Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2023, 07:36 AM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,657,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
The Astros are finding out what Twins fans already know. Pablo Lopez is easily one of the best pitchers in MLB. Like I mentioned before, game 1 of this series was pitched by the Twin's #3 or #4 starter (depending on who you talk to). Lopez and Gray are first rate pitchers.

In baseball as long as you have great pitching, you're always in the game. It's the same thing in Little League up thru the majors.

The Twin's offense is what struggles to match the Astros.

RMESMH I think is getting a little ahead of himself in his prediction for the ALCS.

I see this series between Houston and Minnesota going all 5 games. Houston IS the team to beat as they've been the best team in the American League over the last few years, BUT the Twins now have momentum AND the next couple games are in Minneapolis
I agree that the Astros have a bit of a hill to climb; we'll see if their playing better on the road than at home continues here. Then there is their starting pitching where you never know who is going to show up on the mound; Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde. Hopefully Mr Hyde has decided to take the rest of the month off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2023, 10:56 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
It's looking more like the latter and not the former. Still some baseball left in this Astros-Twins series, however.

And Houston is trailing Minnesota, 5-0, in the middle of Game 2. 'Stros are starting to look like they did in the Kansas City series all over again. This never ends well.
That Game 2 was disgruntling, but the 49ers performance against the Cowboys cheered me up .

Old 10-09-2023, 12:58 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I see this series between Houston and Minnesota going all 5 games. Houston IS the team to beat as they've been the best team in the American League over the last few years, BUT the Twins now have momentum AND the next couple games are in Minneapolis

The Astros cannot afford --- and I want to emphasize this --- they cannot afford to let the Twins go up two games to one. Houston must score first and have their most important first pitch be strike one. They must not give the Twins an inch.

Old 10-09-2023, 08:53 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,924,201 times
Quote:
The Astros cannot afford --- and I want to emphasize this --- they cannot afford to let the Twins go up two games to one. Houston must score first and have their most important first pitch be strike one. They must not give the Twins an inch.
Same can be said for the Twins. If they lose the game on Tuesday, they're really up against it the next night. Yet, they're still having the home field advantage. To me, the odds are the Twins will win one of the next 2 games. Then game 5 is in a very loud and hostile Houston, where it's going to be very difficult to win.

They've got to win it in Minneapolis or I don't like the Twin's chances. However, for game 5, I CAN GUARANTEE YOU it will be Pablo Lopez pitching again.

One way or another, it's gonna be exciting.

Old 10-10-2023, 02:58 PM

The number one question for today is this: Which Cristian Javier is going to show up? The one from the first half who won them nine games, or will it be the one who lost all but his marbles in the second half?

We'll find out soon enough.

Old 10-10-2023, 03:37 PM

Quote:
The number one question for today is this: Which Cristian Javier is going to show up? The one from the first half who won them nine games, or will it be the one who lost all but his marbles in the second half?

We'll find out soon enough.
So far, the first half Javier . No runs and 7 Ks through 4.

Astros lead off the 5th with a Bregman solo home run (5-0 Astros), another Alvarez double, and a Tucker walk.

Twins manager just pulled starter Sonny Gray after the walk to Tucker (with Abreu (3 run homer in the 1st) coming up).

Old 10-10-2023, 05:19 PM

Astros win 9-1 !!!!!

Old 10-11-2023, 07:47 PM

Astros win 3-2 !!!!!

7 League Championship Series in a row .

ALCS starts Sunday in Houston.

Old 10-11-2023, 08:13 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
World Series will have a Texas team for the AL.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-11-2023, 09:09 PM

Great stuff and great ninth inning drama. Houston's bullpen held it all together for Urquidy. Uncle Mike got himself a home run along the way. It's the Battle of Texas coming up. This is going to be good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball