Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 07:22 AM

78,636 posts, read 60,809,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG4251 View Post
The lakers are battle tested and cohesive. They are led by a superstar who is not scared and plays aggressive everynight. Lebron was scared to be the number one man.. he was scared to be a Michael or Kobe. IMO Lebron took the easy way out. He quit in the Playoffs. Kobes finger was destroyed and he gave everything he had in the Finals series. It will be poetic justice IF the Heat reach the Finals to watch the greatest player of this generation Kobe bean Bryant, put the final stamp on his greatness and end the Lebron is better than kobe bs..
1) I'm a big believer in playing together for a bit being worth a lot, not to mention playoff experience is worth a lot.

2) VERY curious to see who else fills out the Heat roster before I reach any conclusions.

3) The Lakers have had some injuries over the years and their key player is no kid anymore...that's a big wildcard.

In any event, I think the east now has 4 of the 5 best teams in the NBA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 08:07 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,215,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG4251 View Post
The lakers are battle tested and cohesive. They are led by a superstar who is not scared and plays aggressive everynight. Lebron was scared to be the number one man.. he was scared to be a Michael or Kobe. IMO Lebron took the easy way out. He quit in the Playoffs. Kobes finger was destroyed and he gave everything he had in the Finals series. It will be poetic justice IF the Heat reach the Finals to watch the greatest player of this generation Kobe bean Bryant, put the final stamp on his greatness and end the Lebron is better than kobe bs..
Kobe plays with a desperation that makes it uncomfortable to watch.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:00 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,560,358 times
Heat won't make it the Finals this coming season. I think it will be another season before they get it all together. I don't think the Lakers will come ouf the West either. If i had to put my $ right now even before a game starts, it would be OKC in the Finals. With that being said, the Lakers are the team to beat until someone knocks them off.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:17 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,272,239 times
Pllleeeeeeese let Miami get to the finals for no other reason than to see the Lakers whoop the ass of 3 utlra superstars. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE this is more exciting than last year waiting for Farve to disect Green Bay (twice), Mean while...Im no cleavland fan, but Cleavland, YOU MUST find a way to beat Miami in Cleavland nexts season. After watching this "King without a ring" last night, I am now a fan of who ever plays against his team.

I was a huge John Elway fan in the 80s and 90s, Honestly I can not imangine if Elway were to go play for another team, so Ohio, I get you.
BTW, Im sure there are not too many Elway fans in OHIO (irony).

Old 07-09-2010, 08:35 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,430,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Pllleeeeeeese let Miami get to the finals for no other reason than to see the Lakers whoop the ass of 3 utlra superstars. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE this is more exciting than last year waiting for Farve to disect Green Bay (twice), Mean while...Im no cleavland fan, but Cleavland, YOU MUST find a way to beat Miami in Cleavland nexts season. After watching this "King without a ring" last night, I am now a fan of who ever plays against his team.

I was a huge John Elway fan in the 80s and 90s, Honestly I can not imangine if Elway were to go play for another team, so Ohio, I get you.
BTW, Im sure there are not too many Elway fans in OHIO (irony).

Same here.

Like Spike Lee said on ESPN today, there's only one ball, not 3. I'm all for the team that can put the Heat on their knees. They're NBA's Public Enemy number one. And I think almost everyone lost respect for Lebron James. He's not a champ. Ring or no ring, he's got no backbone. He will never go down with the greats of the sport:

Jordan/Pippen, Magic/Jabbar, Bird, Reggie Miller, Malone/Stockton, Chris Mullin, Pat Ewing, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant/Gasol.

Lebron James will always be remembered as the Prima Donna who jumped ship for some bling, while being second fiddle in Dwayne Wade's arena. He never created his own Dynasty.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:40 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,416,270 times
The Lakers suck. Seriously this is ridiculous. The only reason they win even one game is because Stern makes it so.

Seriously though, not a person on Earth likes Lakers fans...

Old 07-09-2010, 08:50 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,430,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
The Lakers suck. Seriously this is ridiculous. The only reason they win even one game is because Stern makes it so.

Seriously though, not a person on Earth likes Lakers fans...
The thing I like about the Lakers is that they actually have fans. I respect them for that.

The Heat have a bunch of Bandwagon jumping, leg humping attendees. They could never fill that arena after the championship in 06. Miami is more of a football and baseball town.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:06 PM
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Same here.

Like Spike Lee said on ESPN today, there's only one ball, not 3. I'm all for the team that can put the Heat on their knees. They're NBA's Public Enemy number one. And I think almost everyone lost respect for Lebron James. He's not a champ. Ring or no ring, he's got no backbone. He will never go down with the greats of the sport:

Jordan/Pippen, Magic/Jabbar, Bird, Reggie Miller, Malone/Stockton, Chris Mullin, Pat Ewing, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant/Gasol.

Lebron James will always be remembered as the Prima Donna who jumped ship for some bling, while being second fiddle in Dwayne Wade's arena. He never created his own Dynasty.
While what you said might be true, the bottom line is that 29 other teams didn't get a ring as a result of this trio assuming they do win of course. That is all i care about. I just want my favorite team to win and these 3 guys on the Heat are gonna make it more difficult for my team besides the Lakers of course.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:06 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,329,658 times
With the current roster Miami wont make it to any finals.

They need help, a ton of it.

They need a big man, a point guard and someone to play defense.

They also need bench players.

You cannot win a championship with 3 ball hogging gunners like Wade, Bosh and James.

They are all great players but they will need to add an extra ball during the game so they all can play at the same time.

No defense, no big man, no bench, no championship in Miami.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:08 PM
JL

Chemistry could ruin the Heat. With that being said, i think this trio will work out. I think there will be less scripted plays sort of speak. I think they will play according to what the defense gives them and improvise like Jeff Van Gundy said. He said that many teams could play zone against the Heat which makes it important for the Heat to get sharp perimeter shooters since the real weakness against Lebron and Wade are their perimeter shooting. Also, Lebron could be more of a point guard and getting Wade and Bosh involved. He won't regularly have 30pts a game anymore, but it is possible that he averages a triple double for a season. They also need size which is probably the biggest challenge considering there aren't that many quality big men left in free agency. If they don't , teams like the Lakers and Rockets will hurt them. Riley might not be the coach, but i would not doubt that he could devise schemes(for trio) on how the Heat will play offensively/defensively for his young coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball