Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 06:26 PM

142 posts, read 538,267 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if this area is safe?? I can't tell what neighborhood its actually in so I can't research it. It seems there are lots of rehab rentals in that area so I assume its up and coming...Google maps street view shows neighboring boarded up houses but maybe that's an old snapshot?? ANY help is MUCH appreciated!!

I meant 730 N Patterson Park AVE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 08:40 PM

11 posts, read 12,886 times
I've been told to steer clear of that area... but honestly, I'm a new resident so hopefully someone else can give better advice. But what I've been told by others is to stay south of Orleans street in that area.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:42 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,992,889 times
You can't figure out by accesses Google maps? The photos are less than two years ago!

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.2994...V23TSgSy8w!2e0

Old 07-11-2014, 05:31 AM

3,766 posts, read 4,105,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairefromsd View Post
I've been told to steer clear of that area... but honestly, I'm a new resident so hopefully someone else can give better advice. But what I've been told by others is to stay south of Orleans street in that area.

You have been told to steer clear of that area and you want someone else to give you better advice??? I don't think you can get any better advice than what you have already been given.

Tell us where you will be working or attending school, what amenities or areas you would like to be close to, whether you will be buying or renting and your price range, and you will get plenty of suggestions.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:06 AM

11 posts, read 12,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
You have been told to steer clear of that area and you want someone else to give you better advice??? I don't think you can get any better advice than what you have already been given.
Well, yeah, I think as someone who's been recommended to stay away from there but not having checked it out to be sure (being new, after all), a second opinion is good. I mean, some people told me to stay away from downtown and others said it was perfectly nice. Same with Butchers Hill - I've gotten advice both ways (not on this forum). I was also told at first Washington Hill isn't great, and then was told it was perfect for me, and then that it was a bad idea again.

More than one opinion is good, that was my point. So I stand by my statement that better advice (as in more opinions) is good.

So, yes, shannobanano, I've been told to stay away from that area (basically the area north of Patterson Park). However, it's possible some people on this board might say otherwise. That's just the advice I've gotten. From what I've been told, as well as some walking around and looking I've done, the areas to the west and south of the park are much better if you're looking to live over there. Of course, depending on what you're looking for, there might be even better neighborhoods to check out.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:21 AM

934 posts, read 1,063,209 times
I live just north of Patterson Park and work at the Hopkins Medical campus and I can tell you the block in question is not at all desirable. That's a nasty area. Steer clear. The closer to the park you get, the safer it gets (generally). I would never do anything north of Orleans and I would go south of Fayette if possible.

That said, the Patterson Park neighborhood itself (bound by Fayette to the north, the north edge of the park to the south, and Highland Ave to the east) is great. I love living here. Butcher's Hill is another nice neighborhood in that general vicinity, just west of the Patterson Park neighborhood.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:14 AM

102 posts, read 178,704 times
Stay away. War zone.

Stay within the 200 block and it's fine. Or if further north Washington st. is a better choice. But 700 N PPark is a no for me.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:16 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,752 times
The lack of trees on that block is huge turn-off.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:46 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,992,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
The lack of trees on that block is huge turn-off.
Trees would be nice! They could hide that chick with two barefoot babies that was "kicking it" on her stoop!

Old 07-13-2014, 06:56 PM

773 posts, read 2,631,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
You can't figure out by accesses Google maps? The photos are less than two years ago!

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.2994...V23TSgSy8w!2e0
Looks like finding a parking spot would not be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore