Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:03 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJickler View Post
Jordan deserved SOME of the calls, just as Kobe does.

I thought it was very telling that Jordan's game-winning shot at the end of his career was a push-off when Byron Russell was guarding him. I loved Jordan, but he was allowed to do whatever he wanted.
Handchecking was still allowed at that time in the NBA, it was a more physical game. Given that, they let the players get a bit more *pushy*.

If they called all the fouls around Jordan the game would have ground to a halt....so they eased off around him (both ways) and also gave him leeway on defense to do unto others so to speak....

Old 05-12-2008, 03:48 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Then, maybe, you should stop hanging out in and/or reading "sports" forums!! Just a tip pal!
Reps from me for beating that flame down!

I'll give Kobe this, there's no quit in him. He's gonna need everything in his arsenal to fend off a confident Utah Jazz team now.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:04 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'll give Kobe this, there's no quit in him.
I disagree. Everytime his team seems to be down or getting beat he always develops some type of "injury/illness". Never fails. This way, if his team loses, he can say "well, I wasnt 100%.....blah blah blah..." and if they win he can say "We won and I was injured, see how great I am.....blah blah blah". My dream would be for him to get hurt an unable to play the rest of these playoffs and that my Lakers go on and win the championship without him.

Man, he is my least favorite player in the world. He's even below Pacman and T.O.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:39 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Wow! A Laker fan and you're not wanting to crown the league's MVP?

So are you sayin' he doesn't have a legitimate back injury? Just curious.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:09 PM

42 posts, read 109,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
X......doesn't seem like we agree on a whole lot, but let me tell you this is DEFINATELY one that we can agree on. Kobe Bryant is the biggest jerk in the history of the NBA. He ran Shaq out of LA because he is a selfish idiot. Guess how that worked out.....the Diesel got another ring. He wants to do everything by himself. He wants all of the spotlight well he has his chance and what did he do with it. Score a lot and win a little. Now he is tired of losing all of the time so he demands that the Lakers bring some more talent in......PLEASE!!!! What a moron. I hate his guts. I for one happen to like the direction that the Bulls are going and I dont want that cancerous idiot anywhere near it.
It's funny how everyone brings up that kobe is selfish and everything but shaq was that way in LA too. He was younger in LA, therefore wanted the ball all the time, and was the face of the lakers. I like shaq, dont get me wrong but he and kobe are alot alike. While in LA...both wanted to win, both wanted to be "the best", both wanted the ball everytime down the floor. That is a mark of a champion, a winner. And of course he wants more talent, have you seen who he has been playing with except for this past yr? No one, no matter how good they are, is gonna win in the playoffs without help. Basketball is a team game. Kobe wants a team, someone that can do something with the ball. Jordan is considered the best of all time, look at his teams. Look at his teammates....scottie pippen: hall of fame SF, steve curr: one od the best 3-point shooters ever, dennis rodman: one of the greatest rebounder and hard worker ever....etc. Name one player on the lakers, before last yr, comparable to any of these guys. Kobe is by far the best player in the NBA right now. If you think lebron is....talk to me when he can hit a consistent jump-shot. Name one thing that kobe can't do....Kobe Bryant is a legend of our time.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
Don't like tattoed players, or Kobe. And I'm glad he isn't on the Bulls, they wanted to trade good players and I don't think Kobe is worth that, nor do I want that trash on our team.
And i guess thats why yall had such a great year last year....

Old 10-02-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
hahaha... very funny post... "Awesome".... Hadn't heard that word since 3rd grade gym class....
....AWESOME post....AWESOME comment....3rd grade was AWESOME...gym class was an AWESOME class...
Since you hadnt heard it in soooo long id figure you'd want to catch up on things

Old 10-02-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
That's because they are winning right now!!
Who doesn't like to win....of course he's gonna be happier/better teammate....every great player wnats to win....

Old 10-02-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
You are correct, the Lakers are playing great and Kobe is having a great year basketball wise but Kobe will never ever be "Jordan-like", EVER. I don't care how many MVPs/Championships etc.. he wins, he'll never be what Jordan was. He's just too much of an arrogant, cry baby, selfish jerk off the court and sometimes on.
I agree that kobe will never be the same to the NBA that jordan was, but kobe and mj have VERY similar gameplay. If I'm not mistaken, either phil jackson or someone that has been around both mj and kobe said that kobe is a better all-around shooter. IMO, kobe is just as good of a player as jordan was, if not better!

Old 10-02-2008, 01:54 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Let's face it: once upon a time, basketball was a game where no individual meant more than the team. Them days are gone. Now, thanks largely to the way it is marketed, every team either has one recognizable star, or they'd better be looking for one. How many times do you hear television broadcasters say, "Kobe Bryant and the Lakers." As though the Lakers were his backup band. It's wrong, and it ought to disgust anyone who loves and understands the game. But it's become reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball