Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Team is Best?
Team A 1 10.00%
Team B 1 10.00%
Team C 0 0%
Team D 4 40.00%
Team E 4 40.00%
Team F 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:57 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times

Advertisements

Imagine if the league did a total reboot and there were 6 super teams formed. Now, the draft is over, and below are the rosters that were assembled. Which team do you think is the best? By best, we mean the best team, not who has the most talent, though they might be one in the same. Please explain your vote in this thread.

Team A

Starters:

C - Roy Hibbert
PF - Blake Griffin
SF - Carmello Anthony
SG - Eric Gordon
PG - Chris Paul

Reserves:

BN: John Wall
BN: Jason Kidd
BN: Tyreke Evans
BN: Lamar Odom
BN: Josh Smith
BN: Paul Milsap
BN: DeMarcus Cousins
BN: Samuel Dalembert

Coach: Nate McMillan

Team B

Starters:

C - JaVale McGee
PF - Kevin Love
SF - LeBron James
SG - Manu Ginobli
PG - Deron Williams

Reserves:

BN: Chauncey Billups
BN: Tony Allen
BN: Kawhi Leonard
BN: Gerald Wallace
BN: Grant Hill
BN: Pau Gasol
BN: Tyson Chandler
BN: Serge Ibaka

Coach: Mike Brown

Team C

Starters:

C - Marc Gasol
PF - A'Mare Stoudlemire
SF - Paul Pierce
SG - Dwyane Wade
PG - Derrick Rose

Reserves:

BN: Kyle Lowry
BN: Jose Calderon
BN: Ben Gordon
BN: Rudy Gay
BN: Caron Butler
BN: Al Horford
BN: Andrew Bogut
BN: Emeka Okafur

Coach: Doc Rivers

Team D

Starters:

C - Andrew Bynum
PF - Chris Bosh
SF - Kevin Durant
SG - Ray Allen
PG - Rajon Rondo

Reserves:

BN: Tony Parker
BN: Andre Miller
BN: James Harden
BN: Thabo Sefolosha
BN: Shawn Marion
BN: Al Jefferson
BN: Tim Duncan
BN: Kendrick Perkins

Coach: Rick Adelman

Team E

Starters:

C - Greg Monroe
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
SF - Andre Iguadala
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Steve Nash

Reserves:

BN: Kyrie Irving
BN: Brandon Jennings
BN: Joe Johnson
BN: Jason Terry
BN: Danilo Gallinari
BN: Kevin Garnett
BN: Joakim Noah
BN: Anderson Varejao

Coach: Gregg Popovich

Team F

Starters:

C - Dwight Howard
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
SF - Luol Deng
SG - Stephen Curry
PG - Russell Westbrook

Reserves:

BN: Ricky Rubio
BN: Monta Ellis
BN: Kyle Korver
BN: Danny Granger
BN: Zach Randolph
BN: David Lee
BN: Nene Hilario
BN: Omer Asik

Coach: Tom Thibeodeau
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 11:00 AM

I'm between two teams right now....tough call...

Old 01-24-2012, 11:52 AM

lol first vote breaks the dont vote for your own team rule, nice, Davy

Old 01-24-2012, 12:04 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times
This is an impossible question, but the logarithm in my head says that Nash/Bryant/Nowitski is a combination that works particularly well.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:07 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Really Davy? Come on man!

Old 01-24-2012, 12:23 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times
Wasn't it made clear to NOT vote for your own team?

Old 01-24-2012, 12:23 PM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Ok, I have intentionally not even glanced into the draft thread, I have zero clue who has what team...here are my comments:

Team A: You have a lot of good young players whom have not yet reached their full potential. CP is the anchor of that squad and brings great all around play. Carmelo is talented but streaky. Good young bench. I like your team, they just aren't fully developed yet.

Team B: A good squad with solid scoring options that has some tough defenders and some stellar bench depth. I'd start Chandler instead of Javale ESPECIALLY to help cover Love's defensive short comings which Lebron can help somewhat with. Chandler also knows his role when surrounded by plenty of scoring. Williams is an excellent PG at both ends of the court.

Team C: Pierce-Rose-Wade, what's not to like? Unfortunately, your teams hard chocolate exterior has a soft creamy middle which is great in a candy but bad for a basketball team. Your guards can score from anywhere but your 2 best players are at their best driving and that can gum things up. Other than being soft in the paint your team is beastly.

Team D: Solid starting 5 and a guy like Ray Allen will help spread the floor for Durant etc. Bynum knows how to be effective in a supporting role, Bosh, Rondo are very good as well...especially since rondo doesn't have to score much and may be the best defensive PG in the league. Bench is nasty with Parker, Perkins and Duncan plus marion and jefferson.

Team E: I love your players, I question your line-up. Kobe and Dirk are 55+ a night. Dirk is a decent defender at this stage...Iguodala is a noted defender and Kobe is top notch. Nash is one of the worst defensive PG's in the league and your best defensive big man whom you will need as people blow by Nash is....on the bench AND in any even is better than your starting center. You don't need Nash for offense, put in Jennings and Noah and let Kobe and Dirk eat peoples lunch. Use Nash to run your reserves and to spread the court especially in late period possessions where his defense can't be exploited.

Team F: Strong defensive team, well rounded. I'm concerned that you do not have a *beast* go-to scorer like other teams have in a Durant, Kobe etc. although Dwight will pummel everyone else in the paint. What concerns me is that Westbrook tends to chuck up shots on occasion and with that line-up might forget to distribute as he may consider himself the best scorer. Don't get me wrong, you have a ton of >20ppg capable guys (heck you have several on your bench too)...I'm just asking where you go down 2 pts with 15 seconds on the clock? However, everybody has scoring and you have the best D.

With all this said:

I will vote for...Team D. Team F gets honorable mention and IMO has the best defense, tough decision.

P.S. I can guess whom Team F is....and if I'm right I voted him #1 in the last of these competitions as he a defensive oriented fan too.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:39 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,035,527 times
I'm not voting for my own team, i'm voting for Team A.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:42 PM

Ok, let's walk through this. Davy, the idea of this vote ( which has been clearly stated) is to not vote for the team that you personally assembled. If everyone votes for their own squad, that kind of kills the point of this exercise, doesn't it?

Old 01-24-2012, 01:49 PM

Tried to rep you for the breakdown Math, got the 'must spread around' thingy.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball