro is a few blocks away. I could almost see living it this area without a car which is rare for Baltimore.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboltonman View Post
Harbor East is the new trendy area and Little Italy is right next to it. Harbor East is nicer and has a lot of restaurants, some nice shops, and a decent grocery store. The metro is a few blocks away. I could almost see living it this area without a car which is rare for Baltimore.
Thanks!

Old 07-28-2013, 07:35 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,738,232 times
Harbor East is Baltimore's hip hood. I have a strong attachment personally to that neighborhood as I always use to walk pass that area on my way to work and remember when the first "skyscraper" went up. I remember seeing each vacant store front open up one by one and observed the steady flow of pedestrian and car traffic by each passing month and year. The Four Seasons / Legg Mason Tower was one of the last skyscrapers to be built and once completed solidified the neighborhood. There was also a huge "dead zone" along Alicenna St. between Harbor East and Boston Street that has only recently been filled in by new condos, store fronts, and other various enterprises. Certainly, not a cheap part of town, but the location is top notch as Harbor East sits between the Inner Harbor, Little Italy and Fells Point. I think what I love about Harbor East personally, is that it doesn't feel like it is part of Baltimore. It is so vibrant and clean.

Also, does anybody remember that awesome news stand shop that use to be on the corner of Alicenna and Central Ave. They had magazines and newspapers from all over the world! That place was simply awesome!

Old 07-28-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboltonman View Post
Mt Vernon has a lot of restaurants and bars. You also have the Walters.

Get a bite to eat at City Cafe when you get a chance:
City Cafe Baltimore Restaurant | Mount Vernon Baltimore Restaurants | Pre Theater Dining in Baltimore | Best Baltimore Restaurants
What is a Walters?

Old 07-29-2013, 04:47 AM

252 posts, read 425,161 times
Let me google that for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: