Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:51 PM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times

Advertisements

I have seen folks here who carry firearms in their vehicles. [I have a few firearms, though after all of my travels, I am leery of carrying one in my vehicle.]

And I have seen Volvo's here.

But somehow the two ideas, do not go together well. I find it difficult to imagine a Volvo with a handgun on the dashboard, or a shotgun rack in the rear window.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 05:03 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post
Hmmm, do you drive a Volvo?

LOL...
nope, (but I would... my dad had one that lasted forever, despite my attempt to wreck it in my youth! LOL but it would also be "well loved")... I drive a 1990 toyota pickup, crew cab for the dogs, with bumper stickers that support local fishermen, practicing "safe hex" (since I paint hex signs I HAD to have that one), bicycles sharing the road, Johnnys seeds (I have been planting them for over 30 yrs) -- picked that one up at the "hippie fair <g>) and the Goddess. My front bumper says "real women drive trucks"

Nope, not a yuppie-mobile.

Oh and the bed not only contains the spare tire (too much a pain to get it out from UNDER when you need the darn thing!) but usually something (or somethings) getting carried to the dump or recycling for a friend, or something I picked up alongside the road coming home for some reason or another.

In other words, a real truck <g> even if it is a "baby"... it's my size.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:41 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,754,419 times
star, what is Johnny seed?
Apple seeds??

By the way- I love reading about your bumper stickers!!
Big bumper sticker fan here

Old 10-19-2007, 08:10 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
star, what is Johnny seed?
Apple seeds??

By the way- I love reading about your bumper stickers!!
Big bumper sticker fan here
Johnny's Selected seeds is a supplier to home gardeners and commercial growers and is located in Maine.

When I get the chance I'll shoot front and rear photos of my bumper collection.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:44 AM

I buy from Johnny's and from Fedco too.

I really like Fedco

I was disappointed this year with them being out of garlic sets, last year they had a HUGE selection of garlic. I got my garlic from Gilroy instead.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:08 AM

378 posts, read 1,031,059 times
Default forest

you ALWAYS make me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I have seen folks here who carry firearms in their vehicles. [I have a few firearms, though after all of my travels, I am leery of carrying one in my vehicle.]

And I have seen Volvo's here.

But somehow the two ideas, do not go together well. I find it difficult to imagine a Volvo with a handgun on the dashboard, or a shotgun rack in the rear window.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Lol!!

That's the phrase I coined for the Republicans down south, too. LOL. I had no idea it was ever used anywhere else. DOesn't surprise me coming from CHicago (no offense intended rather a rough history there of poisonings and all kindsa bad doings concerning politics)
I'm non-partisan to a T; my only concern is fairness, the letter of the REAL law and upholding the Constitution.
This control-freaking going on is disgusting. It amazes me that people can't make the connections.
I don't think it should GET a wink and a nod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
mainewannabe wonders:
"But I don't understand why someone is allowed to vote twice. Am I reading this correctly? I would consider that a criminal act."

It is indeed a criminal act, but it gets a wink and a nod in Maine college towns. It's like the old Democrat machine motto in Chicago; "Vote early and often."

Old 10-19-2007, 09:13 AM

Default hmmm

That's more what I thought it was but if it crosses a line and for example attempts (in the larger picture) to put these goals on ANYONE that's wrong. A man's home is his castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonata View Post
Some of you are misinformed or jumping to wild conclusions and accusations concerning permaculture. Permaculturists are not ecoterrorists and they are not trying to return to a hunter gatherer society.

Permaculture is sustainable system design based on natural systems which includes many things including sustainable ways to grow food, housing design, energy, and so on, and how they are all interrelated.

Quote from article about permaculture at UMaine:
"Permaculture trains students to live in a way that is economically self-sufficient and ecologically sustainable. Specific design techniques aim for energy efficiency (solar hot water tanks), water conservation (rooftop catchment cisterns), waste treatment (composting and wetlands), and erosion control (earthworks). Permaculture students may also learn about soil building, seed saving, home gardening, animal management, rangeland restoration, reforestation, forest gardening (multi storied orchards), fuel forestry, and nursery establishment."

New Media at the University of Maine | Feature

Old 10-19-2007, 09:16 AM

Default volvos

are hard to kill .... i love mine. any mechanic will tell you they are the safest cars on the road. even in our youth, i guess. LOL. Mine was wrecked a few times but you can really barely tell. It will fit right in .... LOL !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
nope, (but I would... my dad had one that lasted forever, despite my attempt to wreck it in my youth! LOL but it would also be "well loved")... I drive a 1990 toyota pickup, crew cab for the dogs, with bumper stickers that support local fishermen, practicing "safe hex" (since I paint hex signs I HAD to have that one), bicycles sharing the road, Johnnys seeds (I have been planting them for over 30 yrs) -- picked that one up at the "hippie fair <g>) and the Goddess. My front bumper says "real women drive trucks"

Nope, not a yuppie-mobile.

Oh and the bed not only contains the spare tire (too much a pain to get it out from UNDER when you need the darn thing!) but usually something (or somethings) getting carried to the dump or recycling for a friend, or something I picked up alongside the road coming home for some reason or another.

In other words, a real truck <g> even if it is a "baby"... it's my size.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainewannabe View Post
are hard to kill .... i love mine. any mechanic will tell you they are the safest cars on the road. even in our youth, i guess. LOL. Mine was wrecked a few times but you can really barely tell. It will fit right in .... LOL !!!!!!
Actually I think that studies have shown that Mercedes are safer and have been safer for more decades than any other car.

I worked LEO in Europe for three years and I have witnessed a lot of traffic accidents. Most European cars crumple real quick. I have seen Opals and fords crumple like a soda can, with us trying to cut the passengers out of the car, while the Mercedes they hit only 'suffered' the dust and wax transferring off, everyone inside Mercedes always walked out of the cars unassisted and unharmed. And the Mercedes always drove away from the accident scene, unless it had flipped [but even then they just needed the wrecker to pull them out of the ditch and flip them right again, then the Mercedes could drive away safely].

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area