Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 02:44 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,084,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Let the series play out and don't get too caught up in one win.
Pot meet kettle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 02:47 PM

Watching the game again right now, 1:08 when bosh fouls Tim, I lol pretty hard at Lebron complaining about the call with his hands over his mouth making the "omg are you kidding" face.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:08 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,120,439 times

Old 06-07-2013, 07:23 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Pot meet kettle

Heat are 10-0 after their last 10 losses. Just thought you should you know that.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Heat are 10-0 after their last 10 losses. Just thought you should you know that.
Actually the heat are 12-0 when losing game 1. But this spurs team is better then those teams.

And YOU ma boy are ALWAYS jumping on and off bandwagons after a single game, ALWAYS!

Old 06-08-2013, 06:28 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,389 times
Quote:
I'm tired these types of arguments. Just like the people saying, "Well, the heat lost game one against OKC an Chicago so that means they'll automatically beat the Spurs too." Not only does that disrespect champions like the Spurs by putting them on the same level as teams that have never won a ship, but it's pointless.

Spurs are 13-2 in the playoffs this year. Heat are 12-5.
Heat are 4-4 in their last 8 games while the Spurs are 7-1 in their last 8 games.
Spurs are on a 7 game winning streak in the playoffs. Heat are on a one game losing streak.
Heat are 1-2 in their last three games.

See? stats can be thrown around to make a case for anyone. Can the heat still win this series? Of course! You'd be a fool to count them out. But it's not gonna be because of some ridiculous stat.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I'm tired these types of arguments. Just like the people saying, "Well, the heat lost game one against OKC an Chicago so that means they'll automatically beat the Spurs too." Not only does that disrespect champions like the Spurs by putting them on the same level as teams that have never won a ship, but it's pointless.

Spurs are 13-2 in the playoffs this year. Heat are 12-5.
Heat are 4-4 in their last 8 games while the Spurs are 7-1 in their last 8 games.
Spurs are on a 7 game winning streak in the playoffs. Heat are on a one game losing streak.
Heat are 1-2 in their last three games.

See? stats can be thrown around to make a case for anyone. Can the heat still win this series? Of course! You'd be a fool to count them out. But it's not gonna be because of some ridiculous stat.

I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by CHAMPIONS because the spurs haven't won the title in 6 years. So not sure why you are referring to them as champions when they didn't even make the Finals last year.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:38 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,389 times
Quote:
I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by CHAMPIONS because the spurs haven't won the title in 6 years. So not sure why you are referring to them as champions when they didn't even make the Finals last year.
Way to totally ignore the main point of my post because you couldn't counter it.

Whether they've won last year or not is neither here nor there. The fact of the matter is, the Spurs coaching staff and core have shown that they know how to get it done multiple times now. They're champions just like Kobe is still a champion even if he hasn't won in a few years.

Are you honestly telling me that that type of experience doesn't put them a notch above the Bulls and the Pacers?

Old 06-08-2013, 06:43 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,678 times
if they split at miami, then the heat have to beat miami three consecutive times to win. because even if it's game 6 at 3-2, i'm thinking in miami they'd force a game 7. and a game 7, away, against Lebron?

I just don't see it.

But maybe I'm wrong.

the finals format really favors the heat...

Old 06-08-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Way to totally ignore the main point of my post because you couldn't counter it.

Whether they've won last year or not is neither here nor there. The fact of the matter is, the Spurs coaching staff and core have shown that they know how to get it done multiple times now. They're champions just like Kobe is still a champion even if he hasn't won in a few years.

Are you honestly telling me that that type of experience doesn't put them a notch above the Bulls and the Pacers?

Regardless of the Spurs experience, Lebron and the Heat has not given me any reason to believe they won't tie the series in game 2 based on past history. Now if they lose then I can probably say the series is over but until the Heat lose 2 games in a row which they haven't done since january, you have to pick them has your best bet for Game 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball