Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2023, 07:39 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times

Advertisements

Well, they had 3 close games against Cleveland; they lost 2 in extra's blowing a late lead and rallying from behind late with a walk off in the other. The first game in Tampa also wasn't terrible. They gave up 9 runs which was bad but I think they had the tying run up in the 8th or 9th. The last 2 games in Tampa went sideways, being outscored 22-0 and outhit 20-4, and Rays pitchers retired 19 A's in a row between the second & 9th inning on Sunday. Road trip continues with 4 games in Baltimore before they head home to play 3 games with the Mets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2023, 11:20 PM

Default 3-13

They lost 3 of 4 in Baltimore, and than got swept by the Mets. This could quite possibly be the worst team of all time, I have to plug the 2023 A's, 2003 Tigers, and the 1962 Mets into whatif sports, and do a 7 game simulation. I'll probably give the A's the bye, and whoever loses between the Mets and the Tigers I'll put against the A's. And sounds like Las Vegas is coming because the home attendance numbers are approaching Expos attendance numbers on their dying legs in Montreal; They managed a little under 42,000 for the 3 games this weekend, but was probably inflated via Mets fan, because their last home series they barely got 10,000 total for 3 games against Cleveland. That's bad! They've lost 13 of 15 games since their season-opening win, that's also really bad! Anyone still following, even from a distance should be given 1 free ticket to a game this year.

Home stand continues with 3 against the Cubs (we'll see if Cubs fans can inflate the attendance numbers like the Mets fans did) and than 3 in Arlington, Texas over the weekend.

Old 04-18-2023, 07:46 AM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
They are putrid. The NBA Dallas Mavs decades back went 9-73, their best player got suspended fighting as an opponent said they feared playing them as losing would be unbearable.

As fit that m.o.

Old 04-18-2023, 09:54 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
They lost 3 of 4 in Baltimore, and than got swept by the Mets. This could quite possibly be the worst team of all time, I have to plug the 2023 A's, 2003 Tigers, and the 1962 Mets into whatif sports, and do a 7 game simulation. I'll probably give the A's the bye, and whoever loses between the Mets and the Tigers I'll put against the A's. And sounds like Las Vegas is coming because the home attendance numbers are approaching Expos attendance numbers on their dying legs in Montreal; They managed a little under 42,000 for the 3 games this weekend, but was probably inflated via Mets fan, because their last home series they barely got 10,000 total for 3 games against Cleveland. That's bad! They've lost 13 of 15 games since their season-opening win, that's also really bad! Anyone still following, even from a distance should be given 1 free ticket to a game this year.

Home stand continues with 3 against the Cubs (we'll see if Cubs fans can inflate the attendance numbers like the Mets fans did) and than 3 in Arlington, Texas over the weekend.
I hope so. I've been wanting that to happen for a few years (I'm a Bay Area native who lives in the Houston metro and I've been a Giants fan for 61 years, an A's fan for 55 years, and an Astros fan for 15 years). I'll probably need to go to the Bay Area later this year for a couple of months, and hopefully it will be before the end of the season so I can go to a game in Oakland and see what has become of the stadium. It's only been a few years since I've been in Oakland, but it's been over 15 since I've been to a baseball game there.

Old 04-20-2023, 01:38 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,750,085 times
Oh, man, you gotta be kidding me…first the Raiders, now the A’s…I’m running out of teams to root for.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-20-2023 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: Copied from the Las Vegas forum.

Old 04-20-2023, 02:21 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,066,237 times
Reports today that the A's just bought land in Las Vegas and hope to be in a new stadium there by 2027. Story here.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-20-2023, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
So after several years of rumors it's true. The Oakland A's are coming to Las Vegas! They entered into a binding agreement to purchase 49 acres of the old Wild Wild West property, across the highway from T-Mobile Arena where the new Vegas Golden Knights play, with an option to purchase 8 more acres later. See Las Vegas Review Journal link for map at :48 secs of where they're located off Tropicana.

They said they hope to break ground next year and be moved and playing here by 2027, if all goes well. Their stadium will cost 1 billion to build, hold 30K seats and have a particle retractable roof, food a beverage establishments and an amphitheater. They estimate it will bring in 400K fans to see the A's games here in Las Vegas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgNm...Review-Journal

It even made the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...Y9NUrfXpzZqfYQ
They saw my post from a few days ago (jk).

I love it!

I'm a 5th generation SF Bay Area native who lives in the Houston metro and have lived my life (other than traveling) in CA, TX, and NV (but in Incline Village, not Las Vegas).

I love Las Vegas. My mother told me I was conceived there while my parents were on vacation. I've spent quite a bit of time there over the last 40 years.

If I left the Houston metro, it would be for one of a number of places in Florida, or for Las Vegas.

I've been a Raiders, 49ers, Warriors, and SF Giants fan since the early 1960s and a Lakers fan almost as long, and lastly (chronologically) an A's fan since 1968 when they came to Oakland.

Another of 'my' teams joining the Raiders in Las Vegas will be great .

(Besides 'my 6', I root for the 3 Houston teams (Astros/Texans/Rockets), the NY Mets and KC Chiefs (because of former players or the families of players I've known), the Angels (I lived in LA/OC), the Chargers (I dated the daughter of multi decade Charger season ticket holders for years and have been to even more Charger home games than Raiders or 49ers home games), and the Saints (Drew Brees/proximity to Houston/and fond of the city)

I'll be one of those A's fans at some games even if I never move to Las Vegas

Last edited by RMESMH; 04-20-2023 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: Added 1 word

Old 04-20-2023, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Reports today that the A's just bought land in Las Vegas and hope to be in a new stadium there by 2027. Story here.
Thanks.

I didn't hear about this until I heard someone mention it on the Warriors-Kings Game 3 playoff television broadcast.

Old 04-21-2023, 10:26 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
Isn't Oakland a dangerous place to watch sports? I keep reading that it is. Just thought I would ask some A's fans. I went to A's games when they were in Kansas City, many years ago.

Old 04-23-2023, 07:30 PM

Default 4-18

This is just bad. Got swept in 3 games against the Cubs with none of the games being that close, and then lost 2 of 3 in Arlington. They have 4 in Anaheim against the Angels, I doubt those will go well, and than 3 at home v. the Reds. Maybe they can actually win a series there?? This week it was reported they purchased land to build a ballpark in Las Vegas which was scheduled to start getting built in 2024 for preparation to begin play there in 2027 but today a report came out that the A's could move to Las Vegas as early as the 2024 season. The A's have a deal in place to use the ballpark of their AAA affiliate (the Las Vegas Aviators) if they can terminate the lease at the Oakland Coliseum which expires in 2025.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball