Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 02:22 PM

805 posts, read 2,114,714 times

Advertisements

I went to brunch today at b bistro and it was really good. I didn't get anything fancy just scrambled eggs with bacon, toast, water melon, and fries (hash brown) which was only $8. That's not a bad deal! I also got fresh squeezed orange juice which was very good but pricey at $6. My girlfriend got a mimosa and it was $7.5.

You can get 3 kinds of omelettes and pancakes. I'm not sure about the prices :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 04:29 PM

773 posts, read 2,630,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboltonman View Post
Hi Zea,

Great idea to check out b bistro.

Info:
1501 Bolton St
Baltimore, MD 21217
(410) 383-8600 www.b-bistro.com (http://www.yelp.com/biz_redir?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.b-bistro.com&src_bizid=zYNbGw2-bW1G8i0n86pk6Q&cachebuster=1252152252 - broken link)
  • Tuesday to Saturday -
  • 5 P.M. to 10 P.M.
  • Sunday -
  • 10 am - 2 pm - Brunch
  • 5 pm - 9 pm - Dinner
You should go one evening when the weather is nice so you can eat outside.

Here are some reviews:
b Bistro - Baltimore, MD

I hope this helps
Thanks. It definitely helps. I was planning on a weekday lunch until I saw the hours you posted.

I'm not a big dinner eater (I often skip dinner), so I think I'll go for the early Sunday brunch.
A mimosa (along with the Sunday Sun) will be a fine way to start the day. I want to catch the ambiance of the place.

I hope street parking won't be a problem.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:17 PM

22 posts, read 69,148 times
thanks for the recs everyone.
I just wanted to add Nak Won Korean restaurant to the list of really good restaurants. Went there recently, its surprisingly good Korean food that I was happy to find.
Baltimore City Paper: Nak Won in Charles North | Restaurant Review

Old 09-07-2009, 02:51 AM

328 posts, read 1,539,823 times
Pasticcio Italian Kitchen

has real good "New York Style" pizza (as written on menu) . Located at the Can Company and in Pikesville. What wrong with their Pizza? It is absolutely delicious. Well, I think so if you prefer a thinner kind of crust instead of that doughy mess...

Old 09-07-2009, 05:47 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,593,147 times
http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/menus/lunch_dinner.php (broken link)

I ended up here for dinner yesterday and have to say the food was excellent. Their hommos was the best I have ever tasted.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:48 AM

805 posts, read 2,114,714 times
Zea, street parking shouldn't be an issue. At most you will have to park a block or two away.

Bike, I really like New York style pizza so I'm going to check out that place.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:16 AM

328 posts, read 1,539,823 times
Pasticcio Italian Kitchen is also on Restaurant.com ...I forgot to mention. They have their menu there. Can't recommend anything else but pizza there but your miles/taste may very.
Pasticcio Italian Kitchen - Eat. Drink. Save Money.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:49 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,526,362 times
B-Bistro--Bolton Hill--everything's good!
Jack's Bistro--Canton--sushi, entree's all good
Flying Avocado--Owings Mills--vegetarian
Black Olive--Fells Point--excellent fish
That said, many of the pricier restauants in Baltimore can be a disappointment, especially if you are not a big meat eater. Several Baltimore "institutions" have recently closed; Brass Elephant, several others downtown. Baltimore has it's share of restaurants with irregular quality food, service and inferior wine selections. Recently had dinner at Dukem, ordered a dirty martini and received ginger ale mixed with god know's what else. Understandably, an Ethiopian restaurant is not going to be big on drinks but, if you have a full service bar, at least know how to make a drink. After several tries, we ended up with a beer! Still like the Waterfront Hotel for good ole fashioned comfort food, occasional interesting entrees and relaxed atmosphere upstairs--one of the few places in Baltimore where I forget I'm in Baltimore!

Old 09-09-2009, 07:33 PM

95 posts, read 275,080 times
A few of these may already have been mentioned:

Ban Thai (at N. Charles St. and Franklin) has good Thai food, as does Thai Landing (farther north on N. Charles St at Preston). Nam Kang (on Maryland Ave. near 21st st.) has pretty good Korean food.

Cazbar (same block of N. Charles as Ban Thai) is my new favorite restaurant, and serves excellent Turkish food.

The Helmand, of course. And Sascha's.

For the best soup you will ever taste, Soup's On (Preston St. near N. Charles). It's inexpensive and delicious.

For delicious cupcakes, Charm City Cupcakes (N. Chalres near Cazbar and Ban Thai).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore