Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,326 times

Advertisements

Hey, I'm just wondering what your all's opinion is on the greenehouse in mt vernon. I've heard it was recently renovated and it has gotten some good reviews. I'm going to be moving to the city next fall and am trying to find an affordable place to live. Also, how safe is the area? For an 18 year old female student, I know the city has crime all over but am trying to find a relatively safe area. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 03:40 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,598,386 times
Are you sure it is in Mt. Vernon? I thought it was downtown on Pratt Street. Anyway, if it's the one I'm thinking of, you will be fine. Just use some caution when walking at night. I don't think they have parking there.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:24 PM

22 posts, read 69,207 times
The Greenehouse that I visited is near the baseball stadium, not in Mt Vernon. I looked there before I moved to Baltimore last year.

I don't mean to bash the place but I want to mention some things.
For what its worth, it used to be a factory and is across the street from a power plant. I'm always cautious living in industrious or formerly industrious areas. You never know if there are remnant piping issues or pollution left over.

I read on an apartment ratings website that the walls there are really thin and I heard from a resident there that since its close to Maryland General hospital, you often hear sirens and helicopters flying overhead at night.

Also, there is no parking on the premises. You have to park at the Hilton a block or so away and walk. Its not in the safest of areas either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore