Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:56 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
lin is not going to continue to get 15+ shots up per game with king selfish back from injury.
his FG% has steady dropped as well and he is shooting 39% in march and 41% over his last 10 games. he is shooting 31% from 3, and 68% from the line in march also. his turnovers are down 1 in march and so are his assists. his fouls are up to nearly 3 per game average as well.

rubio may not be shooting better but then he takes less shots. near;y half as many but he gets to the line where he shoots the FT much better. he is also a better rebounder, and his assist to turnover is much better. they both foul about the same, and play similar minutes.

i say lins numbers are a product of the semi 7 seconds or less that dantoni still runs. hurry up and get as many shots as possible and win by sheer volume.

i say i rather have rubio under adelmann over lin under dantoni. really i would rather have rubio period but adelmann coaching him for 2-3 years and rubio turns very good. like lowry did.
I agree that Rubio is going to tie or win every match-up category vs. Lin except FG%.

I guess my sole point is that Lin isn't doing bad for a starting PG that is young and inexperienced. There is just such a knee-jerk reaction to the overblown Lin hype that I'm trying to describe the rational perspective of him instead of the distorted hyperbole about how bad or good he is.

I think Lins attitude and work ethic will keep him in the league a long time and I hope rubio fully recovers from that injury....I hate seeing promising players go down like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 11:25 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Rubio biggest advantage is has has better teammates. Does he has a player who stand there, put up his hand asking for the ball every time the ball pass half court? No ball, no movement. Yes, I am talking about Melo.

Serious, either the Knicks replace the coach or MDA has do what is right, bench Melo for not playing his (MDA) game.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:43 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Other then Kevin love, who exactly is better on the wolves? Darco? Beasley? JJ barea?

Old 03-12-2012, 12:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Other then Kevin love, who exactly is better on the wolves? Darco? Beasley? JJ barea?
I think the above poster has a strong point because if the Knicks played in the west with the team they have now they would have 10 less wins

Old 03-12-2012, 12:46 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,671,195 times
Quote:
If only Lin had JJ barea he's be the Asian Michael Jordan .

Old 03-12-2012, 12:50 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
I would not say it is the talent or quality of players on the team, the system, the selfishness, and the coaching are the biggest issues. Minny does not have nearly as much talent as NYK but their coach is better, and he is making a system for them to work under.

If they switched spots would Rubio be better then Lin is on the Knicks? Or Lin better on the wolves? I think Rubio would be better on either team IMO.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:00 PM
FBJ

Quote:
I would not say it is the talent or quality of players on the team, the system, the selfishness, and the coaching are the biggest issues. Minny does not have nearly as much talent as NYK but their coach is better, and he is making a system for them to work under.

If they switched spots would Rubio be better then Lin is on the Knicks? Or Lin better on the wolves? I think Rubio would be better on either team IMO.
I thought the Wolves coach would have a good choice for the lakers instead of goofy Mike Brown. He is definitely a much better coach than D"Atoni

Old 03-12-2012, 04:40 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Knicks has talent. The biggest problem is D'Antoni. He is not tough enough to control his players. Melo's problem can be fixed. The coach just needs to make himself clear that the players either play his game or not playing at all. But D'Antoni does not has the ball to bench a super star.

Melo's 20+ points can be filled by other players. Each play just pick up 2 to 3 shots and that's it. 20+ points there.

Even with Rubio in the Knicks, it will not turn around. Did you notice that when Melo has the ball, the Knicks just stand there. They know Melo will not pass the ball. Why bother.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:43 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Knicks has talent. The biggest problem is D'Antoni. He is not tough enough to control his players. Melo's problem can be fixed. The coach just needs to make himself clear that the players either play his game or not playing at all. But D'Antoni does not has the ball to bench a super star.

Melo's 20+ points can be filled by other players. Each play just pick up 2 to 3 shots and that's it. 20+ points there.

Even with Rubio in the Knicks, it will not turn around. Did you notice that when Melo has the ball, the Knicks just stand there. They know Melo will not pass the ball. Why bother.
I;m going to watch for that tonight when they play the bulls-lol I don't think I pay much attention to that but I will tonight.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:49 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post

D'Antoni is to blame as is Knicks management that gave away everything for Melo and cap locked him with Amare. Plus D'Antoni doesn't coach defense.

It's like asking a farmer to craft a dog turd into a gormet meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball