Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 08:07 AM

8,227 posts, read 13,345,033 times

Advertisements

Maybe I am crazy and slightly deranged.. and/or had one to many Duckpin Beers as I sat on the Marc Train at West Baltimore.. But as tweety bird from the Looney Tunes said.... "I taught a taw a puddy tat?" but in my case it looked like a drone flying over the West Baltimore Cityscape. I pointed out to a few fellow passengers and no one could make out what this dark object that looked about 6' by 6' and a few hundred feet was darting across the City.. It was too small to be Foxtrot and certainly not a remote control toy like you see in the mall... I remember there was some chatter on the news about Drones being deployed by MDOT? or some state agency to do various environmental readings/filming.. but over West Baltimore? Unless Amazon finally cranked up their delivery service....and was making a delivery somewhere....I do believe eventually if Drones are made legal to fly over cities.. Baltimore will be one of the first cities to get them for use in law enforcement.. Now whether they will be armed will another story..... but if some thugs shoots at them and they shoot back.. I am sure that would make quite an impression in the underworld.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 12:06 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,255,328 times
There's Radio-Control model airfield just east of the Baltimore Highlands Light Rail stop. It's also just north of I-895 and one time when I was driving on I-895 right about noon on a Saturday, I got really faked out when what I thought was a real airplane doing aerobatics right over downtown turned to be a model that was a lot closer. These aren't toys, and could easily be mistaken for drone-type aircraft.

But if you want aircraft paranoia, just wait until those two aerostats get deployed at Aberdeen.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:27 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,864 times
If this true, I'm not surprised. From my intel, some high advanced tech companies out of Northern Va. are developing drone insects (ex: mosquitoes) for better, up and personal surveillance. Brave new world people!

Old 01-31-2014, 02:05 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,538 times
I wouldn't mind seeing a few eye-level drones getting all in people's faces while patrolling the streets, if it brought the crime rate down. I saw an article in WSJ about R&D teams working on a swarm system of small drones for use by first responders. I say use Bmore as a test case for the criminal application; I'm serious.

Last edited by picardlx; 01-31-2014 at 02:14 PM..

Old 02-01-2014, 05:08 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,091,069 times
Its the new red light camera

Old 02-02-2014, 07:38 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,538 times
Could have been one of these ...
Beer-delivery drone grounded by FAA - CNN.com

Old 02-02-2014, 09:47 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Maybe I am crazy and slightly deranged.. and/or had one to many Duckpin Beers as I sat on the Marc Train at West Baltimore.. But as tweety bird from the Looney Tunes said.... "I taught a taw a puddy tat?" but in my case it looked like a drone flying over the West Baltimore Cityscape. I pointed out to a few fellow passengers and no one could make out what this dark object that looked about 6' by 6' and a few hundred feet was darting across the City.. It was too small to be Foxtrot and certainly not a remote control toy like you see in the mall... I remember there was some chatter on the news about Drones being deployed by MDOT? or some state agency to do various environmental readings/filming.. but over West Baltimore? Unless Amazon finally cranked up their delivery service....and was making a delivery somewhere....I do believe eventually if Drones are made legal to fly over cities.. Baltimore will be one of the first cities to get them for use in law enforcement.. Now whether they will be armed will another story..... but if some thugs shoots at them and they shoot back.. I am sure that would make quite an impression in the underworld.....
You know what people are going to think when you mention drones and Baltimore in the same sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: