Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 06:29 PM

10 posts, read 20,057 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Baltimore and will be working at Inner Harbor. I am an active 45 yr old professional single caucasian woman with no kids and am looking for a middle class to upper middle class safe area. I'm looking to rent a 1-2 bedroom for 1300 or less. I prefer new to old. I must have parking and an available garage. Not looking at renting anything with street parking. I don't need that stress. I don't really want to live where it's predominately college kids only because I MUST have peace and quiet. I'm not a partier (just a wine drinker) but it would be nice to have coffee shop and some cafes/restaurants in the area. I like trees, nature, biking and sailing. I'd live in Annapolis if the commute was possible, but it's not. My first choice would be a walkable neighborhood near a park but not sure I can get that with my other requirements. I'd prefer a commute of no more than 30 min preferably by light rail. I'm moving from Austin, Texas so am used to a friendly and safe atmosphere. I've heard alot about Hampdon, Towson, Mount Vernon and Bolton Point. I'm not a true burbs person at all and really like walkable neighborhoods like SoHo in New York (i.e. I don't care for malls or Wal-mart type areas) but seem to end up in the burbs because I like quiet and trees. In other words, I'm more a sit out on my deck on a summer evening with a glass of wine and a good book and listen to birds rather than listen to late night partiers or boomboxes.

Last edited by cyoungintx; 06-04-2010 at 07:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 08:30 PM

9 posts, read 25,141 times
Good luck. Increase your rental estimate to 1500-2000 and you'll have more options.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:33 AM

1,757 posts, read 5,140,172 times
What you are looking for doesn't exist afaik in Baltimore with your criteria.

<----------Baltimore Realtor

Old 06-05-2010, 04:13 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,603,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoungintx View Post
I am moving to Baltimore and will be working at Inner Harbor. I am an active 45 yr old professional single caucasian woman with no kids and am looking for a middle class to upper middle class safe area. I'm looking to rent a 1-2 bedroom for 1300 or less. I prefer new to old. I must have parking and an available garage. Not looking at renting anything with street parking. I don't need that stress. I don't really want to live where it's predominately college kids only because I MUST have peace and quiet. I'm not a partier (just a wine drinker) but it would be nice to have coffee shop and some cafes/restaurants in the area. I like trees, nature, biking and sailing. I'd live in Annapolis if the commute was possible, but it's not. My first choice would be a walkable neighborhood near a park but not sure I can get that with my other requirements. I'd prefer a commute of no more than 30 min preferably by light rail. I'm moving from Austin, Texas so am used to a friendly and safe atmosphere. I've heard alot about Hampdon, Towson, Mount Vernon and Bolton Point. I'm not a true burbs person at all and really like walkable neighborhoods like SoHo in New York (i.e. I don't care for malls or Wal-mart type areas) but seem to end up in the burbs because I like quiet and trees. In other words, I'm more a sit out on my deck on a summer evening with a glass of wine and a good book and listen to birds rather than listen to late night partiers or boomboxes.
Look into Arcadia, Beverly Hills. There are trees, a park nearby, coffee shops (Zekes located there), the commute would be less than 30

Old 06-05-2010, 05:29 AM

My criteria was a wish list. I'd like to know if anything comes close in the areas I listed or other areas. What do I need to give up? I suppose all the other posts I've looked at didn't give a price range which is why they got so many suggestions. Where do adults rent? Is it all basement apartments in homes like Long Island, is parking non existent even in the burbs, do I need to commute further?

Old 06-05-2010, 05:31 AM

Thanks! Your reply was very helpful.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:37 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,346,278 times
There are plenty of private rentals in Bolton Hill that ought to work for you, but the houses tend to be older.

I am sure, though, that there are some recently-renovated units available, and I really think this is about as close as you will find to your wish list.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:50 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,523,614 times
The community of Woodberry in Baltimore City sounds perfect for you. About 15-20 minutes from downtown via the light rail (which is at your front door) a walkable area, and there's a new condo/apartment development made from the shell of an old foundry called Clipper Mill: Assembly Apartments - Luxury Apartments at Clipper Mill in Baltimore, MD between Hampden and Woodberry

Old 06-06-2010, 04:58 AM

Default Hampden/Woodberry/Remington

Those are perfect! In my price range and exactly what I was looking for. Will be visiting them next week. If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:12 AM

1,161 posts, read 2,449,766 times
If you want a quiet, leafy area with trees and open green spaces yet close to downtown and the other urban areas of Baltimore, consider lower Roland Park along University Parkway and especially Tuscany Canterbury. Your budget will net you a comfortable 2 bedroom apartment in Tuscany Canterbury. The area adjoins the Hopkins Homewood campus and is bordered by a small park with a running trail along a creek, as well as being surrounded by some of the loveliest neighborhoods in Baltimore (the Baltimore equivalent of the Park Cities in Dallas).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore