Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:08 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,930,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Michael Kay is an idiot. Sorry, just not a fan.
He does his job on YES the way the Yankees want him to do it. He's a different guy away from YES. The guy really does know his stuff. I don't care for him as a play-by-play guy, and I don't know the guy personally or anything like that, but if you get to talk sports with him for a few minutes you realize the guy has a lot more to offer than what he gets to show during the games.

Quote:
However, I can see him involved with the Yankees for a long time after retirement, maybe even managing one day.
Jeter is a smart guy. He's set himself up in a way that he will always be able to do whatever it is he wants to do after he retires. His image is actually a side-business at this point, and it's been very well protected. If he wants to manage they're gonna let him manage. I could actually see him owning a small piece of the action at some point in his life too, if that ends up being something that he and the Yankees could both benefit from at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 09:13 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
This is a topic I've thought about for a couple of years but never bothered to bring up. I mention it now because some sports commentators are beginning to talk about it. Namely, that Jeter has more hits than Pete Rose had at the same age. But to have a chance of catching Rose Jeter would have to match Rose's 24 seasons (9 more after this year) and remain fairly healthy. I don't see it happening. Back when Rose was chasing Ty Cobb, I felt that he was determined to break the record even if he had to do it on crutches. I doubt that breaking the record would mean that much to Jeter. Any thoughts?
I'm a diehard Yankee fan but don't see Jeter sticking around long enough for it to happen and I don't see anyone else matching it either.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:24 PM

777 posts, read 2,381,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1972 View Post
I see Jeter with 3500 hits, I do agree though that his SS days are coming to an end.

Jeter actually improved his defense and range this year. He had only 8 errors and won his first Gold Glove since 2006. I think he has a few more years over there. He takes care of himself and stays healthy year in and year out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball