Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:27 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,412,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
The thing I like about the Lakers is that they actually have fans. I respect them for that.

The Heat have a bunch of Bandwagon jumping, leg humping attendees. They could never fill that arena after the championship in 06. Miami is more of a football and baseball town.

Lakers don't have fans. Where was Laker fan in 95? I would call Laker fan scum, but I don't want to offend scum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 11:23 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,400,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Kobe plays with a desperation that makes it uncomfortable to watch.
Kobe said that he would not smile until the playoffs were over! Game face

Old 07-09-2010, 11:24 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,400,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Lakers don't have fans. Where was Laker fan in 95? I would call Laker fan scum, but I don't want to offend scum.
Speaking of scum but don't be so hard on yourself

Old 07-10-2010, 08:15 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,793,616 times
Quote:
Lebron James will always be remembered as the Prima Donna who jumped ship for some bling, while being second fiddle in Dwayne Wade's arena. He never created his own Dynasty.
Bling? You talking about money? Because he would have made more money with some other team

Old 07-10-2010, 08:27 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,268,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Bling? You talking about money? Because he would have made more money with some other team
uh NO, Im sure he meant a ring...bling is not money, you wear bling.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:21 AM

1,809 posts, read 3,194,475 times
The heat getting to the finals is not a given. They may look good on paper, but there are 3 big ego's on this team and only one ball on the court. The success of the heat is going to be determined by if these three guys can play well together.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:05 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,978,632 times
Heat arent getting past Orlando with just these 3 guys. As each year passes, Boston gets older and Orlando gets much needed experience / maturity. Mike Miller means jack to me. They are a top 5 team now but that really doesnt mean much when arguably 4 of the 5 teams are in the east.

As a Magic fan, I HATE the Heat. James isn't a leader and he did the right thing by accepting it. Don't be fooled, this is Wade's team. James is going to be in the same role as Bosh.

Witness him become the #2 player. If hes lucky, he can become Pippen.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:12 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,421,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG4251 View Post
The lakers are battle tested and cohesive. They are led by a superstar who is not scared and plays aggressive everynight. Lebron was scared to be the number one man.. he was scared to be a Michael or Kobe. IMO Lebron took the easy way out. He quit in the Playoffs. Kobes finger was destroyed and he gave everything he had in the Finals series. It will be poetic justice IF the Heat reach the Finals to watch the greatest player of this generation Kobe bean Bryant, put the final stamp on his greatness and end the Lebron is better than kobe bs..

this person is like 5 years old.

i heard fisher might end up on the heats, so i wonder how you feel now?

Old 07-10-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Pllleeeeeeese let Miami get to the finals for no other reason than to see the Lakers whoop the ass of 3 utlra superstars. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE this is more exciting than last year waiting for Farve to disect Green Bay (twice), Mean while...Im no cleavland fan, but Cleavland, YOU MUST find a way to beat Miami in Cleavland nexts season. After watching this "King without a ring" last night, I am now a fan of who ever plays against his team.

I was a huge John Elway fan in the 80s and 90s, Honestly I can not imangine if Elway were to go play for another team, so Ohio, I get you.
BTW, Im sure there are not too many Elway fans in OHIO (irony).
the only place where kobe will beat lebron wade and bosh on a team is wonderland.

kobe worst nightmare was 2 all stars as great as himself on the same team going against him.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
The thing I like about the Lakers is that they actually have fans. I respect them for that.

The Heat have a bunch of Bandwagon jumping, leg humping attendees. They could never fill that arena after the championship in 06. Miami is more of a football and baseball town.
most of laker fans are bandwagors who no nothing about ball which is why i hate the lakers more.

has anyone ever sat down and talked to a laker fan about basketball?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball