Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Nets 8 47.06%
Knicks 5 29.41%
Cant call it 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 04:38 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,829 times

Advertisements

As of right now, which team is better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 08:31 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
The both feel like a 4-6 type seed to me at this moment. Obviously the Nets getting Howard would've made a huge difference. Right now, I'd say the Knicks, but not by that much.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:22 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
I'm not sure how adding Joe Johnson takes the Nets from being one of the East's worst teams to a playoff team comparable to the Knicks, but I guess if everything goes their way, they could take Atlanta's spot.

Adding Kidd and Camby were solid moves for the Knicks, and they'll be better this coming season, though not quite on the level of Miami/Boston/Chicago just yet.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:28 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I'm not sure how adding Joe Johnson takes the Nets from being one of the East's worst teams to a playoff team comparable to the Knicks, but I guess if everything goes their way, they could take Atlanta's spot.

Adding Kidd and Camby were solid moves for the Knicks, and they'll be better this coming season, though not quite on the level of Miami/Boston/Chicago just yet.
Johnson, while obviously not worth the contract, is still a good player a legit scoring option. I expect their bigs to continue to develop as well. I see them improving a decent amount from last year.

The Knicks were a 7 seed last year, that had trouble playing well consisently. So I think comparing the two isn't as much praise to the nets, as it is criticism to how that knicks team is built.

Like I said I still think the Knicks are better, but if you had to divide the east into three categories, say, good, mediocre and bad, I think they would both be in the middle category.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:01 PM

48 posts, read 73,011 times
Either team could beat the other any given day.

I can't call it.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:08 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,671,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post

Nets were hurt last year, and last year a healthy nets team was a playoff team imo. Deron, Lopez, Brooks, Humpries and later wallace, and now Joe Johnson def makes them a 4-6 in my mind. Just like the Knicks. I give the Knicks a slight advantage(assuming they match Lin's offer sheet).

Old 07-13-2012, 06:36 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,860 times
Interesting question....I say who ever has home court wins the game.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by BigMike50; 07-13-2012 at 07:10 PM..

Old 07-15-2012, 06:03 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,524 times
Still the Knicks. Not getting Dwight hurts the Nets, plus I've never been a fan of Joe Johnson. If the Knicks are healthy, I can see them winning 50 games. The Nets might make a run for .500, but I don't see them finishing any better. They might make a run for the 8th seed if the conference is weak.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:57 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Nets are better. Even without Dwight, there team is much more well-rounded. Amare and Melo do not compliment each other at all. It will be difficult to play these two together and be a consistent winning team. Not to mention how much does Jason Kidd have in the tank? Is Raymond Felton really going to play like he did when he was with the Knicks last year considering how different the team is now? How soon will Iman Shumpert come back and be effective again? Is Marcus Camby still an effective big?

You look at the Nets and they look like a team that compliments each so much better. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson will be dangerous because they both handle the rock and play off the ball very well. They also can take over a game at any point. Then you add a defensive minded Gerald Wallace, a stronger rebounder and banger like Reggie Evans, a scoring big in Brook Lopez as well as Marshon Brooks and CJ Watson off the bench. That team is just built much, much better.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:35 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Between the two, Nets have an edge IMO. But both look like a mid-pack teams in the East that many benefit this year a little from Bulls not having their guy for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball