Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 10:56 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
I bet my prediction of OKC in 6th seed is looking a lot more appropriate now! One things for sure - things are gonna be real heated between Oklahoma and Houston. Harden vs his old team. Beverly vs Westbrook. I predict Houston beats them and, unless Lebron does something magical again, Harden will be league MVP.
While I can definitely see the door opening for Houston, I can't see Harden winning MVP. Houston would have to get the top overall seed. And even then many voters would attribute their rise to Howard's arrival.

With the MVP award I think this will be one of those, "Lets avoid giving it to LeBron again" years. If the Clips take the number spot in the West I could see Chris Paul winning. Ironically, Westbrook's injury and OKC's meltdown last playoffs may have taken a little shine off Durant's quest for his first MVP. It will be interesting to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 01:23 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
I bet my prediction of OKC in 6th seed is looking a lot more appropriate now! One things for sure - things are gonna be real heated between Oklahoma and Houston. Harden vs his old team. Beverly vs Westbrook. I predict Houston beats them and, unless Lebron does something magical again, Harden will be league MVP.
To win MVP, your team has to basically have one of the best records in the NBA. I put the stats up in an old thread about this but essentially you have to be a #1 or #2 seed to win MVP....a #6 seed has ZERO chance.

That's just the criteria the voters have been using for over a decade....which explains why Steve Nash won 2 (almost 3) MVP's and Kobe (and others) have only 1.

Houston is the wildcard with blending talent. If they mesh quickly and with westbrook out a while, I can see them finishing in the top 3.

I totally agree that the West is REALLY interesting this year with the Houston experiment, the OKC situation etc. The East has the nets-Knicks thing, the Bulls with Rose back, Miami on the throne and Indy of course breathing down their neck too.

This is the most excited I've been about an upcoming NBA season in over a decade.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:34 PM

929 posts, read 1,659,955 times
This is very good. He's my least favorite player in the NBA. A total jerk and an awful point guard to boot. Low on assists, high on points, on a team with Kevin Durant (and formerly James Harden) is inexcusable. He's a ball hogging two-guard who gets to play one-guard.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:38 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby BK View Post
This is very good. He's my least favorite player in the NBA. A total jerk and an awful point guard to boot. Low on assists, high on points, on a team with Kevin Durant (and formerly James Harden) is inexcusable. He's a ball hogging two-guard who gets to play one-guard.
Careful, pointing out a player that takes a ton of shots and has a low FG% (especially when playing alongside guys with great FG%) will generally get you called a hater around here.

Fortunately for you there are too many Westbrook fanboys around to defend his 41% FG rate and top 5 in the NBA attempts per game....but there have been guys with similar numbers and the media loooooves to give them a pass as long as they are up there in the scoring title chase.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Careful, pointing out a player that takes a ton of shots and has a low FG% (especially when playing alongside guys with great FG%) will generally get you called a hater around here.
I'm not too worried. If anyone asks, the answer to "who's the best PG in the NBA" is Rajon Rondo. Westbrook isn't even in the conversation.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:22 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,060,777 times
I agree 100% with ya Bobby. I think OKC and the Knicks are both jokes until they learn to pass. Rajon is a beast. Him and CP3 are far and away the best point guards in the league.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
He definitely shoots too much. And I agree he's really two guard. But last season's playoffs showed just how much space he creates for Durant. As frustrating as he can be at times that team is toast without him.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
He definitely shoots too much. And I agree he's really two guard. But last season's playoffs showed just how much space he creates for Durant. As frustrating as he can be at times that team is toast without him.
He's a good basketball player, without question.

But if OKC had James Harden available they wouldn't have been in that position.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:

But if OKC had James Harden available they wouldn't have been in that position.
Don't get me started down that road. That Harden trade will come back to haunt OKC's front office. It already did last playoffs. The Thunder actually regressed last season. And waiting for some young prospect players to become real contributors is a losing proposition. NBA basketball is not the kind of sport where unique, high quality players who fit your system can simply be "replaced" by other players. Well, not if you want to win a title that is.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:31 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
This isn't good. Westbrook is one of the most dynamic players in the league. Him and Durant are the only two players on OKC's roster who can create their own shots. Durant found that out the hard way in last season's playoffs.

Now they have to start the first month of the season with same look.

Russell Westbrook of Oklahoma City Thunder will miss first 4-6 weeks of regular season due to arthroscopic knee surgery - ESPN
westbrook is also the biggest ballhog in the nba. should trade him and get a true pg and legit center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball